Animal Companion and Essence Swapper

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Animal Companion and Essence Swapper

Unread post by evil950510 »

In BfA Hunters get Animal Companion, which calls a additionally pet from your first stable slot as a replacement for Hati. The issue I see is many Hunters in Legion had Essence Swapper to change the appearance of Hati into that of your main pet, so they can have matching pets. However, unless you go tame two of every pet, meaning spending hours or days to tame another Loque'nahak you are going to have two unmatching pets. I am hoping that Blizzard will allow Essence Swapper to still work in BfA that way Hunters can still swap appearances just for sameness, if you swap a bear for a cat it will still be tenacity but look and sound like a cat.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Animal Companion and Essence Swapper

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They have hopefully thought of this already, but if you aren't confident of that then you could post it on the forums as a suggestion :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I assumed that if you put the pet you wanted duplicated in the first slot you'd get 2 of them, but if that's not the case I'd be bummed out as my Void Elf hunter uses an army of void stalkers and I have no option of taming a second one.

EDIT: Though I wonder what happens if you literally only have 1 pet tamed and nothing else, maybe it would force it to duplicate? I guess I'll go check myself and report back. :lol:
Last edited by Vephriel on Fri May 11, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Vephriel wrote:Hmm, I assumed that if you put the pet you wanted duplicated in the first slot you'd get 2 of them, but if that's not the case I'd be bummed out as my Void Elf hunter uses an army of void stalkers and I have no option of taming a second one.
Sadly, no. If your main pet is in the first slot, then it'll go with whatever is in the second slot. If you bring out the pet in the second slot, then it'll despawn the second pet and spawn in the one from the first slot.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Hmm, I assumed that if you put the pet you wanted duplicated in the first slot you'd get 2 of them, but if that's not the case I'd be bummed out as my Void Elf hunter uses an army of void stalkers and I have no option of taming a second one.
Sadly, no. If your main pet is in the first slot, then it'll go with whatever is in the second slot. If you bring out the pet in the second slot, then it'll despawn the second pet and spawn in the one from the first slot.
I see.

Welp, I abandoned all my pets except for 1 and the result is....you don't get a second companion at all. :lol: So I guess you need at least 2 pets tamed for it to work. Hopefully they do tweak it a bit.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For the most part I like the new system as it feels natural and simple. But yeah, the duplicate thing is a complication. Hopefully there's a straightforward solution to that case. That's the kind of change that a glyph was useful for.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Yes Glyph would be the best option one that replaces your second with that of a copy of your current pet call it "Glyph of Mimicry"