Remove Two-Handed Requirement Srvl Hunters

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Remove Two-Handed Requirement Srvl Hunters

Unread post by Rawr »

I posted this on the official forums and gave it another poke today, hoping it gains a little more traction. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 369?page=1

"Currently on the BFA beta only Harpoon and Raptor Strike for abilities require two-handed weapons, others require just a melee weapon or don't have a weapon requirement, Butchery and Mongoose Bite are the only talents that require two-handed weapons.

There really is no reason for these to have a weapon type requirement when the majority of the Srvl toolkit doesn't even have a weapon requirement. Having a melee requirement would be fine and would take nothing away from the way Srvl plays atm. It would however, open up Srvl more to people who enjoy using two one-handed weapons and their animations, mog models, and overall feel.

Please remove the two-handed requirement for these abilities/talents.

(Is it wrong for me to want to chop up my enemies with axes like Rexxar?)" :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Remove Two-Handed Requirement Srvl Hunters

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I believe Blizz talked about this once a while back. Basically, the new animations that they made are tied to a specific type of weapon. The example that Blizz gave was, if a Rogue uses Mutilate, they thrust with their daggers. If you go into a model viewer, give a rogue a mace and have it use Mutilate, it will still thrust forward with them as if they were a dagger. So because of this, there are limits to what weapons can be used.
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

hunters were able to dual weild, how come they cant use the old animation to start with?

signature by spiritbinder
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I guess that's just something that Blizz doesn't want to do. They have developed all of these unique animations for the melee specs and they want them to be used. I personally would love if there were the option to duel wield, but I understand why Blizz may not do that.
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

i feel like they are bringing back a few things that were taken away and who knows maybe dual weilding for hunter may come back. at least its something im hopeful for D=

signature by spiritbinder