More stable slots (it happened)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Leadspitter
Realm: Silvermoon

Re: More stable slots (it happened)

Unread post by Leadspitter »

This is good news!

Thank you. :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I understand the complaints. It's been over 6 years since we last got more stable slots. Since then, they've added a LOT of rare pets. Like, a LOT. Some people like to collect rare pets, and choosing which rare pets you can keep and not really suck.

That said, I'm 99% sure this is just a bandaid fix until they revamp the hunter stables either during BFA or the next xpac. Whether that means a collections tab, a full on revamp of the system that lets you hold as many as you want, etc. is anyone's guess.

Me and many others asked on the beta forums that *until* they figure out what they're doing with hunter stables (since they said they're still debating internally), can they please add at least one new page so we can tame the new BFA looks without abandoning our current pets. Especially since there's sooooooo many updated models in BFA.

I'm happy with 10 slots. It'd better than not having any and only being able to tame a Bee and Unicorn like I thought I'd be stuck with in BFA. Now I can choose 10 more pets to call my own. <3

(And for the record, I actively switch out all 50 of my pets while I play, except my spirit beasts. I just refuse to release the spirit beasts because of how hard they are to tame)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Complaints are something else entirely, and that isn't what is being discussed. What is being discussed is those that are whining and being ingrateful about the 10 slots given. Blizz didn't have to give anything.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Complaints are something else entirely, and that isn't what is being discussed. What is being discussed is those that are whining and being ingrateful about the 10 slots given. Blizz didn't have to give anything.
They're the same thing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not necessarily. You can complain about the lack of updates regarding the Stable, and then you can whine about how 10 isn't enough and instead wished that they gave you 20, or how insulting it is that Blizz only gave 10 slots.

Either way, it comes across as ingrateful when someone says "10 slots? That's barely anything." or "I wish that they gave us 20 or more."
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

The more, the better! But I'm glad we got 10 so I don't have to let anyone go. :D Though, I may release a couple whose new looks I don't like.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Myzou wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Complaints are something else entirely, and that isn't what is being discussed. What is being discussed is those that are whining and being ingrateful about the 10 slots given. Blizz didn't have to give anything.
They're the same thing.
I think the difference, which does exist, is between critiquing and whining. And there is alot more whining than critiquing.
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

I'm definitely appreciative for the 10 additional slots since now I'll actually have room for a Pterrodax, Bee, Krolusk, and Lizard. To me it feels like a temporary fix while they work on something more permanent. Even if it's all we're getting for a while, it's a nice gesture for collectors like myself.
Khoovi
Realm: Moon Guard - US

Unread post by Khoovi »

Hah, hah .. I was in housekeeping mode and have literally just this moment released a page worth of pets just before reading this, but hey, I really needed to do it anyway and so I will have two new pages free. Win-Win :)

Great news ! <3

Hmm, maybe .. Void Storage for pets in future ... nooo .. it's dark in there !
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I’m happy for the extra room but expected something... I don’t know...more after the interview with Muffinus & Perculia. He specifically referred to adding more stable slots as not a great solution so I was rather surprised that’s exactly what they did.

Honestly, the only thing I’m interested in taming in BfA is a unicorn which I can get in pre-patch. Unless a new spirit beast appears that’s my only taming plans at the moment. But, I could definitely entertain myself for quite a long time if they’d give us a collection tab.
Enikka & Gara.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

ejpaints wrote:I’m happy for the extra room but expected something... I don’t know...more after the interview with Muffinus & Perculia. He specifically referred to adding more stable slots as not a great solution so I was rather surprised that’s exactly what they did.

Honestly, the only thing I’m interested in taming in BfA is a unicorn which I can get in pre-patch. Unless a new spirit beast appears that’s my only taming plans at the moment. But, I could definitely entertain myself for quite a long time if they’d give us a collection tab.
I believe the 1 page of stable slots is a bandaid fix until they can do what they want to do with the system.