Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Maizou »

Naw, they're definitely planning something for Hati.

One of the recent beta builds included a new spell to the files, called Hati's Bond: bfa.wowhead.com/spell=281866/hatis-bond#see-also-other
Hati's Bond
100 yd range
Hati will now fight for you as a companion.
It may not be available at 8.0, but they're obviously working on something. And yes, it's the same name as the artifact trait that grants Hati, but it's an entirely new spell.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

What I wondered was if they would do something similar to druids with our Titanstrike transmog, that your pet would look like Hati whenever you transmogged as Titanstrike. Not the case, nor does animal companion. I took Titanstrike to Storm Peaks, temple of storms, even found skoll. Nothing triggered anything. A long shot, sure, but I figured worth checking out.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Wain wrote:
Sarynotsorry wrote:I imagine hati is meant to be a surprise.
*Hati pulls off mask*

It was Vol'jin all along!
ROFL

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, from what I've heard it's unlikely we'll see any more old world tames appear in the 8.0 release tomorrow. But they will appear in a later patch. Just a heads up so you're not disappointed if you can't tame a zhevra or skyscreamer. It's still worth checking, just in case they do just make it in :) It's just unlikely.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A later patch like a hotfix patch or a major patch like 8.1?
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Aw, dang! No toads tomorrow, then?
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Myzou wrote:Naw, they're definitely planning something for Hati.

One of the recent beta builds included a new spell to the files, called Hati's Bond: bfa.wowhead.com/spell=281866/hatis-bond#see-also-other
Hati's Bond
100 yd range
It may not be available at 8.0, but they're obviously working on something. And yes, it's the same name as the artifact trait that grants Hati, but it's an entirely new spell.
I'm starting to wonder if that's really the new 'version' of the Artifact trait for people going forward post-Legion. They did say that for people leveling after Tuesday (but still in Legion content 98-109) the Artifacts will work and continue to have "AP" as a desirable thing to obtain until they hit 110. Then they become defunct like everyone else's.

But I'm still hopeful its something toward's bringing Hati back, because as you pointed out, the new spell doesn't require Titanstrike (whereas the current Live version of Hati's Bond has a requirement of Titanstrike being equipped).
Vephriel wrote: Yeah, I have to admit that I can't really see them putting in something extra just for one class. To me it felt like we've seen the ends of our artifacts and I wouldn't count on getting special treatment necessarily, but it would be cool to see him show up somewhere maybe as a little easter egg. :) I suppose we'll see!
On the flip side of the debate though, Devs have put in something extra for other classes though. BM was the only one with a 'special pet' perhaps, but as an example Shadow Priests' dagger artifact and Arcane Mage's artifact actually whispers to the players. When those players go and tmog their weapons back to the artifact appearance, those weapons begin whispering to the player again. And they did create a special tmog 'update' (for lack of a better word) for Feral and Guardian druids to continue to use those unique forms. So I don't think it's really special treatment when they've given consideration to other classes for something 'unique' their artifacts did.

But still, fingers crossed we see something :)

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I agree they might do something to retain the "flavor" in BFA, like what you said for druids and priests, etc. I just don't think they'll make a special scenario for one spec of one class, for the destruction of the artifacts.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Teigan wrote:I agree they might do something to retain the "flavor" in BFA, like what you said for druids and priests, etc. I just don't think they'll make a special scenario for one spec of one class, for the destruction of the artifacts.
Ah yes, agreed. I don't think we'd see a special scenario like that. My apologies if that's what was being said, I misread. :oops:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote:Aw, dang! No toads tomorrow, then?
Toads, sure! I just mean any more tames on top of what were added a couple of months ago. Most of us assumed they weren't done making things tameable (it really did feel like they stopped half way) but they obviously didn't have time to get back to it.

Also, Karkin is going to appear with its broken blue skin and will be fixed later.

They're working on the opacity / transparency bug with some pets, but that may not make release tomorrow, either.
Valnaaros wrote:A later patch like a hotfix patch or a major patch like 8.1?
Good question. I wasn't told but I'd certainly hope it was a lot earlier than 8.1! They usually have a patch soon after launch to clean up a lot of things and hopefully it'll be in that. But I can understand why they won't want to be pinned down with a specific patch and date because things can get in the way of promises.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's good to know. At least things will be fixed sooner or later :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Rikaku wrote:
Myzou wrote:Naw, they're definitely planning something for Hati.

Hati's Bond
100 yd range
I'm starting to wonder if that's really the new 'version' of the Artifact trait for people going forward post-Legion. They did say that for people leveling after Tuesday (but still in Legion content 98-109) the Artifacts will work and continue to have "AP" as a desirable thing to obtain until they hit 110. Then they become defunct like everyone else's.

But I'm still hopeful its something toward's bringing Hati back, because as you pointed out, the new spell doesn't require Titanstrike (whereas the current Live version of Hati's Bond has a requirement of Titanstrike being equipped).
The old traits still exist in the datafiles. They're just inactive.

It wouldn't surprise me if artifact traits are active from 98-109 tbh.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah, agreed. It's an odd stand out spell. I just hope it really is for Hatis return. Esp since I noticed that "Hati" is a reserved name, so I can't even tame a stand in Hati :c

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I now have a page up of *just* the pre-patch tames:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/prebfapets.php

Here's the tweet if you could please help re-tweet it :)
https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 1581132800

Also, remember the summary of pet changes now in effect, which is here:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/bfachanges.php

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Great job, Wain! Looks good :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote:I now have a page up of *just* the pre-patch tames
Thanks, super helpful for patch day! I will probably run around and tame all the frogs before making my final decision, and maybe tame a temp dimetradon just for fun.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

i'm in and for anyone wondering: no, the pterrorwing's on the isle of giants aren't tamable on live
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Camping Fidonis-the white demon dog-for over a week now. Log into the game 4 mins after they say that the game has gone live.

And of course there is already a hunter there who tamed him. *cry*
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Shade - I should be able to help later, if the hunter that needs him is Alliance. I have a hunter on Earthen Ring, which is a dead RP server. I've had great luck pulling people to that server for rare tames.Though, on patch day, even that might be a bit crowded. PM me if you want to try that :)

And that offer stands for anyone else too. Earthen Ring is good for that kind of thing.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

Well I found out that the blue ghost demon dog is still ghostly! I tamed him the other day and just took him out to check..in the stable he looks solid, but he clearly is still ghostly :) I love his new look! and he has a new howl! He periodically howls while I have him out :)