Perferred Ways To Get Charms?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Perferred Ways To Get Charms?

Unread post by Thwip »

Hey guys! I've been a little out of the pet battling loop since about the end of MoP. Now, I've been playing since then, but I ended up lagging behind on keeping my pet list up to date with the last couple xpacs. Given that, I figured the start of BfA might be the best time to dive back into pet battling as there's many pets on the vendors that I want! (Lil Ben'fon, aaaaaaaaah)

So I have to ask: What's your preferred ways or general best ways of gaining those slick new polished pet charms so far? Is there any good way outside of the WQs? If not, is there any pets from WoD on up that are Must Haves for beastly pet teams?

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Perferred Ways To Get Charms?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think you mostly just have to stay on top of the WQs, and sometimes you can also find missions that award charms from your board thingy. I just hit 300 yesterday and treated myself to the Saurolisk Hatchling. :) It definitely feels like it'll take some time to save up for everything. I have a feeling they want the rewards to last for more of the expansion this time so it feels like we always have things to work toward.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

I'll definitely have to look into some of the more recent guides for takin' down the WQ trainers then!

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think it wouldn't feel quite so slow if the pet battle world quests always gave something pet related. I can't believe I'm nostalgic for more bandages, but the last thing I want is pet quests that reward war resources.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GormanGhaste wrote:I think it wouldn't feel quite so slow if the pet battle world quests always gave something pet related. I can't believe I'm nostalgic for more bandages, but the last thing I want is pet quests that reward war resources.
Yeah I wish they always gave charms. :( I have like 1k bandages though so I'm in no short supply of those. :lol:

And Thwip, Xu-Fu's site is great for WQ strategies:
https://www.wow-petguide.com/
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

This is -fantastic-. Thank you so much for pointing me that direction! I've since shared it with friends who are also looking at pet battling lately. :D

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma