Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Nanluin »

Masquerain wrote:
Nanluin wrote:
Griffindude wrote:If you're looking for a unique-skinned rare Tenacity pet to take you through the Outlands whilst leveling 58-68, then I'd go with one of the Azeroth ones you can tame: the Silithid Harvester (beetle), Uhk'loc (gorilla), or Grubthor (worm)...or all three for variety.
Worms are exotics, so you can't tame them until level 72 if you're a Beast Master. :(
True, that! Thanks for the correction. It's been too long ago for me, apparently. ;)

I tried Grubthor out for a while in WotLK, and even though he's the prettiest worm, he just didn't click with me -- he's the only unique-skinned rare Tenacity pet that I've released back into the wild. Instead, I leveled with Uhk'loc (Cloud), because Thunderstomp is great for adds, which back then only the gorilla's had. My beetle, Bailey, is fun for a change from time to time, but Jadefang (Olivine) is my current favorite Tanking buddy, due to her web ability and spider buff, although her 'squee' battle-cry drives me nuts (like piece of styrofoam being squeezed).

Karkin hasn't seen much use, as I avoid taking him out on the Molten Front, and besides, dailies go faster with a Ferocity pet, anyway.

-- Nanluin
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Do we know how often the White Devilsaur skin spawns in Un'Goro Crater? Or is is a roll of the dice as to what skin pops next?
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

If you're after a particular colour, kill the others you see. They all share spawn points, so if a White Devilsaur isn't up then kill the others and see if you can coax one to spawn.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Awesome, thank you!
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Ryvir
Realm: Shu'Halo

Unread post by Ryvir »

Hey guys... thought this might be the right place to announce that today, Skoll spawned at 6:10 server time on Shu'Halo. It seems very likely that he has a 10-12 hour timer.

edit: Arcturis spawned at 11:30 pm server time, again on Shu'Halo, and also has a 10-12 hour timer
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

Does anyone have any helpful info they can pass down to one hoping to tame loque'nahak?
I have npcscan. clear my casche religously, and I follow this map here: http://huntsmanslodge.com/images/loquen ... ations.jpg.
For me taming him is sort of a captain ahab vs. moby dick story.... I have been looking for him eeeeever since I became a lvl 80bm..there I was fresh and innocent all excited and determined to tame a spirit leopard...I had been searching random websites for all info I could find, gearing myself up for the hunt & I came across this 1 hunter's testimonial about how he offered 1 person g. to help him find the elusive loque. I thought it souded like a good idea at the time and so I put the word out that I would pay 3000g to whoever could lead me to the beast alive and ready to be tamed. Rather quickly my offer was accepted and the person demanded the gold upfront. Being a dumb girl who thinks that everyone sticks by their word, I handed it over. They dissapeared. I had added this person to my friend ids and whenever they were on I asked them when they were gonna help me. always they told me not yet. Finally the idea that this person might not have good intentions crossed my mind and I asked them to return my g. they promptly ignored me. At this point I contacted wow help and they were able to return my g. I stopped looking for loque, feeling like the worlds biggiest dummy and the worst hunter who couldnt even capture 1 spirit beast on my own........but it has been a year....and I have a few spirit beasts under my belt: arcturis,ghost crawler,terrapene,skoll & koroma. Still I wont feel even with that jerk untill I tame loque! please pass down your wisdom, elder hunters.
Vephriel

Best of luck yaginoashi! The map you're following is correct, the only thing you have to do is stay patient and it'll eventually pay off. Loque should spawn roughly every 6-12 hours. You can either choose a single spot to camp, perhaps passing over it whenever you have a spare chance, or sitting there for a full day. Another method is to just circle continuously over all of his spawn locations. Either way, you have all the information you need, it's just a matter of RNG letting him spawn while you're there.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

~yaginoashi If you're only going to hover over 1 spot (say if you're doing something else) I would pick the SE corner near the Gorillas. I think you might be able to place yourself within range of two spawn locations.

Or maybe have that as your "home" place to stop between patrols
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

I was carrying ny bestie around and around sholazar basin because he was farming ore on an alt that didnt have a flying mount. My brother had just asked me if I had seen loque at all and I told him "no it probably only spawns on a certain day and we probably wont find it today" and as soon as those words left my mouth NPC scan went off :P I named it "setsujoku" wich translates into a sort of tit- for-tat revenge... because there are many types of revenge in Japanese :)
Take that you Ruffian trying to con me of 3000g! I got my g back AND the spirit beast! Finally I can call myself a hunter again :)
AzureWolf
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by AzureWolf »

hiya, i been looking for info on the Brilliant Macaw, spawn timers, do you have to go thru HC's or will he be in normal too? (i know location in the dead mines).

i have been going thru non stop for many hours a day, morning and evening. i've found the albino more times than i can count. he's the last pet i need then i'm done till they make stables bigger.

i've seen someone post somewhere else they went thru 97 times before he spawned but i must go thru 100's at a time and still nothing...

i'm sorry if this is somewhere else, i did look but found nothing :D
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

AzureWolf wrote:hiya, i been looking for info on the Brilliant Macaw, spawn timers, do you have to go thru HC's or will he be in normal too? (i know location in the dead mines).

i have been going thru non stop for many hours a day, morning and evening. i've found the albino more times than i can count. he's the last pet i need then i'm done till they make stables bigger.

i've seen someone post somewhere else they went thru 97 times before he spawned but i must go thru 100's at a time and still nothing...

i'm sorry if this is somewhere else, i did look but found nothing :D
Brilliant Macaw, much like the others, is pure RNG. You either get lucky or dont.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Does Blue Madexx still exist on Runetotem? I can't be the only player from Runetotem on this forum. Anyone at all who has seen this scorpid on this server, please, give me some hope.

