Rant Thread

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lupis »

SIGHS i feel like such an idiot sometimes. i get excited or confused or i'm too enthusiastic and i end up ignoring people, or trying to help and hurting instead. i'd love to be able to do things right some day

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

My work days got switched without me noticing. Accidentally didnt show up. Even my boss didn't realize I was supposed to work that day until it was way past my shift. Texted me asking if I'd be in the next day, which I assumed I would be. I asked if I had still lost the extra hour, since they are cutting hours, and only then did she realize I was supposed to be in THAT DAY.
Now I'm suspended until the 6th :l

Siggy under construction!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I had a weird dream this morning. One of those weird ones you get when you wake up then fall back to sleep.

I was in the car with my dad driving to... who knows. We were going to go under a railway bridge not realising the road was being reworked there but was still open for some reason, so dad slammed the brakes and swerved us back around to wait until it finished. Cos that's totally how roadworks work. We then went under the bridge and parked in a massive underground car park and wondered around an old-style village all apparently under this railway bridge.

Cut to us then walking down a path with the main road, currently empty, on one side and fields on the other, much like there is irl between where I live and the aforementioned bridge. I saw a creature that looked like a cross between a fox and a wolf run across the field and it changed colours depending on what it stood on. We kept walking and I saw another wolf-fox thing laying, twitching in the field. I asked what was wrong with it and dad said, extremely nonchalantly, that it had been poisoned and was dying. Asking again he said, "they're nothing more than pests after all". More and more of the dying creatures started appearing in the fields as we kept walking, all twitching, trying to stand and failing or screaming in pain.

Suddenly I'm carrying a six-pack of large Ambrosia custard tins and a variety of biscuit packets. I'm staring out in horror at the dying fox-wolves when dad yanks me to one side as a woman pushing a pushchair wanted to get past. Apparently dad knew the woman and they begin walking together not caring about the animals. I start to follow while more people start walking past out of nowhere. One of the tins falls out of the packaging and hits the curb, denting it, and I go to retrieve it. Another woman walks over and starts making scissor motions at me and gesturing at the biscuits. I told her, "sorry but I'm not in the mood right now, it's not funny". She gives me an indignant look and walks off, and I then notice that every packet of biscuits had been opened and spilled all over the path for the last few steps. Everyone who walks past and sees laughs at me, causing me to break down. I try to scream but no sound comes out.

I woke up crying and my chest felt heavy as I breathed. Been kinda depressed since.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have a VERY old friend (nearly 50 years we've known each other) who started playing WoW this winter.
I know he has mental health issues (paranoia, depression, etc...)

He's quite a drama queen, tends to go on and on and on about things that happened 30 years ago. I spend most of my time telling him to "let it go".

He's left the guild before in a hissy because he was upset about some stupid thing that happened in the game (not even in the guild.. this was totally something like "too many alliance players I can't finish this quest!!!!!!!!!")

Now he's gone and left the guild again! And all I can think is "that's it, no more mulligans."
I can't handle the drama. I'm dealing with my own terminal illness I don't need to also deal with his mental issues.
So now I feel like a bad friend, except he really totally deserves to be slapped silly.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I just dealt with the most bafflingly toxic person in WoW. So, this guy sort of attached himself to me, and I befriended him because he was new to the game. Helped him out, gave him some stuff. The usual, you know? He wanted to add me, so I went with it, just under battletag, obviously. And every day, he was talking non-stop for hours at me, telling me all this stuff about his life. I even kept being decent and giving the benefit of the doubt even after he hit me the double whammy of being a Trumper and the old line of "I don't like homosexuals, but YOU'RE ok". Yeah, I know, I know, but I'm trying to make friends with people who are different than me and he's a newb and all.

Then yesterday, he was mysteriously gone from my friends list. I did due diligence and whispered him in case it was a glitch or mistake. He had me add his battletag back and was apologetic about the whole thing and said he didn't know how it happened.

But, today, he was talking about millenials. I told him what the birth year range was, and he disagreed. So, he called me a "dumb c***" and kicked me off his friends list. Just like that. I was honestly relieved, but it's a bit shocking. However, me being me, I couldn't leave it....so I sent him a message saying essentially "thanks for removing yourself, you actually were pretty annoying and I'm glad I don't have to talk to you now" He replied by calling me "lesbian killary voter" and wished me good luck in Hell.

I know there is no naming, no shaming. But he's on the Proudmoore server. Be careful out there, friends.

Anyway, Sukurachi, I'm sorry you're dealing with that drama. It sounds excessively stressful :hug:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

thanks Teigan.
and oh my god... not to get political, but that trumpista was VILE!!!

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Computer has been bluescreening forever. Did a fresh windows install and the bluescreens stopped.. But it still will legit shut off 100% in WoW. Usually happens in raids and dungeons, but today it happened while doing my first world quest.
IDK shit about computers.
Computer wasnt even hot or anything.
When it was blue screening, it would give me "exception not handled atikmdag.sys"
Now its just 100% shutting off, no error.
IDk if it's the video card. Or if my computer is just dying.
I dont even know what to look for when finding a computer repair place :c

Because of these computer issues, I've 100% given up any hope on getting the Ahead of the Curve stuff lmfao. No one is going to want to wait for my happy ass to log back on in the middle of a raid.
First world problems I guess. Meh.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Bowno, I had a similar problem and my brother did, too. His is more like yours- computer just completely shutting down when doing anything that takes effort. Mine didn't shut off entirely, but would black screen and start building up errors I couldn't see until I force restarted, only when I was playing games that made it work hard- GW2 and FFXIV especially. Made me miserable, I'm in a raid static and it kept blackscreening during our raid nights. ;_;

Unfortunately, for both of us it meant a new computer. :< If you can take yours apart, though, maybe try a new graphics card, or search computer repair places nearby with good reviews and try that.

