Warthin Hero Talents

Discuss the next expansion, and the two subsequent chapters of the Worldsoul Saga.
ApiBiru

Warthin Hero Talents

Unread post by ApiBiru »

My prediction for Hunters

Marship will get Dark Ranger and Sentinel.

Sval will get Sentinel and Pack Leader.

Bestry will get Pack Leader and Dark Ranger.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Warthin Hero Talents

Unread post by worgpower »

Those are good predictions, sentinels are ranged so they belong in MM and BM that makes sense. As for dark ranger, they make more sense in MM and survival since they are less pet focused, I’m still unsure if dark rangers can even be melee, hopefully black arrow returns on this tree for survival hunters. And pack leader is obviously BM and sv
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I agree with OP's speculation.

I'm confident that Pack Leader will go to BM and SV, they are the two pet focused specs and while MM can still use a pet, it's the only spec that doesn't *require* one and Pack Leader sounds clearly themed around a pack of beasts.

Sentinel meanwhile brings to mind the classic archetype of something like a Night Elf Sentinel to me, who are seen using glaives and melee weapons while they hunt alongside their companion. I see this going to MM and SV. MM because of the hunter/huntress aspect, and SV because it makes sense as the counterpart of a tracker, a watcher - a sentinel.

And finally I feel that MM and BM make the most sense for Dark Ranger. MM speaks for itself I think, as Dark Rangers are iconically bow users, and this also fits with BM. Another point for these two specs is that MM and BM both inherited the 'Wailing Arrow' ability in their talent trees - the iconic ability from Sylvanas Windrunner which was originally something that came with her legendary bow in Shadowlands. Dark Rangers are seen with spiders as pets and companions, and Nathanos has his pair of hounds which would fit with BM's ability to have two pets out. I also just struggle to see SV fitting the Dark Ranger theme, they use 2H weapons and something like a big clunky polearm or spear doesn't fit the -Ranger- theme at all. While it's true some Dark Rangers have given off a pseudo-rogue vibe with daggers or shortswords, not being able to dual wield as SV takes away that image for me. And I also don't see the spec itself which throws cluster bombs and gets up in melee to be a match at all.

Anyways, those are my hopes and I can't wait to see more details on the hero talents soon!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I'm curious what these new things actually are. Is it new skills or is it all just flat improvement of skills already in the game. I was looking at the druid preview, shit was a little underwhelming just things like +% damage.

I am curious about pack leader though. Imagine if they just casually slipped in the ability for exotics in there. They won't... but let me huff my copium.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

DannyGreen wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:52 pm I'm curious what these new things actually are. Is it new skills or is it all just flat improvement of skills already in the game. I was looking at the druid preview, shit was a little underwhelming just things like +% damage.

I am curious about pack leader though. Imagine if they just casually slipped in the ability for exotics in there. They won't... but let me huff my copium.
They said some will be new skills, but that they're actively paying attention to button bloat, as they know some specs are already bloated as is.

They also said they'd be altering base talents like usual, so I assume Wailing Arrow will be leaving the BM/MM tree and get added to the Dark Ranger tree, for instance.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I feel like you can add new talents without bloating buttons. Have evolved skills. Like how raptor strike becomes mongoose strike. I feel like bloodletting (i think that's the name) Should probably just be a passive that sticks on kill command.
Caltrops could easily be an upgrade to tar trap. These skills being like skill evolution instead of just. "Kill command does 10% bonus damage"
But I get you with some classes having to many buttons to fit into a rotation. I say playing Assassination rogue.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

DannyGreen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:08 am
Caltrops could easily be an upgrade to tar trap.
This would add a button in our rotation, which is the definition of Button Bloat. :P
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope a workaround will happen so most hero specializations have at least one or two active abilities. But examples like dark ranger could have shadow related procs, like shooting a shadowy arrow or having returning active abilities like black arrow. Some could have replacer abilities. Maybe for sentinel hero spec, they could have a chance to throw glaives or wielding new weapon types on a spec
ApiBiru

