WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:55 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Kilrogg
With 8.0 now on the PTR and only weeks away from going live, I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who have grown close to the models of old, before their precious appearances are gone forever.

First and foremost, my beetle, Carmine. I've had her since Legion hit, and she's tanked everything from Mythic dungeon bosses to Heroic Aggramar. I'm really going to miss the turquoise stripes that matched my character so well.

Next are my two spiders, Nancy and Webster - primarily the latter - and for more than just the model change. See, both spiders have unique audio compared to similar spiders; Webster uses Nerubian sounds and Nancy uses regular vanilla spider sounds. This will no longer be the case as of BfA, however, and they'll be stuck with the same audio their respective arachnid contemporaries use.

Then there's Squishy. While he doesn't see as much use as Jormy, I figure he's still worth a mention, since the added teeth will definitely cause him to lose that cuteness factor.

On the other hand, I'm actually kind of excited to see Chupathingy get a shiny new model! Definitely going to miss the unique model animations, though. (I'm sure you guys see a pattern here by now. :P)

And lastly, my tiny spiderscorp Hati. Not because its model is going to change or anything, but because its small, almost advantageous size will likely never be replicated ever again by another Scorpid pet. I'm really gonna miss you the most, my little pocket DPS. Your sacrifice to protect Azeroth will not be in vain... :cry:

Of course, there are a handful of other pets whose models I'm going to miss, but I'll likely be switching them out for brighter and more fitting skins in BfA.

So which pets are you sad to see go? Which ones are you excited to see get an update? Share your screenshots down below!

Until then, see you next tame!

~Slapperfish >*)))>{

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_061918_014823_cropped.jpg [130.84 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
WoWScrnShot_061918_010602_cropped.jpg [120.83 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
JezSpiders_Cropped.jpg [244.07 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
WoWScrnShot_061918_013554_cropped.jpg [77.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
WoWScrnShot_061918_005856_cropped.jpg [117.35 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Jezpalimu, 120 Troll Hunter & Kent, 120 Human Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:51 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul (US)
Farewell Moronga. They're named after a kind of bloodsausage, and the new red hyena skin doesn't fit anymore. It looks like a plush toy that's been through the wash too many times. Moronga will be replaced with a rodent, raptor, or black hyena.

Attachments:
moronga.png [141.92 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:50 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Nanaki, my Friend and partner for the past 11 YEARS. We have been through so much together, survived so many challenges and seeing all of the world together. I found you, so long ago, in the Scarlet Monastarty. Trapped behind those stone walls while your heart yearned for freedom. I went in there with a friend, and we found you, and took you from beneath the shadow of those stone walls. Never again would they trap you so.
Blizzard came in like a storm and your mighty stance was forever changed as they broke your back...but you did not let this stop you, onward you went with renewed savagery. Your head now low to the ground, you used this to your advantage to track and lunge from below while my arrows rained down from above.
Later, when the world changed and everything we knew crumbled away, I found you again, in the Deserts of Tanaris, waiting for me by the 4 bones of a long dead beast. You were scouting this new land for me. United again, we turned and marched into Uldum and it trembled at the savagery of our combined might.
Now we are tested again as blizzard once more comes in like a storm...though this time it is to cover you in play doh, a piss poor paint job, and stuff you full of supersized Big Mac's till your so overweight you can't even run right. (May Blizzard take pity and let my find "You" again, maybe waiting by some bones in a desert somewhere again)

Puppy Hati, Pup! You were something I was never expecting and something I never thought I'd come to care about as much as I did. You have sacrificed so much for us, given so much for us. You are something that may never be again, and something that is being taken away long before your time. There may be other wolves with lighting, nothing but false pretenders to who you are to me. Pup! I will miss you!

Things will never be the same...and that's not always a good thing.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:16 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Moon Guard
Gonna miss you, Baku, buddy.
Yes, you needed a new model in the worst way.. But not like what they gave you. They turned you into a dog just like all the other dogs. I hope that one day you may hold your head up high and proud again, and jump about excitedly for battle.
Until then, take a good long break in the stables. You've done so much, both IC and OOC for me.
Love ya, Baku.

Siggy under construction!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Lightbringer
Joining in the general chorus of those saying goodbye to their good friend, the little red hyena.
Fish has been with me since the days of three pet slots. Sure, he bounced in and out of the stables some, but once it opened up to five, he's never left. There was that brief time where he ran away to the desert, but let's be real, Deathwing shook everyone, I can't blame him.

Fish will continue on as a white hyena, most likely, though if they ever do decide to tweak his goofy new res self, who's to say he won't find his color again? Time will tell.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR