Boktor and Tusk are back! (Part 7 out now!)

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Part 7

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Part 7

Boktor and Shoya’Jin thanked Boorand for the drink and the help and went over to the orc woman that has been indicated by the innkeeper. She was talking to a young blood elf, who was proudly showing her some paws . Sergra nodded and clapped the blood elf’s shoulder. Then she looked at the two hunters.
“Well, you seem like two promising young fellows who were sent here to help by Kargal, right?”
They both nodded.
“Very good. Hand me your recruitment letters, then.”
She unfolded their letters and barely scanned them, only checking Kargals signature. She nodded and put them in her pocket.
“Fine, so you are ready to help out on some issues around here?”
They both nodded again.
“Have you lost your tongues on your way over?”
They both shook their heads.
Sergra sighed. “What seems to be the problem then?”
Boktor swallowed. “No problem, ma’am. We’re just… I mean… This is the first time we are sent on real duty, I guess.”
“Me friend be sayin’ da truth, mon... uhm… ma’am.” agreed Shoya’Jin.
Sergra smiled. “Relax, people! I’m not going to breath fire or eat your pets in the night. Actually, I’m pretty glad you’re here. Some of the people here have complaint about various problems. Maybe you can go and help them. As for me, I’m told to hone your hunter skills a little, before I send you off. So, I’d say, you might go out and bring me some beaks from the tallstriders around Crossroads. They are getting more and more, so we should weed out some of them. Ask some of the other people here if they need help. Alright?”
“Yes, ma’am.” they said in unison.
After a few seconds, Sergra clapped her hands. “Then off you go!”
“Yes, ma’am.” They said in unison again and turned on their heels and went to an orc, who stood near the entrance of the towns’ tavern.
“Hello, me name be Shoya’Jin. Dis be me friend Boktor. Ova dere be Nura an’ Tusk, who be our companion, mon. Dis lady ova dere be sayin’ we be askin’ ‘roun’ fo peepal who be needin’ some help. You be needin’ some help, mon?”
“Then welcome to Crossroads, Shoya’Jin, Boktor, Nura and Tusk.” he laughed. “My name is Gazrog. And yes, actually, there is something you could help me with. You probably noticed the raptors that roam the Barrens.”
“Yes,” laughed Boktor, “we’ve met one and my friend here scared him away.”
“Scared him away?” Gazrog gave a hearty laugh. “You really think you scared him away? Ha! Those beasts are clever. Really clever. He probably weighed his chance against the two of you and your companions over there and decided that today is not a good day to die.” Gazrog shook his head in disbelief. “Scared him away, seriously…”
Shoya’Jin and Boktor looked at each other. Clever? Weighing his chance? They both swallowed hard but didn’t say a word.
“Anyway,” said Gazrog, “you asked if I need help and, spirits have mercy, I do. Good thing you know how to scare raptors away because that is exactly my problem: raptors. They ambushed some people and stole all the silver. We need to show them that we won’t tolerate this. So you’d be helping a lot if you just go out there and kill some of them. Bring me their heads, so I can put them on spears around Crossroads and they will know what we think of them. If you could find the silver and bring it back, that would be very good.”
“Wait a minute,” said Boktor, “are you trying to tell us that raptors have stolen silver? What are they doing with silver?”
“I don’t know and, to be fairly honest, I don’t want to know. All I want is that silver back.”
“Me be thinkin’ ya be pullin' me leg, mon. Rapta stealin’ silver.”
“Do 16 shiny silver coins as a reward sound like pulling legs too?”
“Whoa, mon! Dere be a reward? Why ya no be sayin so in da beginnin’?” Shoya’Jin grabbed Boktors arm and dragged him along. “We be killin’ some rapta, mon!”

to be continued...
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Boktor and Tusk are back! (Part 7 out now!)

To all (if any) the fans of Boktor & Shoya'Jin out there:

It'll probably take some time before I can get back to writing.

Hope you don't mind.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Did we hit writer's block at the same time? xD

No worries, I'll await the next installment patiently. :D
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Karathyriel wrote:To all (if any) the fans of Boktor & Shoya'Jin out there:

It'll probably take some time before I can get back to writing.

