BFA Rare Pets w/ Uncom Looks: rare pets with a unique look

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
arcanjl
Realm: Bonechewer

BFA Rare Pets w/ Uncom Looks: rare pets with a unique look

Unread post by arcanjl »

Are there any?? I love all most of the new pets, and some of the old ones now tameable, but I can't find any that is unique. I am a Hunter snob, and cannot put a pet in my stables that is not unique. Am I just missing something?

Thanks!

Gabe
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: BFA Rare Pets w/ Uncom Looks: rare pets with a unique lo

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If you mean something like a glitch/bugged pet, then there really isn't anything like that this xpac (at this time).
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

There are quite a few unique skins that were added in BFA, if by unique you mean found on only one mob.
Warhoon
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Warhoon »

The only two beasts I've seen so far that stand out from their ilk would be Wildtusk, a riverbeast with spears in his hide which remain after taming and possibly a rare direhorn in Nazmir that also has spears littering his body. I say "possibly" because he was a world quest target and I didn't notice the spears until after the fight ended (sorry, I don't recall his name).
Other than these two, I've yet to see anything that stands out as a unique color or model, but the expansion is just getting going!
Khoovi
Realm: Moon Guard - US

Unread post by Khoovi »

There seem to be a few, and I am looking forward to accessing Zandalar at 120 to get my hands on a few colourful individuals over there, frustrating that I have to wait but it's another motivation to level ;)

There are a number in the Saurolisk family that are unique colours, and the Stonescale version is different to the others with it's mossy rock hide, not one unique beast though, but there are just a few of them lurking on a remote island to the east of Stormsong.

I expect we may find some challenge tames and hidden pets later on ... it's early days !
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Warhoon wrote: and possibly a rare direhorn in Nazmir that also has spears littering his body.

He is untameable. I saw him yesterday and tried. (And I do have the Direhorn book for taming.) Honestly don't understand why we can tame a riverbeast with spears and can't get the direhorn with them. I'm so frustrated with what feels like an incomplete taming pass.

Also, side note. If you mean 'rare/uncommon' by nature of it being on a long-ass respawn timer and having to sit in one spot and hope someone doesn't harass you or the print tracking? So far, I don't think there are any, at least not yet. Otherwise, there are a handful of 'uncommon' looks sported by only one mob. Even if that mob respawns fairly quickly, making most looks relatively common.

However, with the current track record, I'm sure we'll get some sort of spirit beast in a later patch that's on a timer spawn. Print tracking is always fun too.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

My white cobra is sort of unique. He's only spawned during a non-repeatable quest in the desert.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This one that TastyBrush found is unique in a different way, as he has a trogg for a portrait :)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25583

And this goat that Xota found today has a unique and spooky curse effect:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 80#p600514
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Miadarrah
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Miadarrah »

There is a tamable bear in Stormsong Valley named Osca the Bloodied at coords 42/63 that has arrows sticking all out of it and a bleeding animation. It keeps these qualities once tamed. Just be careful as there is a Stormguard Hunter that is stalking the bear and until Osca kills him your tame cast gets interrupted.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=141239/osca-the-bloodied

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 5024215874
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Pewmew wrote:My white cobra is sort of unique. He's only spawned during a non-repeatable quest in the desert.
Which is a Horde-only quest, so Alliance folks will need to coordinate with a friend cross-faction to get it.
Image Image
arcanjl
Realm: Bonechewer

Unread post by arcanjl »

This is perfect, thank you!
Rykochet
Realm: Quel'Dorei

Unread post by Rykochet »

Thank you for the awesome rattle snake cobra!