WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: The Scryers (Horde side), Aman'Thul (Alliance side
this is all a pain in the butt..
I like to have two identical or at least matching (ie: same species, different colours) pets.

This means I'll have to get doubles of some of my pets just so I can have the parents to my little battlepet (I also match my hunter pets with my battlepets, to make a "family unit" which gives me more of a sense of relationship with my hunter pets).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:05 am 
The Insane
The Insane

:D

Attachments:
F9B703B0-38BE-4272-872A-5676DEB93B17.png [145.3 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Vek'nilash
lol nice Wain

I've gotten rid a few t-rexes so I have two spaces. I'm waiting to see what happens when BfA goes live. I know I want a few of those raptors with feather hair and unicorns...omg...I'm gonna need more space :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
I don't need to purge, I only ever tame things I really want and plan to keep. I will try a few new pets out but having another tab is more than enough for me. :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Greymane, Rexxar, Staghelm, & Nesingwary
There's really no need for me to go on a stable purge as I've always maintained plenty of extra room for new tames. Still, I have felt the need to release a few pets here and there that have lost their bond with me (and their hunter) over time.

More so, I'm looking to rename a few of the pets that are staying. Greek hero/deity names are great and all but they just don't mesh well when I think of an Orc huntress' pet. This also applies to my Troll's pets -- as of now the majority of them are named after liquor/cocktail drinks. I'm debating whether or not it's worth the hassle of changing them all to a different, more respectable theme.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil
I released about three that were tamed in legion that I did not love. That plus the space I already had and the new tab, gives me sixteen slots for BFA, which should be more than enough.

Right now I am working on taming a crab, hyena and demon dog that will changes looks with the prepatch. Got the first two, waiting for the other to spawn

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm 

Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
Niabi wrote:
I'm looking to rename a few of the pets that are staying. I'm debating whether or not it's worth the hassle of changing them all to a different, more respectable theme.

For some unknown masochistic reason, I've been changing the names of all my pets at the beginning of each expansion. A fresh start, I guess. For BfA, I've decided to give them names of islands or archipelagos.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:10 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Moon Guard, Blackwater Council
Been kind of purging here and there on my main for now hunter removing certain pets but knowing we get ten more slots and after playing the beta seeing there are not many I really want except of course the four dream runners and some lizards don't need to stress about it.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:20 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: aegwynn
I'm against having a pet transmog system, but I also hate the current system on beta.

I like having two identical pets at my side. But to do that in beta means I have to tame two of each pet I want to dual wield. One to have on me, and one for the stables.

On beta I currently have two kurken, two green parrots and two of the weaponstabbed riverbeasts. Because that is the only way to dual pets currently.

Instead of using stable slot 1 for the secondary pet, I would rather have a ghost slot added to the stable UI. Then we could just copy over an existing pet into a secondary pet slot.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:40 am 

Pewmew wrote:
I'm against having a pet transmog system, but I also hate the current system on beta.

I like having two identical pets at my side. But to do that in beta means I have to tame two of each pet I want to dual wield. One to have on me, and one for the stables.

On beta I currently have two kurken, two green parrots and two of the weaponstabbed riverbeasts. Because that is the only way to dual pets currently.

Instead of using stable slot 1 for the secondary pet, I would rather have a ghost slot added to the stable UI. Then we could just copy over an existing pet into a secondary pet slot.

Or they could just add a glyph that makes your second pet look like your current pet. :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:38 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Pewmew wrote:

Wait that is seriously how you have to do something as simple as two of the same pet? This is the entire purpose of the Essence Swapper, I figured with Hati out of the picture, this would be repurposed for this very function since they purposely made the Animal Companion talent. Seems like an oversight because having to tame two identical pet to accomplish what an item from the previous xpac did is about as inelegant a solution as it gets.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:00 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Realm: Not playing WoW anymore :)
Is It the first stable slot which is your secondary pet or your second pet in the whistle?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:36 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil
Tårnfalk wrote:
Is It the first stable slot which is your secondary pet or your second pet in the whistle?

First pet in your stable is the one summoned by the talent-so if you want to change it you do have to go back to a stablemaster or be an engineer and have the item that lets you access your stable.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:48 pm 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Shade wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:

First pet in your stable is the one summoned by the talent-so if you want to change it you do have to go back to a stablemaster or be an engineer and have the item that lets you access your stable.

Yep, so it's not any of the pets in your active Call Pet slots, but the very first one in your stable. Visual reference:

I think it's a bit of a silly way of doing it too, maybe they'll introduce a glyph that just makes the talent copy whichever pet you have active.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_071418_114454.png [773.84 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
WoWScrnShot_071418_114500.png [291.71 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

avatar & signature artwork by studiofruke
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:48 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I still had about 7 stable slots left after Legion, so with the new pet tab coming I have more than enough space. Still, I did go on a small cleaning sweep. I released a Crab that I tamed just for the toy crab knife. I released a WoD wolf I just never seemed to use too. And a mechanical squirrel, lol I might release my mech spider too. I liked the spider more than I thought I would, but overall I just don't seem to click with the mech family at all. Of course, that might've changed if they let us tame a rocket chicken (I love that battle pet!), but I don't like the colors/looks of the mech chicken update so IDK if I'd get one even if it became available now. The model update itself looks really nice, but it just doesn't have the same 'character' the old mech chicken has.

Oh, and unless Karkin is fixed, I don't plan on keeping him. But I'm holding off releasing him until like "no sign of being fixed" has passed.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:42 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:
Shade wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:

Yep, so it's not any of the pets in your active Call Pet slots, but the very first one in your stable. Visual reference:

I think it's a bit of a silly way of doing it too, maybe they'll introduce a glyph that just makes the talent copy whichever pet you have active.

Ahh! Thanks for the explanation! I kinda like that the extra pet keeps it's name. Maybe you guys will get an essence swapper in BFA too.
Question: Is your secondary pet always same spec as your primary or is it the spec your pet has in the stableslot?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:53 pm 

Second pet has no spec, it only does the normal attack (Bite, Smack, Claw) no abilities. :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Rawr wrote:
Second pet has no spec, it only does the normal attack (Bite, Smack, Claw) no abilities. :mrgreen:

It doesn't have a spec, but it does do more than normal attacks. (Just adding this in just in case :) )

Animal Companion does the following:

Quote:
Auto attacks
Kill Commands
Beast Cleaves
Stomps (talent)
Benefits from Bestial Wrath
Benefits from Frenzy stacks from Barbed Shot
Uses Dash
Gets healed by Exhilaration
Appearance can be changed by swapping the pet in your first stable slot. This means in order to have 2 of the same pet, you will actually need to tame 2 copies of it

Quoting Bendak from their recent article on EotB
http://eyesofthebeast.com/2018/07/bfa-beta-changes-to-animal-companion-hati-replacement-does-almost-everything-your-regular-pet-does/#more-113359

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:57 pm 

Oh good they fixed them then, they were so slow it was like having the first round Hati again. :lol: :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:33 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Awesome. Could someone test what happens if your first stable slot is empty and you only have 1 pet in your whistle. ? Curious to see if it copies your whistle pet then.

Flight Rising Lair