Is it safe?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Is it safe?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I think by now Blizzard knows about this and we have been through so many patches and restarts it could have been fixed but still I am wary I have not said anything on the official WOW forums I have this but is it worth hiding now. If Blizzard really wanted to fuck us hunters over as they have done before they would have removed these guys already and altered the 23 rep but so far nothing.

As soon as I hit 23 and learned the book I went and grabbed my two yes only taking two save for others hoping this remains yet scared because this is something as a hunter I feel we need like a challenge tame get to 23 rep and go tame some cute foal.

Am I crazy or what is it safe to share my foals with Azeroth?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Is it safe?

Unread post by Wain »

Blizzard is already aware these foals exist, so there's probably not much point hiding. I imagine they'll be removed from tameability at some point, but clearly the devs aren't in any hurry to do so. Hell, I'll tame a pair myself when I finally get the rep on my hunter (I got rep on my shaman first, thinking I'd automatically get tame skill on my hunter. Was hugely disappointed :P )
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Wain wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:26 am Blizzard is already aware these foals exist, so there's probably not much point hiding. I imagine they'll be removed from tameability at some point, but clearly the devs aren't in any hurry to do so. Hell, I'll tame a pair myself when I finally get the rep on my hunter (I got rep on my shaman first, thinking I'd automatically get tame skill on my hunter. Was hugely disappointed :P )
Thank you for the answer if I could upvote you I so would since Blizzard knows this is going on one of three things can happen.

1) They do nothing which is what I am hoping for and allow more hunters who want these to tame them.
2) They fix this where no one else can tame them but allow those who did to keep theirs something I am ok with.
3) They not only fix this but remove the pets like they did with #puppygate granted puppygate was a glitch we weren't meant to really be there which is why I am over it but #foalgate is real they are in the open world and any hunter level 23 can fly by hit tame beast and bam new pet.

1 and 2 I am ok with but if they do a #puppygate again removing our pets I am gone already cancelled my sub over the world quest debacle, playing on borrowed time now, if they turn #foalgate into #puppygate I am gone us hunters are getting screwed over many times either losing abilities or pets.

Blizzard leaves this alone and everything will be alright.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As Wain said in another post, no other class gets nearly as much cosmetic attention as Hunters do. Pets, in the end, are cosmetics, and Blizz is under no obligation to have added as many families as they have or to listen to requests on new additions. They easily could've just done with us what has been done with Warlocks, DKs, and Mages and have us have set pets that we cannot change outside of glyphs. If a pet is tameable that wasn't supposed to be tameable, then it is entirely within Blizz's right on whether or not to remove or change it, especially if that pet was obtained via exploits.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:49 pm As Wain said in another post, no other class gets nearly as much cosmetic attention as Hunters do. Pets, in the end, are cosmetics, and Blizz is under no obligation to have added as many families as they have or to listen to requests on new additions. They easily could've just done with us what has been done with Warlocks, DKs, and Mages and have us have set pets that we cannot change outside of glyphs. If a pet is tameable that wasn't supposed to be tameable, then it is entirely within Blizz's right on whether or not to remove or change it, especially if that pet was obtained via exploits.
On retail, hunter pets are mostly cosmetic now, but, before they merged families, abilities and attack speeds, each one was pretty different. On classic, hunter pets aren't just visual, take example from Broken Tooth, and thus they had a bigger value for the player. Blizzard shouldn't remove them entirely, which means changing the taming table itself and deleting the pet from those who have it, since it gives no advantages outside a different model/texture/effect, at least on retail. I'm fine when they remove the IDs from the taming table and delete things like the "campfire" pet and other ones that actually influenced the gameplay, but anything else is a bit excessive in my opinion.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yes, I remember how things were in the first couple of xpacs. What I'm getting at is Blizz adding additional families wasn't at all necessary, let alone going out of their way to do taming passes and to make additions based on community requests. Nothing required them to make Nether Rays, Devilsaurs, Blood Beasts, etc. tameable.