Mount info help!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Mount info help!

Unread post by Wain »

I'm trying to compile a page of which mounts will be available immediately tomorrow, but I haven't been able to get into the PTR (it never seems to let me create a character and log it in), so I was wondering if anyone has been on and can answer me this:

- are the new mount-dropping rares in Arathi Highlands around yet? Or does that require the Siege of Undercity? (examples: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/skullripper.php , https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/b ... ustang.php , https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/s ... raptor.php )

- I assume dwarf pallies have their rams?

- I assume the mounts that you're awarded for completing the Alliance and Horde questlines (i.e., Undercity Plaguebat and Teldrassil Hippogryph) won't be available as they require the actual expansion events.

- Does anyone see anything in this list for mounts that will be available tomorrow that I haven't already put in the pre-patch section?
https://www.warcraftmounts.com/ - scroll down to the BfA mount list.

Thanks for your help :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Mount info help!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Dwarf rams will be available. The hippogryph and undercity bat will be avilable prior to August 13th. The Burning of Teldrassil questlines are apart of the pre patch, as is the Siege of Undercity.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The hippogryph and undercity bat will be avilable prior to August 13th. The Burning of Teldrassil questlines are apart of the pre patch, as is the Siege of Undercity.
But not immediately, right? Or is it immediately? :)

ALso, I got the impression that Mag'har and DIDs won't be recruitable as allied races immediately at launch?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm also curious what dwarf pallies get for their level 40 mount. I assume they still get the horse, since they only added the one ram. I assume fancier rams will be added later for the higher level. Honestly, those rams are so fancy I thought they'd give dwarf pallies a couple of less-armoured rams for 20 and then those for 40.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm not sure and I don't think anyone outside of Blizz knows. The actually WQs in Darkshore will start tomorrow. Whether the Teldrassil scenario will also be available is to be seen.

Correct, but normal Dwarves will still get their ram mount tomorrow. The DI ram won't be obtainable till the xpac launches.

I do not know whether they'll get the horses at 20 and the rams at 40, vice versa, or if they just get the ram and no horses.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for those replies. I really appreciate it. :) So many unknowns at this point. I'll have to wait and see. I hoped I could at least get on the PTR and confirm whether the rares are wandering Arathi, but I can't :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :) Unfortunately, there is a number of things that we just don't know at this point, but we should learn it all tomorrow.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

The patch notes that came out seem to indicate that the Teldrassil scenario is going to stretch out over three weeks, starting on July 24th. So very likely the Bat and Hippogryph won't be available till sometime in August. But like Valnaaros said, they will be pre expansion rewards.
Beginning the week of July 24 and continuing for three weeks leading to the launch of Battle for Azeroth on August 14, experience the escalation of all-out war in Teldrassil, and later Lordaeron. A new chapter of the relentless conflict at the heart of the Warcraft saga is unfolding, and it’s time for you to take your place on the front lines!
http://www.wowhead.com/news=285649/batt ... atch-notes

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks, I appreciate it :) I've switched those two to pre-expansion rewards now. I think the only real uncertainty at this point is the Arathi rares. If they're in the pre-patch then there's a lot of extra mount farming that will become available immediately.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

I don't believe the Arathi stuff will be pre expac. Of course, I'm not Blizzard, but given the timeline of events and story and that it's related to Warfronts, I don't expect we'll see those until after launch.

From my understanding, those rares only appear during certain conditions of Warfronts (when a certain faction is in control). Since Warfronts req. A quest line to be completed to access them, and that quest is in BFA itself, I doubt we'll see those mounts available before Aug 14.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rikaku wrote:I don't believe the Arathi stuff will be pre expac. Of course, I'm not Blizzard, but given the timeline of events and story and that it's related to Warfronts, I don't expect we'll see those until after launch.

From my understanding, those rares only appear during certain conditions of Warfronts (when a certain faction is in control). Since Warfronts req. A quest line to be completed to access them, and that quest is in BFA itself, I doubt we'll see those mounts available before Aug 14.
Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks :) I couldn't see any notes on the rares themselves that said how and when they were introduced.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'll see if I can dig it up again, but I reconfirmed some of the info from the BfA version of Wowhead on those rares linked in OP. :)

Here's one of the blue posts from the testing that confirms there are special conditions for the rares to spawn during faction control on a Warfronts

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 334#post-1