What is your opinion on exotic pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gnomemor
Realm: Lethon US

Re: What is your opinion on exotic pets?

Unread post by Gnomemor »

I have a quick comment on rare elites (such as Loque, Gondria, Skoll, and the new Arcturius)...I feel that these tames usually take a serious investment of ingame time that they should have accentuated stats that make a BM that tames them have an edge (albeit a small one) over a BM hunter with an elite pet. It can sometimes take weeks to tame one of these bad boys and there should be a benefit to that time spent other than just the occasional "cool pet" from other players. I find it weak that the best raid pet right now is a wolf...if the stats on Skoll were bumped up, every raiding BM would be camping up in the Storm Peaks to try to tame him (as I believe should really be the case). Maybe give the rare spawns (2) special abilities instead of just (1)?
wyndigo
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by wyndigo »

Blizzard isn't going to make the Spirit Beasts better than other exotics, I'm afraid. There's usually suggestions to do so and their response is usually "we don't want them to be the only choice for BM hunters since speccing BM should give a player more choices for pets (ideally) and not less; there is no advantage to having a wider spectrum of pets to choose from if there is only one right choice."

I know I would love to tame Skoll, but if I was pressured into taming it by other players and then spending the boring amount of time to do so, I would not be a happy camper. I already get people who are offended that I don't always use a wolf in random 5-mans.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

wyndigo wrote:"we don't want them to be the only choice for BM hunters since speccing BM should give a player more choices for pets (ideally) and not less; there is no advantage to having a wider spectrum of pets to choose from if there is only one right choice."

I already get people who are offended that I don't always use a wolf in random 5-mans.
Blizzard's logic seems to not be so... logical.

Sunsorrow
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Sunsorrow »

Exotic pets look better than most regular pets imo. But I would prerfer Survival over Beastmastery in most cases. It's a preference trade off really.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Sunsorrow wrote:Exotic pets look better than most regular pets imo. But I would prerfer Survival over Beastmastery in lmost cases. It's a preference trade off really.
I think that may be due to the fact that hunters tend to have more shot options as survival. Kinda gives you more of a feeling of control
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

swimgremlin wrote:
Sunsorrow wrote:Exotic pets look better than most regular pets imo. But I would prerfer Survival over Beastmastery in lmost cases. It's a preference trade off really.
I think that may be due to the fact that hunters tend to have more shot options as survival. Kinda gives you more of a feeling of control
Try marks. Even more shots, even more control and mobility! :o

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

wyndigo
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by wyndigo »

Ryno wrote:
wyndigo wrote:"we don't want them to be the only choice for BM hunters since speccing BM should give a player more choices for pets (ideally) and not less; there is no advantage to having a wider spectrum of pets to choose from if there is only one right choice."

I already get people who are offended that I don't always use a wolf in random 5-mans.
Blizzard's logic seems to not be so... logical.
Tis true. Blizz hasn't put it into practice very well. However, everyone can get a wolf, but nabbing a spirit beast is part luck. I think they even mentioned they wanted to nerf wolves this patch, but didn't because it was too big a nerf for hunters overall.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

wyndigo wrote:I think they even mentioned they wanted to nerf wolves this patch, but didn't because it was too big a nerf for hunters overall.
Yeah, I remember reading that. Kinda funny. My money is on that Blizz will fix all current problems with pet DPS and such when Cata rolls out. The new focus system will be interesting.