OMG! Is that a slime!?!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OMG! Is that a slime!?!

Unread post by Mania »

Ryno wrote:What about an anime with slime?
Please, no tentacle pr0n here!

Back on topic ... ;)

I have a slime also, and yes, he gets a lot of attention. When I was actively doing Argent Tournament dailies, more or less at the same time every day, I became 'that orc with the slime'. These days I tend to dismiss him when I go through cities, unless I feel like answering a lot of tells. (I don't mind answering, but it always makes me feel bad when I have to explain to young hunters why they can't have a slime for themselves.)

I love my slime's animations, especially when he dashes ("Slime ... AWAY!") and his death explosion. I love his low form factor -- he never gets in my way. And I love the fact that he nearly matches my orcish skin tone.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

mania i had to make an information macro for my spirit bear cuz i get so many tells just make one that says /r(insert information here) and you should be good :D
Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Gacheru »

Zangor wrote:mania i had to make an information macro for my spirit bear cuz i get so many tells just make one that says /r(insert information here) and you should be good :D
My brother told me to do that, but I meet so many nice people when chatting about my slime that I just can't macro it. It's so impersonal. I can understand why people would, though. It can get a little cumbersome.

Gacheru
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zangor wrote:mania i had to make an information macro for my spirit bear cuz i get so many tells just make one that says /r(insert information here) and you should be good :D
I've been half-tempted to do that myself; even my dear King Krush never got as much attention as my sweet Arcturis! :lol: And yet, Krush was the FAR harder camp/tame.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Mania wrote:
Ryno wrote:What about an anime with slime?
Please, no tentacle pr0n here!
I really didn't mean that... but when I think back on it, I probably would have said that anyway...

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Does anyone have one of those beautiful black warpies? I was one day late on getting mine...was so mad, but it took me that long to collect and actually have her called forth with them being random she "spawned" for me the day they made her not tameable...felt like opening a ticket but knew it wouldnt do me any good.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

lilaughingwolf wrote: I was one day late on getting mine...was so mad, but it took me that long to collect and actually have her called forth with them being random she "spawned" for me the day they made her not tameable...felt like opening a ticket but knew it wouldnt do me any good.
That's horrible. :cry:
lilaughingwolf wrote:Does anyone have one of those beautiful black warpies?
My sig has a pic of mine I took one day, when I noticed how involved she was with the stable master's pet.

Doglover1335
Realm: The Sckryers

Unread post by Doglover1335 »

Well blizz just sucks like that :[
Aspect of the Adected.
lita
Realm: auchindoun

Unread post by lita »

Im the proud owner a slime named slimer. I had the hydra but the noise was so annoying i let it go & never tamed the ghost croc just b/c Im not a big fan of the croc looks lol. I had my account hacked recently & the hacker moved my hunter to a different realm which made me afraid of losing my slime pet but I got her & my slime back thankfully & the gm told me I was the only hunter on the auchindoun server with the slime pet. I have seen 2 other hunters with the hydra pets tho.
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Was lucky enough to get my crocoslime SnotRocket on the same day I tamed Loq. When he's out he certainly generates a lot of interest since I believe only one other hunter still has him on Llane.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I've still got my slime though I've been considering dropping him.

Right now I'm keeping him though. "Snotty" on Sha'Halo

Troo
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Troo »

I was just wondering if anyone had every attempted to contact Blizzard to see if character to character pet transfer would ever be allowed...

I started another hunter on my main account today (same realm) and plan on leveling it up to 80 with the hope that someday I can talk them into moving my ooze and hydra to the new hunter, thereby opening up stable slots on my main.

I don't really have any hope they'll allow it, but I can dream. :)
tzivya
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by tzivya »

I have a slime named Phlegmy. I had to add the Y cause Phlegm is restricted. ;)
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

I have both the slime and Hydra, and use them all the time in raids :) I just love them

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Rottingham wrote:I have both the slime and Hydra, and use them all the time in raids :) I just love them
That must make Heigan feel pretty bad.

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

snatched a Hydra, named it MeThree.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so