Ashaine's Signature Shop (Open)

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Ashaine's Signature Shop (Now Open!)

Unread post by Vephriel »

As someone who has made Signature Request threads in the past, I can completely empathize with how quickly they build up and the weight they begin to accumulate on you. Go ahead and close requests if you find yourself bogged down or falling behind. You can really burn yourself out on making them, regardless of how much you might enjoy putting them together.

Another option is to come up with a Queue that has only a certain number of slots available at a time (Perhaps 3 or 5). Once those slot requests are filled no new ones can be made. This makes things more organized and feels less like the requests just keep piling up before you can catch up.

:hug:
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Eeesh, sorry you're overwhelmed.

Anyways, feel free to take as -long- you want to fill my request. I'll just sit and wait patiently, don't worry. :D
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

I like the queue idea. That way you can finish up what you have and for the future, only accept the amount that would be fun for you.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

The queue thing is what a lot of the folks over at [url=http://wow_fanart.livejournal.com/]wow_fanart[/url] use for commissions and the like. It's a good system and seems to work well—and, well, sometimes if someone's feeling especially artistic some day, someone who might have just missed the mark may end up getting a slot opened up for them anyway.

I did a similar thing when I was working on avatars/signatures for my guild (since none of them are artsy, or weren't at the time lol), though I made sure to let people know that the numbers on the list weren't necessarily the order they were going to come out in—if I was inspired for #5 on the list before #2, #2 would just have to wait their turn :P
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Hmm... I would agree that the queue idea does sound like something I will probably incorporate in the near future. It's certainly not that I don't relish each request, but my time management skills lately, I admit, have been seriously lacking. Between grinding rep with the SO, the daily 9-5, and guild..I've been pulled in all directions and it's been harder to make time for myself and the things that I enjoy. So, soon as I manage a free moment that's not via mobile phone, I'll see about figuring out how to edit the topic title. ;) A special thanks to everyone who posted here with helpful advice and other kind words of support. You guys really are the best. :hug:
Last edited by Ashaine on Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ashaine wrote:Hmm... I would agree that the queue idea does sound like something I will probably incorporate in the near future. It's certainly not that I don't relish each request, but my time management skills lately, I admit, have been seriously lacking. Between grinding rep with the SO, the daily 9-5, and guild..I've been pulled in all directions and it's been harder to make time for myself and the things that I enjoy. So, soon as I manage a free moment that's not via mobile phone, I'll see about figuring out how to edit the topic title. ;) A special thanks to everyone who posted here with helpful advice and other kind words of support. You guys really are the best. :hug:
A mod can do it if you ask. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

And here's the finished signature for Noleni, my wonderful guildmate (and Ashaine's in-game significant other) who requested a signature when I first told her about this thread and has been nothing but exceptionally patient as I've had to skip over her request to play catch up with others. She is one of the absolute sweetest people I know. No matter how bad her own life is, she is one of those people who always puts others first. She's an inspiration to me and I'm lucky to be able to call her one of my best friends. <3 This is for you, sweetie. I hope it's worthy. :hug:

Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel,
Like you're less than, less than perfect.
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel, like you're nothing,
You are perfect to me.

Last edited by Ashaine on Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh thats beautiful! Shes waited longest so she deserves it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Wow that is beautiful!!! *hugs*

and of course hun! Ques would probably be your best bet, you can take as many as you like at a time and not get overwhelmed by people who want a siggy from you, cause really you are incrediable and noone wants you to get burned out. I used to photoshop images for some horse rpgs so I know whats it like to get burned out :( everyone appreciates all the hard work you do hun and thank you ^.^

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Oh Man! WoW eye popping uber-ness. :shock: If I could have the great honor of getting one done by you that would be super!

I'd love to get one with my ally hunter on one side and my horde hunter on the other side similar to the one you did for Ickabob/Stormheart of Avalanche.

One on each side facing towards the middle at a 3/4 angle view. If that makes any sense. Wit the background being a woodsy area maybe Grizzly Hills or something of that nature. No helm on either plz and if you do a tabard plz use Tabard of the Achiever on Bohdran and the Silver Covenant Tabard on Vargr. Either with or without is up to you.

