Skarr

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
transi
Realm: Frostmourne

Skarr

Unread post by transi »

Hi all ,
Just wondering has anyone recently tamed Skarr ?

Link : https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=50815

Been sitting in the two area's he spawns over the past two weeks but have yet to see it pop up .
I have one already just wanted a extra /

Thanks !
Zetsoban

Re: Skarr

Unread post by Zetsoban »

I tamed him during shadowlands last year, expecting to find him quickly because it's on old zone. Took quite a while to find him, guess that's not any different in DF. Warmode might help!
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Skarr isn't up on zone start, and it's likely there's no one frequenting that area to keep it running.

There's an add-on called NPC Time to show npc uptime, which can be useful to understand if the zones just loaded or not.
transi
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by transi »

hmm ok , it just feels like the two area's he usually spawns feels like it's either not spawning or someone is really camping it hard which i can't imagine as i literally never see anyone here =(
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Like I said, if no one has been there for a while the zone will go into an unloaded state. By using the NPC Time addon you can see just how long the zone has been loaded. If everything looks like ~20 seconds when you login, chances are you triggered the restart of the zone - and now have to wait hours for the rares to load in.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

transi wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:54 am hmm ok , it just feels like the two area's he usually spawns feels like it's either not spawning or someone is really camping it hard which i can't imagine as i literally never see anyone here =(
To further clarify,

For whatever reason if there is nobody in that zone for more than 15 minutes all the rares reset.

So what that means is if you want Skarr you will have to sit there (not log out to another toon, etc) for around 3-4 hours for Skarr and/or the Crab to show up.

A while back (i have another post on this somewhere on here) i sat for 9 hours and in that time all of the rares including Deth'tilac showed up. The crab spawned twice first and then Skarr did.

NOW, fast forward to present day and i was sitting in that zone for 4 hours and Deth'tilac and the rest of the rares spawned. Cant remember if Skarr or the crab were up at the time.

But the important thing is if the zone does not constantly have people participating in it than the spawns will reset until someone actively sits in there for more than 15 minutes. Do keep in mind again you cannot leave because if you do for more than 15 minutes they will reset again and you will have to start over.