Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Wain »

Knarlg wrote:Here's something, trained parrots in Stormsong can come in all three colours. Not just the green one that is listed.
I thought all three colours were listed. Could you please let me know where you're seeing this? Maybe I need to fix something. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Also, so far as I know, Jeremy Feasel hasn't made a peep about special challenge tames, or spirit beasts, or whatever either. :(
Yeah, he hasn't said a word. Typically if there is something to be found, there would be a hint of some sort. It's very odd. Even WoD had Gara. :/
Yeah, something to nudge us into at least having some sort of idea that there is something to be found.

I think there was also a wasted opportunity to make a Wicker spirit beast. I think that would fit like a glove, to be honest.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:This will show you if the npc has a special effect baked into it, as well as printing out the npcid, since sometimes there are multiple npcs with the same name but different looks.

Code: Select all

/run local npcid = tonumber(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$")) print(npcid) ShowUIPanel(DressUpFrame) DressUpModel:SetCreature(npcid)
This is what I was using to check, so if they keep the effects as a hidden buff, I probably missed it. I was peaking at things while prowling on my druid, and then went to test taming later.
I only just realised that your macro will randomly show one of the possible appearances of the NPC you target, and not necessarily the one it's currently displaying, so by hitting the macro repeatedly you should eventually discover every possible colour it can come in. That's going to be incredibly handy! Thanks again!
Thingol

Unread post by Thingol »

another raven at Drustvar 27, 72 around the south of the town. One sitting at a lantern next to flightmaster tameable:
(counts as bird of prey -.-)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blackthorne is a tamable wasp. Located in the Deathmist Hills in Tiragarde Sound.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Feasting skyscreamer is available in the “Brown” variant in Atal’Dazar (all difficulties probably, but I got him in mythic). The orange model is listed as being there too but I never saw it and I’m thinking maybe the two got confused? Either way, Brown is definitely tameable in the dungeon. You can tell it’s the right skin by the blue eyes.
Attachments
8DAF856A-53A4-44BA-8734-F03197E91DD6.jpeg
8DAF856A-53A4-44BA-8734-F03197E91DD6.jpeg (108.62 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Blackthorne is a tamable wasp. Located in the Deathmist Hills in Tiragarde Sound.
Cool, thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sarynotsorry wrote:Feasting skyscreamer is available in the “Brown” variant in Atal’Dazar (all difficulties probably, but I got him in mythic). The orange model is listed as being there too but I never saw it and I’m thinking maybe the two got confused? Either way, Brown is definitely tameable in the dungeon. You can tell it’s the right skin by the blue eyes.
Thanks for catching that. Odd. I'll have to confirm later which colours are actually present in the dungeon vs the wild. Perhaps they differ. Did you see all the other colours listed for it? i.e.: http://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php?s ... iet=&tree=
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thingol wrote:another raven at Drustvar 27, 72 around the south of the town. One sitting at a lantern next to flightmaster tameable:
(counts as bird of prey -.-)
Thanks for reporting it :)
Could it be this one?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=135574/coastal-raven
The location looks right. If so, it's in our database.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Has anyone thought to check the draenor dire ravens? they use the same skeleton as the new pterrodaxes so I thought maybe theres a chance lol
Knarlg
Realm: Saurfang

Unread post by Knarlg »

Wain wrote:
Knarlg wrote:Here's something, trained parrots in Stormsong can come in all three colours. Not just the green one that is listed.
I thought all three colours were listed. Could you please let me know where you're seeing this? Maybe I need to fix something. Thanks :)
Oops was my bad I forgot to check the full carrion birds listing, all three colours are on there, sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Knarlg wrote:
Wain wrote:
Oops was my bad I forgot to check the full carrion birds listing, all three colours are on there, sorry for wasting everyone's time.
All good :) It is kinda confusing right now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sarynotsorry wrote:Feasting skyscreamer is available in the “Brown” variant in Atal’Dazar (all difficulties probably, but I got him in mythic). The orange model is listed as being there too but I never saw it and I’m thinking maybe the two got confused? Either way, Brown is definitely tameable in the dungeon. You can tell it’s the right skin by the blue eyes.
So it looks like all the tameable pterrordaxes that were listed as orange are actually brown. So, the good news is brown is tameable when we thought it wasn't. The bad news it orange isn't tameable (unless it's on an unreported one) :( Sorry for that, and thanks for bringing it to my attention :)
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Wain wrote:
So it looks like all the tameable pterrordaxes that were listed as orange are actually brown. So, the good news is brown is tameable when we thought it wasn't. The bad news it orange isn't tameable (unless it's on an unreported one) :( Sorry for that, and thanks for bringing it to my attention :)
No problem! I’ll keep an eye out for orange next time I’m in there. :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Another pterrordax colour has fallen :( I re-checked the Feasting Skyscreamers inside the dungeon and what was listed as grey was actually brown. In the yellowish zone lighting it's actually a really easy mistake to make. I found the easiest way to tell the difference was the top of the tail - the brown ones have a richer, pinkish tail while in the grey ones the tail runs to a darker shade.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Weird little note:

The mushroom guys you kill for the Mushroom achievement are classified as Beasts.

They're not tameable obviously, but I found it interesting nonetheless.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Here is what I have tamed so far:

I named this one, "Pollyanna"

"Talus"

"Edgar"

"Husk"

"Komodo" :roll:

"Summer"

"Tally"

"Duppy" :lol:

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I really hope they do a huge tameable pass in 8.1 and maybe add if possible, hopefully the horses. It's been frustratingly annoying seeing "creature is not tameable" everywhere..
WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

The ravenous sandworms from the world quest "Sandfishing" use the red jormungar skin.

jumbo-johnson
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by jumbo-johnson »

I was able to tame the onyx-sapphire crab. It was a rare mob in Drustvar.