Hope you don't mind.
Aww... :(
Did I creep you out too much? I can be less creepy if it makes you write again...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Saturo wrote:Did I creep you out too much?
  • Nightmare On Elm Street series
  • Friday 13th series
  • SAW series
  • Cabin Fever
  • Dead Snow
  • Helloween series
  • Star Trek
  • Star Wars Episode 1 - 3
  • Alien series
  • Alien VS Predator movies
  • german comedians
  • 6 weeks on a diet
  • Spaghetti with gravy
None of the above could creep me out.
How do you think you could? :twisted:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ooh, we share a taste in movies! :)
It's doubtful... But if I get some pyrotechnic equipement, I think I can do it! :P

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

We share a taste in movies?

I don't like all the listed movies (hence "creep me out"). Which if those did you mean?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

You confuse me now. Why would they have to creep you out to be good?

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It depends on the type of movie.

If a scary movie is good, it creeps me out. If not, it doesn't.
All other movies creep me out when they are bad and wouldn't if they were good.

Right? ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, most of those movies are good IMO, except for AvP and comedians... And the new Star Wars. Decent movies, but not up to par with the old ones.

Well, you watch that kind of movie anyway, like I do. We must share some taste in it then...

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

QFT! ;)

I'm a big fan of scary movies with Jason Vorhees being the coolest of them all. :headbang:
Cabin fever gave me the creeps but just because it was so stupid. Dead Snow was something I enjoyed, as it was that absolute crazy idea of Nazizombies combined with silly humor and incredibly bloody violence. Did remind me of Braindead a little somehow.
I absolutely enjoyed the SAW series but they only were cool because the storylines are so heavily entangled.

I do like Star Wars a lot, just Episode 1 was, in my opinion, an epic fail. Star Trek, on the other hand, is in my opinion just crap. I didn't like the old series, I don't like the new one and neither do I enjoy any of the spinoffs.
Alien went downhill with each movie, leaving the first and second as the best of the series. AvP was a nice idea but turned out crap after Hollywood had it in their claws.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Pretty muchmy opinions as well.

As for Død snø (Dead snow), it's one of the few zombie movies I enjoy. The only thing worse than nazis is nazizombies, you know... The ones by Romero are probably the only other ones I enjoy as well. Plus, having the heroes be incredibly unskilled in throwing molotov cocktails is a new and fun idea as well. I started laughing while drinking coke. Not a good combination. :D

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

To bad you're half a continent away, we could go see some violent movies together otherwise.

If you'd have a mind going to the movies with ugly, old, ancient german guys, that is... ;) :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Karathyriel wrote:To bad you're half a continent away, we could go see some violent movies together otherwise.

If you'd have a mind going to the movies with ugly, old, ancient german guys, that is... ;) :lol:
You know, I'd go with you on that. Tough you'd probably look like my dad or something... :/
That would be embarrassing for both of us. xD

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

:lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Wanna' come too Veph? I think you flying down there is about as fast as me taking a ferry...

Kara, perhaps you can clear this question up:
Do Germans really dub ALL foreign movies? I heard that it was so, but I'm doubtful... Isn't it better to just subtitle them and watch them "as they were meant to be", so as to say?

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yes, germans dub almost all movies.

It still is very common to speak fluent english around here and subtitles are considered rather disturbing.
I don't like subtitles myself but I have no problem understanding the english version of any given movie.
You probably can't imagine but it is very comfortable to have the movies dubbed. Makes watching and following the story very easy.

Yeah, Veph, come too!
I'd get you that ice cream I owe you! ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Hmm... We Swedes don't dub our movies, virtually everyone speaks English well wnough anyway. Swedish movies however are disturbing for me. I'm simply better at understanding English. xD And how can you find subtitles more disturbing than all the jokes destroyed in the translation, without being given the option to just hear them in the original language?

Plus, the overall quality of our movies ain't so great.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Don't forget that there are more than just one country that speaks german, so dubbing might as well be a matter of cost and gain.

Sure, there might be some jokes that can't be translated but most of the time, they actually can do something that fits. And believe it or not, there have been rather lame movies that got hilarious when they "saved" it with the german translation that simply had the better jokes.

I always have to smile when I think about Arnold Schwarzenegger. He is from Austria, so he speaks german. But he has such a funny sounding and heavy accent that he needs to be dubbed for the german version while they use his original voice in the english version. :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

True, some things are better when dubbed, but most of the time it just sounds weird to me... Like a family movie they dubbed to Swedish. The skinny, short guy has a voice that is more fitting to some kind of huge mutant monster... IT kind of messed up the movie. :D