If it comes down to it and you just need a new computer... get yourself a contact who knows computer stuff (I have a raid friend who works in IT who helped me), buy some parts with their help, and build one. It sounds scary and looks so so intimidating but its way easier than it sounds, and nets you a REALLY nice computer for way less than anything pre-built. I hope you figure out your computer problems without needing to sink that much money into it, though!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Thank you for the advice and input! I have a feeling that its just my computer dying off :C I gave it another good clean out (even though it wasnt really that bad) and I'm hoping that will help a little bit. Got a recommendation from a friend for a computer place to call in the morning. Turns out, theyre good friends with the guy who owns it. So hopefully that will net me a bit of a discount or something.
Praying it doesnt cost too much. We've got some other bills that need paid before I go dropping money on a brand new computer Dx

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I second the idea of building one if yours dies. My girlfriend recently built one, and it was far cheaper than it would have been otherwise. A friend of hers from guild talked her through and it went pretty smoothly despite her never having built one before. Hopefully you don't need to though.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

@Bowno It sounds like a power level / quality problem to me. Typically it's either the PSU (power supply unit) or the motherboard that's to blame in those cases. If the graphics card doesn't get the power it wants when it wants it, the drivers will start throwing errors all over the place and often bluescreen as a result. It could be the graphics card, or possibly main RAM, but I'd be looking at the other two first. Just my $0.02 worth based on my experience.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Brought in my computer at 10:30 AM today. Got it back just now around 2:30 PM.
The guy said the video card's fan was running at a fourth of the speed it should have been. So he replaced it. Said he was able to watch youtube with no problem, while I had only been getting about 10-15 mins before a shut off. So we'll see if that was all it was.
Fingers crossed.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Feeling pretty annoyed and hurt. I belong to a club and I help out all the time at events (usually being the only one to volunteer) but this last time I actually wanted to go to some of the panels at this con so declined this time. I found out the organiser was treating everyone (and even some ppl who didn’t help) to dinner as a reward…which when I asked about it at the event seemed to be a big secret. I asked to go since I’d helped the previous 3 events but didn’t really get a reply…then in a group chat I’m apart of they were actively discussing it and then posting pics. I feel pretty horrible. Like I’ve actively been left out of an event with people I considered to be friends – especially since I saw one person there that didn’t actually help at all!

The group chat just felt like it was being rubbed in my face too…my husband thinks I shouldn’t worry and just to mention it next time the organiser begs for help (like to ask if I get to come to a dinner next time) but I’m kinda feeling like this is personal on some level when I probably shouldn’t…I dunno just feel really hurt. I kinda want to tell the main person how I feel about it since I considered him a friend but not sure if they’d really care. Or if I should just forget the whole thing and just not be as helpful in future since it seems it isn’t appreciated 

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Pretty crap day. I feel like everything has just gone wrong on WoW today. It's just making me really hate people., I don't know why people are so selfish and lazy. I've always loved helping people in this game but it's just not like that anymore? Hearing people joke about letting other people do the work when it comes to rares and invasions just makes me wanna throw my pc out the window. I am so so sick of people just waiting for phase 3/low health mobs and letting everyone else do the work. You do realize if the people actually playing the game decide not to anymore you're never gonna get anywhere?

My day started off having a group of people watch me clear a group of elites that were standing in front of rare, then they happily joined in after I was finished. Not to mention my pet was tanking it because they were all squishy. I really do not like being mean to people but one day I'm going to feign death and they're all just gonna die and you know what? I'm gonna keep doing it. We'll start all over again, we'll get the rare to 10 percent and then you can all die again. And again. Until you leave me alone. Then I had to do WQs where everyone seems to think if they don't kill everything themselves they'll not finish the quest. Do these people not realize things rarely "grey out" anymore? You don't need to snatch all the mobs away when I'm trying to clump them to AoE them down. Just tag them!! You'll get credit stupid!! Then I got killed by someone on a Warden tower literally one mob off finishing the world quest - making me lose my rep buff. I don't mind being killed, it's a PVP zone and it's fair game but jesus christ if you're gonna run off crying when people come back after you then maybe PvP is not for you? And then finally I decided to pop into the Nighthold to kill Krosus for my hatchling quest. I got the debuff from the infernal - wasn't healed through it and died before the boss which they then started without me and I got no credit for killing it meaning I queued up for one hour for no reason.

My fiance told me never to group on weekends. I need to learn to listen.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Small rant: packed up my model for Sydney super excited to go to my first competition (yay!) I know I'm not going to win but I was pretty happy with what I've done and a friend messages me to say I've done something wrong and I call myself zaku girl (club nickname actually) but I've done this blah blah...like why? I just felt like shit. I haven't done it wrong I triple checked it...and why does he care anyway? He isn't even entering! I just don't get it. Lately I just feel so picked on for no reason... :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

tries to understand and sympathize with someone. words it badly. comes off like a dick.

i hhhhhate this i hate apologizing and feeling like i'm making it worse i hate my stupidity can i please stop making the people i care about upset and can i stop crying over it and making them feel worse

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

MM feels so weak and under powered now. Guess I'll have to wait till the expack to start feeling useful again >.>

NVM I think its just against elites!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

and as usual, have to reinstall all of my addons for WoW (though I don't have that many)... the problem is that those I count on most are the ones that get updated the least often.

there are so many "why the heck did Blizzard do..." questions that I'm not even going to complain. It's an expansion. They changed a bunch of stuff that didn't NEED to be changed. I'll learn to live with it.
But I won't be happy about it.

"Step on no pets!"

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

This UI is the worst.

Teigan