Warfront rares reset timers

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Warfront rares reset timers

Unread post by Teigan »

Boven wrote: But if it'd been the other way around, it would have been okay? I'm sorry, but I'm getting kind of tired of everything being some kind of bias on Blizzard's part. It's getting to where I feel unwelcome on fan sites and blogs, just because I prefer to play Tauren.
Why would it be ok? It absolutely would not be. Neither faction should get screwed over like this.

And I don't know why you'd feel unwelcome. It seems like the most vocal WoW personalities are Horde. Even Petopia's guild was Horde and I think the majority of old timers on this site still play Horde. Most things are Horde, really.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:I suspect a lot of it is unintentional. You only have to look at the sheer scope of play-disrupting bugs that are reported in Alpha and still make it through Beta to release, to realise they have a general plan, they assemble stuff as quickly as they can, and a lot of details get lost. With the warfront thing, I doubt they had enough time left to think about the design and realise how much it would affect gameplay for one faction (or they realised and didn't have time left to do much about it), and now just want it fixed and don't have time to worry about evening things up. That's my gut feeling, anyway.
I agree with your gut my man. I don't think it's a "bias" or anything like that.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Teigan wrote:
Boven wrote: But if it'd been the other way around, it would have been okay? I'm sorry, but I'm getting kind of tired of everything being some kind of bias on Blizzard's part. It's getting to where I feel unwelcome on fan sites and blogs, just because I prefer to play Tauren.
Why would it be ok? It absolutely would not be. Neither faction should get screwed over like this.

And I don't know why you'd feel unwelcome. It seems like the most vocal WoW personalities are Horde. Even Petopia's guild was Horde and I think the majority of old timers on this site still play Horde. Most things are Horde, really.
yeah I agree. Either way this would of been shit not just cause it was Horde. If it was ally the outrage would be just as loud imo.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Teigan wrote:

The only time I've felt unwelcome was when the pre BFA stuff happened and a lot of people were going on that "If you played Horde you are a bad person IRL" and comparing people to Nazis and other dumb crap. I mainly use this site for WoW forums etc and I did not want to visit it, it kind of felt like the whole "If you don't have a rare pet skin you don't care about your pets as much" thing all over agian >.> (Wow that's a call back to something years old haha)
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote: I mainly use this site for WoW forums etc and I did not want to visit it, it kind of felt like the whole "If you don't have a rare pet skin you don't care about your pets as much" thing all over agian >.> (Wow that's a call back to something years old haha)
Wow the pet thing? that's really silly lol. My fav pets are sometimes common as haha!!

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote: I mainly use this site for WoW forums etc and I did not want to visit it, it kind of felt like the whole "If you don't have a rare pet skin you don't care about your pets as much" thing all over agian >.> (Wow that's a call back to something years old haha)
Wow the pet thing? that's really silly lol. My fav pets are sometimes common as haha!!
Wow. Either I missed that one, or I blocked it out o.O
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Teigan wrote:

It just gets tedious when people claim Horde biase because of a stupid mistake and followup decision by Blizzard. Blizzard screwed up, then made a not-so-great decision about it. It's not like they sat around a conference table wearing capes and top hats**, twirling handlebar mustaches and lauging evilly about how much it was going to piss off the Alliance. Yet, as often seems to happen, if something happens that benefits Horde members, it's Obvious Horde Bias. If it'd been the other way around, the people posting about bias would, I suspect, claim it gave them no big advantage and that it was no big deal.

It really can wear down some of us after a while.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

cowmuflage wrote:
The only time I've felt unwelcome was when the pre BFA stuff happened and a lot of people were going on that "If you played Horde you are a bad person IRL" and comparing people to Nazis and other dumb crap. I mainly use this site for WoW forums etc and I did not want to visit it, it kind of felt like the whole "If you don't have a rare pet skin you don't care about your pets as much" thing all over agian >.> (Wow that's a call back to something years old haha)
I...don't remember the rare pet thing? I must have missed it and I'm glad I did. Yikes.
Boven wrote:
It just gets tedious when people claim Horde biase because of a stupid mistake and followup decision by Blizzard. Blizzard screwed up, then made a not-so-great decision about it. It's not like they sat around a conference table wearing capes and top hats**, twirling handlebar mustaches and lauging evilly about how much it was going to piss off the Alliance. Yet, as often seems to happen, if something happens that benefits Horde members, it's Obvious Horde Bias. If it'd been the other way around, the people posting about bias would, I suspect, claim it gave them no big advantage and that it was no big deal.

