Best talent on first row

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Best talent on first row

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Since animal companion has become at least to me a dps loss I decided to dump it and go with another one after reading the guide on wowhead they said go with killer instinct what do the rest of you think is killer instinct worth taking over dire beast because for the most part all I do is quest and world quests.

Thank you for the help.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Best talent on first row

Unread post by Teigan »

If you don't raid or do mythics, it really isn't going to matter. You could probably keep using Animal Companion, honestly. Killer Instinct is a better choice for most situations, though.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Teigan wrote:If you don't raid or do mythics, it really isn't going to matter. You could probably keep using Animal Companion, honestly. Killer Instinct is a better choice for most situations, though.
I agree. All my alt hunters run Animal Companion as they don't do anything beyond world content and at best, the occasional world boss. I just like having a second pet of my choosing.

Killer Instinct is the choice for raiding and mythic +. Dire Beast might be a choice as well if you feel AC is making things difficult for you, but you aren't doing content that really benefits from an execute-type talent.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Honestly, unless you push the higher M+ keys or raid mythics, just play how you feel most comfortable.

I'd even say you could use Animal Companion to +5 or a bit higher without much trouble. It's only when you start reaching 3 affixes where you'd have issues.