So the Burning (spoilers)

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

So the Burning (spoilers)

Unread post by Tankperson »

Well it turns out that once again blizz has decided to take the cheap and easy way out and make the horde the total villians of this prepatch. So many other ways they could have done and this has both me and the fiancee upset. I'm even considering leaving the game for a bit, I enjoy the story a lot thats what keeps me playing but at this rate why bother?
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: So the Burning (spoilers)

Unread post by Teigan »

This would be hard to deal with if you were a committed Horde player who objected to genocide. I am thankful I went home to the Alliance, because I do not want to be Horde after what I've seen.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Teigan wrote:This would be hard to deal with if you were a committed Horde player who objected to genocide. I am thankful I went home to the Alliance, because I do not want to be Horde after what I've seen.
I have played alliance the last few Xpac only for the fiancee likes them more. I still have my horde toons and I still enjoy jumping on them from time but this just makes me sad the whole game through. The great thing about being horde back in the day (Van-end of cata) was the fact that yes the horde did some questionable things but they never went this far. there was good in their leadership a true desire for peace and just to surive. All the races banded together because races from the Alliance had been trying to kill them and now they turned the Horde into the complete bad guys. I just don't know what to think still.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't like the whole "Alliance good Horde bad" shit. I thought we had moved on from that. Guess not. Worse part is it'll make the smug arrogant Alliance players more up themselves >.> There are those who like to be on a high horse about how "good" they are etc
Last edited by cowmuflage on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

I'm more disappointed that they decided to write it like this. The reveal is the most lazy reveal.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Disappointed but not surprised. I kind of regret doing the Horde side of the quest line on my pally. Hes my only max lvl Horde but those quests were so out of character for him that I kind of felt dirty. They used some really flimsy reasoning this time to get the War Ball rolling.
Someone in another thread mentioned that they could have had the tree burn due to a malfunction of untested Azurite-powered weapons. I wish they had gone with something more gray like that.

Kind of makes me glad that I main Ally so I can opt out of the Horde story if it ends up being like this the whole way through. I absolutely love the Horde races more than the Ally ones but I have had issues with the writing since Garrosh and its always kind of thrown me off a bit. Especially now that its taking such a hard turn towards war after we were the most united we had ever been during Legion.
*sigh* if only all races had the option to choose their faction. I could swap my characters around according to their personalities.

I hope Undercity will be handled better.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I left the game over the burning of Teldrassil, and would still be gone if it weren't for my brother wanting long distance family time. That being said, I appreciated the incompletable final Darnassus Alliance quest; it was a simple way to show the chaos and futility of war.

I feel bad for the Horde players, the Sylvanus cinematic just wasn't in the same league as the Jaina one.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

This...truly broke my heart. Jetfyre, my druid, was in a panic, trying to save as many civilians as possible with her friend, Lution. She didn't even get half....not even a quarter. Neither of them did. Story wise, she tried to go back after passing out from the smoke and waking up, but Lution grabbed her by the kitty tail and sapped her, dragging her into the portal to safety. He knew if she went back out there, she'd die.

My troll druid, Luna'jin, felt dirty doing this just as Saurfang did. In her mind, she was begging for forgiveness....

On that note, I do not think Blizz made the Horde total villains. They made Sylvanas the villain. If you remember, Saurfang hesitates. None of the other leaders are there. Majority of the army is orcs. Vol'jin mentioned Sylvanas would be the one to unite the Horde...but he never said she'd be doing the saving. Loas are never straight forward about stuff.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I did appreciate how Saurfang gave you a quest basically telling you that he wanted the civilians to be questioned before letting them go and refused to harm any of them since they were innocent bystanders. And I will give him props for not killing Mal- Sylvanas wont be happy about that. I always did like his character since he seems to be one of the far more rational NPCs.

I did also appreciate the ally-side quest where you had to evacuate Darnassus. At first i thought maybe it would be a group credit thing or something because the numbers were so ridiculously big. When i eventually noticed that there was a timer involved it really hit home what this meant. I thought it was a subtle, well thought out story telling choice.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Saurfang is up at the top of the rational NPC list imo.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Teigan wrote:This would be hard to deal with if you were a committed Horde player who objected to genocide. I am thankful I went home to the Alliance, because I do not want to be Horde after what I've seen.
Hear, hear.... that whole scenario was just......too much..
:cry: :evil:

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I should do the Horde side quests, but I don't know if I can. I have a Horde character that will stay Horde that I would use for this. I just feel sick about it, though. I'm trying to take the "but that bat is cool" angle and just psyche myself into it. It's just that I cried while doing the Darnassus scenario. Seeing the treants on fire, still walking around, and the feeling of trying to save everyone, but being woefully unable to, it was just painful. I don't know if I want to be on the other side of that.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

The gf just sent me this from twitter. :,D

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

That's a classic :lol:
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

That's magnificent :D
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I got a few. xD

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

heads up if you don't want to do the horde side- turns out when you learn the ally mount you learn the horde bat as well. I did all that stuff on my pally for nothing *_*
but if you dont like the questline you can avoid it and still get all the rewards that way.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

SylviaDragon wrote:heads up if you don't want to do the horde side- turns out when you learn the ally mount you learn the horde bat as well. I did all that stuff on my pally for nothing *_*
but if you dont like the questline you can avoid it and still get all the rewards that way.
Can confirm this.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

So that means I don't need to do the Alliance stuff? cool beans.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nope! You're good, cow. I did both cause I wanted to see both for myself.

LisaaraPokefarm