The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Discuss the next expansion, and the two subsequent chapters of the Worldsoul Saga.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Re: The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Unread post by Lee »

Vephriel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm It sounds like the Mudskippers will be tameable too! :)

https://twitter.com/SarahCotner/status/ ... 5570228379
This is everything I have ever needed in my life.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It was already in the database that they were tameable (as toads, oddly enough), but having confirmation that they are intended to be tamed makes me happy.
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

I'm really hoping for the "cloud" gryphons to be tameable!!
Tahchi

Unread post by Tahchi »

Honestly, without an overhaul of the pet system and restoring the ability for us to choose the spec for our pets, the vast majority of tames is null and void.
I really really hope Blizzard is finally going to do something about this.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

This is the first expansion that I haven’t seen any huge and bulky tameable beasts. Ferocity currently is lacking new looks but the whip scorpion spiders look awesome, I also want a little nerubian spider too. I gave up hope on pet spec changes, but more ferocity families would be great
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The largest thing (that people have shown being tamed so far, at least) is the unicorn, but we all knew that thing would be large since it's a horse that was hit with the ugly shovel a few times. I'm sure the big boys are hiding underground in future tests.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

One thing that may be interesting to check out is the new Arachnophobia filter that turns spiders into crabs (and Nerubians into Makrura).

Could be interesting to see if it A: Effects hunter pets and B: Which crab you get from which spider.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I would assume they're covering hunter pets. Would be funny if they missed a spider and someone freaked out over it. That'll be something to keep an eye out for when more of us can actually play the alpha/beta.

I wonder how many people are not actually testing content, and are just tourists who think they're just playing early. There were so many of those in DF alpha/beta.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Crazy enough to say, many people did play Wow alphas and betas for fun. When I played on DF alpha/beta it was mostly hunter pet testing and evoker testing, but sometimes casually played with dragonriding. Once I get into the war within alpha/beta, I’ll probably test hunter pets like always, and probably test the earthen race and racials, I’ll mostly try keeping it casual like playing around with sky riding, maybe come up with some new tricks with Druid forms and try not to get spoiled too much from the story
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

As much as I'm looking forward to all of these pets, I feel in the end, I would mostly use a Ferocity pet anyway due to the leech passive. I wish all of BM pets get all of the passives. In fact, I think I would make a great feature of the Pack Leader talent.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Don’t forget SV hunters, as a SV main I also don’t want to be stuck using a ferocity pet, I’ve tamed almost 100 pets and I mostly use only 5-10 ferocity pets in my stable. If I decided to use a pet from tenacity or cunning I would feel uncomfortable running around with them
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Im curious what older things are tameable. It's 2 expansions now, that means bfa stuff right? ZOMBIE GORILLA?!
worgpower wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:47 pm I’ve tamed almost 100 pets and I mostly use only 5-10 ferocity pets in my stable. If I decided to use a pet from tenacity or cunning I would feel uncomfortable running around with them
pop wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:18 am I wish all of BM pets get all of the passives. In fact, I think I would make a great feature of the Pack Leader talent.

It's so sad that this is the default state.
But they refuse to change their mind on this.
I legit think having Pack leader talent should absolutely add it to the vicious hunt ability.
It's already such a passive tree. Or even if they HAVE to keep a specific family and won't let you change them. Make the bonus pet slot in your stables give you their passive effect even if you're not bm. So you could always keep a ferocity pet there while using any other pet.

I've never seen a good argument for why pets need to be this way. Only weak excuses.

My pet list as a bm is.
Ferocity croc, ferocity tallstrider, ferocity dragon, ferocity bird, cunning raptor for movement bonus in raids.
I want to use my zombie pig. I want to use a raptor outside it's movement. I want to use a cool gryphon, or a blood beast, or the pets I spent hours camping for in older expansions. I don't think my poor Direhorn has seen the light of day in half a decade.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

I remember starting in MoP when you could spec your pet.

God, I miss those days.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Please don't be a basalisk like wowhead says. Please be a crocalisk, please please please please please please please.
I need a update for my croc i've had since cata.

Side note, Basalisk models tent to have axe tails or plated tails. Where as Crocalisk use spiked tails. I'm hoping CMON!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Most likely a crocolisk since it barely resembles a basilisk, except for the legs of course, I’ve seen many crocodiles in my life and that is 1000% a crocolisks
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Crocolisks deserve a new model, and this one looks so good. Shame the coin texture is baked on, but there's hope at least!
BunnyHarvestman
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by BunnyHarvestman »

I would like to remind people we still have yet can tame Otiosen.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=183746/otiosen
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

That green Whipscorpion is EVERYTHING. I really hope they're tameable. 💚
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

BunnyHarvestman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:25 pm I would like to remind people we still have yet can tame Otiosen.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=183746/otiosen
It would make a fine addition in the lizard family with their salamanther descendants, I hope there will be a tameable creature with this model, I’m a fan of the felbat rig and we never had a tameable beast with it
IMG_4099.jpeg
IMG_4099.jpeg (125.32 KiB) Viewed 254 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Found this over on Wain's Twitter. WANT.
Attachments
GMF2tTPasAAQiT6.jpg
GMF2tTPasAAQiT6.jpg (162.13 KiB) Viewed 198 times