Unread post by ApiBiru »

worgpower wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 pm I hope a workaround will happen so most hero specializations have at least one or two active abilities. But examples like dark ranger could have shadow related procs, like shooting a shadowy arrow or having returning active abilities like black arrow. Some could have replacer abilities. Maybe for sentinel hero spec, they could have a chance to throw glaives or wielding new weapon types on a spec
I want Pack Leader to have a talent where our pet would have all three of the passive abilities; leech, extra hp and speed, regardless of their family.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ApiBiru wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:19 am
worgpower wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 pm I hope a workaround will happen so most hero specializations have at least one or two active abilities. But examples like dark ranger could have shadow related procs, like shooting a shadowy arrow or having returning active abilities like black arrow. Some could have replacer abilities. Maybe for sentinel hero spec, they could have a chance to throw glaives or wielding new weapon types on a spec
I want Pack Leader to have a talent where our pet would have all three of the passive abilities; leech, extra hp and speed, regardless of their family.
Yes I hope that happens, if our pets have all the passives, I dont mind the command pet abilities since I usually don’t need them. The Leech passive and the health increase passive will make Hunter more powerful. If this feature gets added, it’ll make tenacity better than ferocity in solo content, because of fortitude’s heal and health increase
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I am hoping that sentinel will bring in something to maybe give MM a way to have a pet viable. I don't think at this point Blizzard ever plans on giving MM pet use outside of the pets family ability but there's just that small part of me that would still like to do it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg (149.43 KiB) Viewed 13253 times
whoever predicted this is 100% correct, just checked out the dark ranger talents, it looks so fun, black arrow and dark hounds came back let’s gooo
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Sentinel actually looks fun. Much more fun than Dark Ranger to me.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I gotta say something about pack leader, I love it, but I wish it had more temporary summons than just a CD button. Why call it pack leader if your not going to summon a lot of beasts, this is pretty good on BM, but on SV, it isn’t as oriented to summoning pets as, but the attacks look fun regardless
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm still bummed out that pack leader is so ..boring. Yeah it might have good dps and that's nice, but it still looks like it's going to be 'The spec that ISN'T Dark Ranger' unless Sentinel is equally visually dull.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I noticed the hero specs for hunter uses a different type of magic in their spells
Pack Leader - physical/pet damage
Dark Ranger - shadow damage
Sentinel - arcane damage
I expected sentinel to have death Chakram and throwing glaives at targets but it’s more about sentinel with the owl, tyrande style
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

As a Sv, I have Pack leader and sentinel to choose from. Gonna go pack leader cos at least that fits my class fantasy a little more.

What the fuck is sentinel even? Random arcane magic bullshit. So if you're a dwarf hunter you have the options, Do you want to be Tyrande, Sylvanas or have a stronger dog.
The aesthetic of these are way out of wack. Dont get me wrong, I see dark ranger over there, I recognise that. But it's still wonk.

Sentinel should get completely gutted and removed. I don't care how far along it is, scrap it. Trash it. Destroy it.
Replace it with something based on nesingwary.
Gun focus, tinker focus. Dots and traps. Less focus on the pets more focus on the gunpowder side of things.
Caltrops, hunters mark, bleed dots, high crit focus for the "perfect shot"

This feels more like an arcane mage tree.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

While the fantasy of Dark Ranger and Sentinel look cool, I don’t see how other races would fit using them, like for example an orc which I main would look weird using sylvanas abilities and tyrande abilities. Sentinel is great for night elf and nightborne, and dark ranger is great for all elves that have the dark ranger customization and undead/forsaken. Many of the other class hero trees fit with almost all races while many others also don’t fit with a majority, but hunter takes the cake for being too race central and not super neutral. Pack leader is the most normal hero spec that would fit with any and all hunters, hunters have become too elf centric, I agree there should of been a hero spec specializing in your type of weapon like guns doing more damage, but bows hitting faster, and also a trap/dot spec would make hunter feel, hunter feel hunter again, a spec with different traps would of been fun. I have no big problem with the specs, I made and leveled a dark ranger BM character for dark ranger hero talents, and I’m soon going to level a arcane elf centric race survival hunter during pandemonium to have a sentinel
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Absolutely, if you're an elf, you're eating good as a hunter. Even forsaken get 1.
I think pack leader is universal enough because it doesnt seem to tie to Rexxar or anything it's just, super pets.
I'm an orc though so, I kinda feel like I didn't get any fantasy Except for shaman I guess. The perfect chance to add blademaster, just sayin.

I feel like it's Shadowlands all over again, where my fat smelly ugly copse covered Orc, wielding a two hander made of bones has to join the night fae because it's bis by miles.
If I have to be a bloody arcane mage to be bis, I'm probably just going to full time my warrior and focus more on battlepets.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wish the hero talent trees had more replacement active abilities, Hellcaller warlock and frostfire mage win on that department. It’s mostly passives and procs which can be a little more difficult to feel more aligned with the talent trees. Passives are great if they happen frequently and have a huge impact, while dark ranger has black arrow as a new ability, it would of been better for it to replace cobra shot and aimed shot because current hunters already feel bloated since some recommended talents are active and it can be quite annoying, especially people like me who have UI similar to the old one, I hope many active hunter talents will be either baseline, or more optional so we can choose whether to use an ability or not