-My Ally hunter Vargr:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... rgr/simple
-With his Shango named Scáthach
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ridingt ... addle.html
-Can he be squatting down with his pet like they are stalking something right before he sends his pet in.

-My Horde hunter Bodhran:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ran/simple
-With his Skoll named Epoch
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/spectralsaberworg.html
-Can he be standing ready to shoot gun raised with his pet leaping into the fray/attack.

Something like that or whatever you like as anything you do looks amazing! Lots of interweb cookies and e-hugs!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'd be more than happy to help out, Bodhran! I've added you to the list. Just please be patient with me (as I haven't had much time to work on these lately and unless I get sudden inspiration, I do try to process each request in order). <3
Last edited by Ashaine on Sat May 14, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunni12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by bunni12 »

Hi Can I request a signature when you have time, I'd like one of Bunni my NE Hunter crouching besides her loque nahak who is called Lokkeigh maybe with a hand on her neck petting her and maybe a snowshoe rabbit sitting besides her or bunni holding it as a NE is all about nature and peace. No Helmet please and would like a nature background Teldrassil or Elwynn. Tabard of the explorer at that is my fav. Can it say Bunni and Lokkeigh- best friends. Would that be ok, happy to wait.

Many thanks

Bunni

Your work is so cool have long admired, would be estatic to have a peace of your art work.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... nni/simple
http://www.wowhead.com/profile=eu.hellscream.bunni
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

bunni12 wrote:Hi Can I request a signature when you have time, I'd like one of Bunni my NE Hunter crouching besides her loque nahak who is called Lokkeigh maybe with a hand on her neck petting her and maybe a snowshoe rabbit sitting besides her or bunni holding it as a NE is all about nature and peace. No Helmet please and would like a nature background Teldrassil or Elwynn. Tabard of the explorer at that is my fav. Can it say Bunni and Lokkeigh- best friends. Would that be ok, happy to wait.

Many thanks

Bunni

Your work is so cool have long admired, would be estatic to have a peace of your art work.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... nni/simple
http://www.wowhead.com/profile=eu.hellscream.bunni
Sure thing, Bunni! I have a guildmate who is rabbit obsessed and would be overjoyed at your characters name and choice of mini-pets. :D <3 I've added your request to the list and look forward to working on it. Also, did you have a preference for what gear you wanted her in or was the gear she's in currently ok? Let me know.
bunni12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by bunni12 »

Hi ashaine

Gear she is in now is fine, yes I am pet obsessed

TY

Bunni
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

Ashaine wrote:I'd be more than happy to help out, Bodhran! I've added you to the list. Just please be patient with me (as I haven't had much time to work on these lately and unless I get sudden inspiration, I do try to process each request in order). <3

np take all the time you need! It is just cool to be in the que :D

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Take your time Ashaine, don't feel rushed by any of us, you are the one working hard, we are just requesting, so we are at your mercy, lol. People can and have dealt with my lackluster sig, so i'm not worried at all about mine, do what's fun for you.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ashaine »

Well folks, the home desktop is down and out right now. Seems that it contracted a virus or nasty little piece of malware that gummed up the registry a bit. I'll be taking it in to the shop tomorrow to get checked out. Here's praying that they don't have to re-format the drive. *sigh* I'll be one unhappy camper if I lose the three signatures that I had in the works. :( Either way, I'll be unable to do any work for a few days while it's in the shop. Sorry for the inconvenience. This just isn't my day/month/year. :( Here's hoping to get back to business soon!
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

Oh man I know what that is like I had my desktop messed up to the point it had to be wiped and started over. I hope that your is a easy fix with no loss of anything. :hug:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:

Dream skins to tame:
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Let me at that computer.

*gets her hammer.* >:( Seriously though, hope everything is all right for it. I know I'm sad when my laptop doesn't work right. After all the time I've spent with it, it feels like a little pet. When it's sad and slow, I'm sad. I'll talk to it, every now and then, telling it to load faster, it's okay.

...I am either crazy or lonely.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

That sucks. D:

I REALLY recommend you shut down this thread though. You're getting more requests faster than you can pile them out and now you're really at a standstill.

LisaaraPokefarm