Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar »

Tome can be bought from the Order of the Cloud Serpents vendor and apparently they're serpents.

(Not my screenshot. From Thulnir on Wow Secret Finding Discord)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Makes sense. Unless it was a drop from something in Pandaria, it wouldn't make sense for it to be in the Shadowlands.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Shame it's not BoA. I don't want to grind that awful faction again.

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm exalted already. I don't remember doing it on my hunter since my main was my Warrior at the time, and he's exalted too...Oh well, that works.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Hopefully the grind won’t take too long, since it’s long before shadowlands, I can be impatient with taming cloud serpents now and get the rep before prepatch
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:51 pm Hopefully the grind won’t take too long, since it’s long before shadowlands, I can be impatient with taming cloud serpents now and get the rep before prepatch
Cloud Serpents will probably be tameable during pre-patch.

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I shouldn't be disappointed, we got undead pets.

But I am. I got really pumped for an Elekk. Then I saw they were tenacity and there's no news about being able to change pet specs yet.

I guess I can have an aggressive horse now? That's... something.
I don't wana sound ungrateful but they just becomes beasts I can't really use practically.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Looking through the list of cloud serpents on petopia's unobtainable page and Shadowlands' wowhead pages, there's almost none that are hostile and tameable. Noteworthy ones;
- Rei-Lun, heavenly blue rarespawn (HAHAHAHAHAHA)
- Azure Serpent, heavenly black spawned in Shado-Pan Temple by first boss
- Tsulong's shadow form in Terrace of Endless Springs
- Milau, a red thundering one found in Vale pre-invasion
- Alani, also a red thundering found in Vale
- Nalak, LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE due to more important reasons to visit him
- Huolon, as shown above. Also going to be nigh impossible due to better reasons to find it

Otherwise, the only reasonably tameable ones are red and black. No green at all because all green ones are friendly or non-tameable. Same with yellow and most blue.

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

This is a power combo.

I see this one causing a lot of conflict. Hopefully Jeremy will make an extra mob with the same skin so there won't be conflict like with Oondasta and Rukhmar.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m excited for everything added to the undead beasts, I wonder what will end up there
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

DannyGreen wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 pm I shouldn't be disappointed, we got undead pets.

But I am. I got really pumped for an Elekk. Then I saw they were tenacity and there's no news about being able to change pet specs yet.

I don't wana sound ungrateful but they just becomes beasts I can't really use practically.
I would hold off on disappointment, at least for now, it really sounded to me like they were reaching out for feedback on this, I could see that sort of rework taking longer, so pets might get something later down the line, it doesn't necessarily have to coincide with the taming pass!

It's possible they don't, I just got the impression they were asking for critique so they could make some changes this xpac.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WoWhead reveals that both Aqir Goliaths and Kunchong will be tameable in the Aqir family! That's amazing.

And I guess that means I can retire that signature, lol.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

AzureSerpent.png
AzureSerpent.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3011 times
The new families are in place on our pages. It's just none of the looks are flagged as tameable yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:06 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 pm I shouldn't be disappointed, we got undead pets.

I would hold off on disappointment, at least for now, it really sounded to me like they were reaching out for feedback on this, I could see that sort of rework taking longer, so pets might get something later down the line, it doesn't necessarily have to coincide with the taming pass!

It's possible they don't, I just got the impression they were asking for critique so they could make some changes this xpac.
THEN I'LL BE DISAPPOINTED AT NO SLIME PETS!

Though really, they could still add more pets. I just am keeping my expectations low after BFA
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

DannyGreen wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Though really, they could still add more pets. I just am keeping my expectations low after BFA
What slime pets would they even add? As far as I can recall, the only animal-like slime creature that has been added is a battle pet cat.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:17 pm

What slime pets would they even add? As far as I can recall, the only animal-like slime creature that has been added is a battle pet cat.
Well there was a slime mistakenly tameable as a croc that was tameable and became untameable in wrath, and I assume people want more slime looks, there’s a fuck ton of slime skins in wow, one day, we’ll have our own blob of awesomeness
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:16 pm AzureSerpent.png

The new families are in place on our pages. It's just none of the looks are flagged as tameable yet.
I can't describe how ecstatic I am already over this alone. I haven't been this excited over a future tame since Loque'nahak back in WotLK. I am just so so so happy over this one alone, and that's not even considering the other new families and stuff added.

Just.

I can't freaking WAIT!!!

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pm

The old slime that was labeled a crocalisk, Most of the ooze with the skeletons in them, or even the regular ones. there's lots of colors, lots of types. Skeletons in the slime means UNDEAD! Don't ruin the last little bit of hope I have.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Domestic Pigs are tameable as boars!
Skeletal raptors are tameable as raptors!
Kunchong, as mentioned, are tameable! I need those broken and bleeding models, someone check if Garalon retains its broken shell when tamed at low health!
Aqir Goliaths are also tameable as mentioned above. Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker is apparently tameable; a world boss pet nobody will be upset over!
Demon spiders are tameable as spiders! Hell, it's about time! Lucille is also tameable, from the Nazmir world quest; only named one.
Giraffes are tameable as stags! ALL of them!
Skeletal Wind Serpents are tameable as windserpents, with very few exceptions!

So many new things.

EDIT
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=15932/gluth
GLUTH IS TAMEABLE

My Flight Rising lair

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh, that’s so sick! I knew all of those things would be tameable, I need a cursed pig and a vuk’laz, and demon spiders are finally ready to be pets, I don’t know why they had to be demons when some were tameable in legion alpha/beta
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:30 pm Oh, that’s so sick! I knew all of those things would be tameable, I need a cursed pig and a vuk’laz, and demon spiders are finally ready to be pets, I don’t know why they had to be demons when some were tameable in legion alpha/beta
Because they are young versions of the Aranasi demons or of the Fal’dorei.