GS and Huntards

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

GS and Huntards

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I was on my Nesingwary hunter the other day, I had Skoll out when I suddenly recived a whisper from an unguilded lvl 80 troll HUNTER ..

Troll : Really rare pet and only 3.6 in gs
me : So?
Troll : lol
Troll : ur time i guess
at this point I was explaining to a fellow hunter how and where to find Skoll which said hunter had admired and asked about.
Apparently the troll had inspected me and checked my spec .. whispered me the following
Troll :beast mastery?
Troll :lol
Troll :wow
Troll :ur a true 80

at that point I just shrugged and ignored the idiot .. but it made me feel ashamed of the fact that this was another hunter .. gee wonder why he was unguilded hm?
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: GS and Huntards

Unread post by Teigan »

What a jerk.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Nefretiti wrote:I was on my Nesingwary hunter the other day, I had Skoll out when I suddenly recived a whisper from an unguilded lvl 80 troll HUNTER ..

at this point I was explaining to a fellow hunter how and where to find Skoll which said hunter had admired and asked about.
Apparently the troll had inspected me and checked my spec .. whispered me the following

at that point I just shrugged and ignored the idiot .. but it made me feel ashamed of the fact that this was another hunter .. gee wonder why he was unguilded hm?
I guess when people ding 80 they have to instantly have all hardmode raid achieves, all hc dungeon achieves and have 6k gs

I have also managed to get nearly a 5k gs score to boot too, rare camping or not be damned O_o so idk what he's getting on about there
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Sinn my nesingwary hunter has about 3600 gs .. mostly because I dont do many heroics with him, my main has 5k+ GS and im on Nesing to hang with friends and have fun .. but apparently to that idiot "true" 80 = gearobsessed with an unnamed wolf by ones side.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Nefretiti wrote:Sinn my nesingwary hunter has about 3600 gs .. mostly because I dont do many heroics with him, my main has 5k+ GS and im on Nesing to hang with friends and have fun .. but apparently to that idiot "true" 80 = gearobsessed with an unnamed wolf by ones side.
Well you can happily burst his bubble that Blizzard evidently are in process of breaking Gear Score :)
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

He was correct on one thing. It is your time. You play how you want to play, not how anyone else thinks you should play. It's a free WoW world, do with it as you will and don't let anyone tell you differently.

I was on line and in g-chat when this un-guilded fool incident came up and it really irks me when other players do this. Do we got to them and say stuff along the lines of, "Oh hey, a gearscore like that, all that armor, and a wolf with no name. Lols, you must have like no outside life! lols."

He has no guild. I don't wonder why. The player came off as an idiot. A jerk. Another hunter's time is none of his business. What pet another chooses to get is also none of his business. I say to the abyss with ilk such as him.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

well tbh there is a point where a hunter should step up and give a fellow advice.

When he's full BM with non of the DPSing talents, has a worm named Worm and isn't even hitting TBW on bosses nor using the correct gear.

I've seen it scarily >_<
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I REFUSE to use GS app. I have no F^&#in clue what score i have and IDK to know. I know i got all the cool icc buy with emblems crap and i got my hommie Wraith, Mosh, or Raiden by my side. Screw haters man.
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Again, it seems to be all about that MM/Survival-is-better-than-BM crap. Sure, we get less gs but who cares. Even we can prosper just as much as anyone else. The best weapon is always something you have the most knowledge in, and if some idiot tries to make you think differently because they are used to the other spec, don't fall for it. They got their own opinions, which is fine, but they should not change others to what they believe in and they should not be so rude about it either. I say, come as they are, I pity those hunters that are not in guilds, although, umm, all my hunters are currently guildless.
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Eh, best to just laugh and ignore losers like that. I don't see how there's even an issue if you're just minding your own business in a city. Probably jealous of your Skoll ;)

Had a similar experience just chilling in Org one day with my Arcturis out. Mind you, BM is my off-spec, because I prefer and play as Surv 90% of the time, but anywho. Another hunter comes up to me and laughs and continues to call me a noob just for being BM. Who knows, they're just jerks.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Gear is only a tool to progress in end game. (except sexy gears for rp)

Many people need to realize this.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

You dont recognize a good hunter(or other classe) on his gear but on his skills.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I've had so many people give me crap for being BM. Not as many as I'd have expected, but still. And I don't use GS, on principle.

"I don't use GearScore" actually gets me invites more often than not; people are generally willing to inspect instead. But then once we're inside, there comes the invariable "Lol BM??" or "Erm, PvE spec please," or even "We don't like boosting BM" once in a guildrun (not my guild). And I always come out in the top 4 dps in 25-mans. Always. Usually well above the other hunters.

Next time someone gives you trouble, just tell him, "I don't have a high GearScore because I fail at life, clearly. You must be some kind of god. Thank you for noticing my measly existence sir." Or, if you don't like the sarcasm, a simple "Is my gear bothering you?," "I just dinged 80," or "My other pet is a Porsche" would work.
Noor
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Noor »

Nefretiti wrote:I was on my Nesingwary hunter the other day, I had Skoll out when I suddenly recived a whisper from an unguilded lvl 80 troll HUNTER ..

Ummm... How are you going to have Skoll unless you are Beast mastery specced? :roll:
Noor, Level 80 Blood Elf Hunter
And a few other characters