@AzureWolf: It took me 71 runs to get an Albino Eyegouger, so your luck is incredible in that area. I hope you tamed one. They look SO much better than the Macaws, imo. I was nearly praying on my 71st run and was going to actually just give up if I didn't see it that run, but I got amazingly lucky and ONE Albino was fluttering around as soon as I entered the last room. Deadmines is like Northrend. A crapshoot when it comes to rares. If it makes you feel better, its taken me half a year of searching to never see Blue Madexx (ever, at all) and it took me 2 years to see Aotona and tame him. He's in my pet call slots now, permanently. Not giving my 2-year-search birdie for nothing. I hope it certainly does not take you that long to get YOUR parrot.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Littlemyuu
Realm: Al'akir

Unread post by Littlemyuu »

Hey everyone i heard from someone.from my guild that loque spawn in 1 to 7 days, as first time on hunting a spirit beast i really love to have Loque as my first one but can it really take 7 days till he spawns? im not a diehard hunter i just like to have atleast 1 spirit beast, besides the cute leopard who of the other spirits got less spawn time or an easy spawn point? I know about spirit teddy bear but i would like some info on my first try, thanks
Vephriel

Littlemyuu wrote:Hey everyone i heard from someone.from my guild that loque spawn in 1 to 7 days, as first time on hunting a spirit beast i really love to have Loque as my first one but can it really take 7 days till he spawns? im not a diehard hunter i just like to have atleast 1 spirit beast, besides the cute leopard who of the other spirits got less spawn time or an easy spawn point? I know about spirit teddy bear but i would like some info on my first try, thanks
Nope, that's incorrect. :) Loque's estimated spawn timer is generally between 6-12 hours. He certainly spawns at least once a day, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. This map has all 7 of his spawn points: http://huntsmanslodge.com/images/loquenahak_trail.jpg You can either circle between all of them or choose one and check there randomly until he's there. Good luck!
Littlemyuu

Vephriel wrote:
Littlemyuu wrote:Hey everyone i heard from someone.from my guild that loque spawn in 1 to 7 days, as first time on hunting a spirit beast i really love to have Loque as my first one but can it really take 7 days till he spawns? im not a diehard hunter i just like to have atleast 1 spirit beast, besides the cute leopard who of the other spirits got less spawn time or an easy spawn point? I know about spirit teddy bear but i would like some info on my first try, thanks
Nope, that's incorrect. :) Loque's estimated spawn timer is generally between 6-12 hours. He certainly spawns at least once a day, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. This map has all 7 of his spawn points: http://huntsmanslodge.com/images/loquenahak_trail.jpg You can either circle between all of them or choose one and check there randomly until he's there. Good luck!
Oh wow thats better then i thought, thanks a whole lot! I will look for him starting tommorow :)
Vephriel

Hee, yes much better than a 7 day timer.

All of the Spirit Beasts have pretty much the same 6-12 hour spawn time. Arcturis (the bear) is definitely one of the easiest to 'camp' for as you can stay in one place and wait, he only has a single spawn point. It's a bit easier to find the Northrend ones now as they're less sought after than the new Cataclysm additions, though Ghostcrawler can be surprisingly easy to stumble upon as he cannot be killed by random passerby, the only way he can disappear is by being tamed. If you're level 85 and just want any type of Spirit Beast, it's worth taking a look for him.
Littlemyuu

Well my little hunter is 85 and i rarely see people at the zone where loque runs around, i could get Aotona out of nowhere so im a little bit lucky :) i think its better to start easy with Arcturis and check on my hunter every 30-60 minutes :) im really glad the spawn time is 6-12 hours, (would go crazy if it was a 7 day spawn) Ghostcrawler is cute so i give him a try too in the future :) i love this forum already with all the nice and helpfull people
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:
I've had him spawn way longer than that(but that may be due to the 3-rares-only thing). 16 or 17 hours.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Littlemyuu wrote:Well my little hunter is 85 and i rarely see people at the zone where loque runs around, i could get Aotona out of nowhere so im a little bit lucky :) i think its better to start easy with Arcturis and check on my hunter every 30-60 minutes :) im really glad the spawn time is 6-12 hours, (would go crazy if it was a 7 day spawn) Ghostcrawler is cute so i give him a try too in the future :) i love this forum already with all the nice and helpfull people
You lucky person! It took me 2 YEARS to get Aotona. I dislike Loque compared to Aotona, so I would've traded anyone who had Aotona my Loque. My RL friends and I lamented over the lack of a trading pets feature. And still do, a lot. I abandoned Sambas and my friend was furious with me because she'd fallen in love with him, but I didn't like or use him, so I had no reason to keep him. I realllly wish I could've given him to my friend. :(
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Littlemyuu

first day hunting Loque, just came across an hunter who just tamed King Crush :( he also want to get little Loque and he told me he spawn every 6 hours and stay for 20 minutes..since i dont like compeitions i just let him tame it guess and try in another fiew hours :) wish i just know what spawn time he usually spawns..since that guy tamed Crush around 5/10min ago..

edit: now that guy tamed Crush, can Loque still spawns or does it take like 6 hours till he spawns? thanks