Kul Tiran Flight Form!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Kul Tiran Flight Form!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I love new Kul Tiran flight form :D

Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Kul Tiran Flight Form!

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm seriously considering making a Kul Tiran Druid instead of a Zandalari one now. All I need is a cool moonkin form (preferably with the same skeleton as the Zandalari one bc that's as close as we may ever get to playable Arakkoa) and I'm officially sold :D
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, holy crow!!! Ok, ok. Blizz you already had me sold on a race change, so just stop! Kidding, keep up the amazing!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love it!

I'm really enjoying the aesthetic of the Kul Tiran druids, but I have to admit I feel a bit of whiplash between them and the vibe of the character models themselves. It feels a bit like they're trying to smoosh 2 very different cultures into one race. The Kul Tirans give me the vibe of being a brawny seafaring folk, but the druid forms feel more fitting of a decrepit, scrawny woods witch. And I know the thin Kul Tiran models exist and are used for some of that but I don't see them giving that option to players.

Nothing wrong with the Kul Tiran models, but I find they don't match the mental image I'd like to have if I rolled a druid for those forms, if that makes sense.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Love it. Making one 100%. Wood witch incoming!!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Vephriel wrote:I love it!

I'm really enjoying the aesthetic of the Kul Tiran druids, but I have to admit I feel a bit of whiplash between them and the vibe of the character models themselves. It feels a bit like they're trying to smoosh 2 very different cultures into one race. The Kul Tirans give me the vibe of being a brawny seafaring folk, but the druid forms feel more fitting of a decrepit, scrawny woods witch. And I know the thin Kul Tiran models exist and are used for some of that but I don't see them giving that option to players.

Nothing wrong with the Kul Tiran models, but I find they don't match the mental image I'd like to have if I rolled a druid for those forms, if that makes sense.
100% get where you're coming from. I'm holding out that they do give those scrawnier looking models to the Kul'tirans as well because it does fit the whole look of the druid forms a bit better. Unless the druids can be a lot scrawnier it just hasn't been shown yet bc it's not as hype-worthy? Idk, but I'd still be pretty hyped over having a super scrawny and creepy witch as opposed to a pirate who has a liking for skulls.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

But... that's the point?

The Kul'Tiran druids learned druidism from the Drust, the race they eradicated. Only a small fraction of Kul'Tirans practice druidism, the rest of them wiped out the Drust.

The ones that were friendly with the drust are continuing their legacy. Their druidism *is* based on another race.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Myzou wrote:

But... that's the point?

The Kul'Tiran druids learned druidism from the Drust, the race they eradicated. Only a small fraction of Kul'Tirans practice druidism, the rest of them wiped out the Drust.

The ones that were friendly with the drust are continuing their legacy. Their druidism *is* based on another race.
I wouldn't know as I haven't quested through beta, I've been saving most of the content for live (plus I'd familiarize with Horde storylines first as that's the faction I main). Regardless it's more of an aesthetic departure for me, not something that clicks with what I'd ultimately visualize for a character if I wanted to have those forms.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Heck, every druid form they have is ~so~ my style I can't even deal. It's SO awesome. I just love it. I love the aesthetic of them all sooo much, I know I sound like a broken record but ahh it's just too good.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."