It really can wear down some of us after a while.
No, they don't sit around a conference table. That's silly. They sit under the giant orc statue in front of their building. ;)
And it's coincidence that these design errors always tend to favor their favorite faction.

I take issue with you saying that if it had been the other way around, that I would claim it was no big deal. I think I was pretty clear that it would be a big deal either way. It would be extremely unfair to the Horde players and that isn't right.

I'm not saying that Horde bias is deliberate, but when the culture at the company clearly favors one faction, it's bound to have an effect, consciously or not. Maybe you don't notice it as much because you're Horde?

It can really wear down some of us after a while.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My main is alliance, and I think we're making a mountain out of a molehill here. No one, no one is going to care about this in a month.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's not just one thing but a bunch of things that, intentional or not, have been largely beneficial to the Horde, and has been going on for a long time.

On this post here on Reddit, there is a comment further down by Antimage that goes into the endgame PvP and PvE imbalance between Horde and Alliance.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Teigan wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
I...don't remember the rare pet thing? I must have missed it and I'm glad I did. Yikes.

It was mainly around WOTLK and Cata when they started re-using formally rare pet skins on common pets like the pink tallstrider for example. This forum had huge threads about it. It was dark times I tells ya!
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Sometimes I long for the days when the argument was that the devs favored alliance because of paladins, which was countered by no, they favor the horde because of shaman.

I get what Bovus is saying, certain parties who are howling the most/loudest about something being an unfair advantage for one faction, are the same individuals who would argue that said advantage was no big deal if that advantage was for the other faction (i.e. the faction they play). Not saying it's as highly prevalent here outside of the consistency of posting by a few members, but definitely something that is highly prevalent on the more "toxic" forums around the WoW universe. It's become the gaming equivalent of the "Thanks, Obama" memes.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:It's not just one thing but a bunch of things that, intentional or not, have been largely beneficial to the Horde, and has been going on for a long time.

On this post here on Reddit, there is a comment further down by Antimage that goes into the endgame PvP and PvE imbalance between Horde and Alliance.

Here, dug out his post specifically. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9 ... rs/e5wtkio
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Teigan wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:It's not just one thing but a bunch of things that, intentional or not, have been largely beneficial to the Horde, and has been going on for a long time.

Here, dug out his post specifically. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9 ... rs/e5wtkio
Thanks for finding it because I tried looking in the first post but I had to stop because the posters where getting on my nerves.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Teigan wrote:

I actually didn't realise how bad the mount discrepancy was til I saw this..https://imgur.com/a/tfKXnL9

I mean I usually have a horde each expansion to see what's happening and for the way better mounts they get (legion was the only exception where I didn't really bother) but I'll defiantly have to for this one. I don't mind a new horse or two but atleast give us a new saddle or something... :?

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

At least you can get the Hyena and tick mounts on Alliance. I did not realise that till the expack launched.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:At least you can get the Hyena and tick mounts on Alliance. I did not realise that till the expack launched.
Only if you are very lucky rng wise or have a buttload of gold on my server - I'm hoping later they will come down in price (Horde also get a horse and donkey too - yay you? LOL)

I've also just seen this on reddit - so Horde got to kill the rares twice more than alliance (comment by Xxpitstochesty about 1/4 down) and we have to wait till we control it again until we can farm them? That's BS if true! Not only the bias but the stupid long timegate...340 gear is already pretty redundant to me now so all I want is my one off 370 and to mount farm :/

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:At least you can get the Hyena and tick mounts on Alliance. I did not realise that till the expack launched.
Only if you are very lucky rng wise or have a buttload of gold on my server - I'm hoping later they will come down in price (Horde also get a horse and donkey too - yay you? LOL)

I've also just seen this on reddit - so Horde got to kill the rares twice more than alliance (comment by Xxpitstochesty about 1/4 down) and we have to wait till we control it again until we can farm them? That's BS if true! Not only the bias but the stupid long timegate...340 gear is already pretty redundant to me now so all I want is my one off 370 and to mount farm :/
If it makes you feel better I did not have any time to farm anything and then it was the Alliance's turn XD On Dath'remar Horde just got it last night.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sadly, it is true. The Horde are able to farm the rares again, but the Alliance cannot :/
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

At least it can't be faction dominated like other things. You could hardly ever use Wintergrasp and Tol Barad Horde side on Dath'remar in their expansions because the Alliance always had it. It was so annoying XD