Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Unread post by Rikaku »

I keep checking the blizzard site and MMO for updates on if its on sale yet. XD It's so dang cool. However, the steed was datamined from patch 3.3.3 (which was march 23) around early march. The celestial steed however came out on april 15th.

So I'm gonna go with my rambling and guess this'll probably go on sale a little after 4.1... though it would be funny as hell if they release it on april 15th again, haha XD

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

you can summon the flying mount when your head is above water and if you dont fly upwards you end up moving at your regular swim speed but the mounts will fly as if they were flying in molassas.. if you go underneath the waters surface you will be dismounted.

Trying to land on the waters surface if you dont have water walking will just careen you into the water and dismount you-- i think before you could mount in water it would barrier you from it..?

I dont exactly remember and i dont have an active subscript to check but i do remember very well on my netherdrake, slamming into the water and also for some odd reason, being able to walk on the waters surface if i landed exactly vertical with the water, only one of my characters could pull that off though.. was very odd.. xD dunno if any of you have ever experienced something similar in same method or some other method

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

ok, so exactly as I said: the sparkle pony can be mounted UNDER water, and can swim around underwater, and then break the water's surface and change to actual aerial flight.

do any OTHER mounts do this?

this was the reason I brought it up regarding this future purchased pet. I'm wondering if it also will be usable both under and above water as well as on land.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

The sparkle pony can do that because it is a ground/flying mount. All ground mounts swim, thats why he can do that. I'm certain this one will do the same, Suku. Headless Horseman's mount also does this. People already stated previously what other mounts can do this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yes, any mount that can function as a ground mount (even if it's also a flying mount) should persist underwater. The two-seater rocket does as well.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

It's neat and all, but I want that new fiery hippogryph more. <3 No idea how to obtain it though, I suppose I should look around. :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhyela wrote:It's neat and all, but I want that new fiery hippogryph more. <3 No idea how to obtain it though, I suppose I should look around. :P
You mean the Blazing Hippogryph? Thats a TCG. *has it on her druid*

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Jessibelle wrote:
Rhyela wrote:It's neat and all, but I want that new fiery hippogryph more. <3 No idea how to obtain it though, I suppose I should look around. :P
As in reference to her want for the "new" fiery hippogryph and this being the PTR thread, It may be a safe bet she's referring to the Flameward Hippogryph

Here's a link to it from MMO. So far they are believed to be obtained via Fireland Dailes and are Reputation related, in which I believe will not be avalible until after 4.1
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/219 ... rt?page=11

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

oooh....thats different.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
As in reference to her want for the "new" fiery hippogryph and this being the PTR thread, It may be a safe bet she's referring to the Flameward Hippogryph

Here's a link to it from MMO. So far they are believed to be obtained via Fireland Dailes and are Reputation related, in which I believe will not be avalible until after 4.1

That's the one!!! <3 I'd give my proverbial left...er, arm...for one of those. <3 <3 <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Me too! <3

LisaaraPokefarm

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:

I hope to God that mount is a rep grind. Cause FFFFFFFF ITS AMAZING. So many good mounts this patch!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rep grind or dailies, I'll do either.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I'm not reading through all 8 pages so I've only read page 1.

That new mount is sweeeeet, I'd love to have one. I certainly hope it doesn't become an Alliance only thing. Mind you the thought of a flying scorpion is amusing...

re sparkle pony... I've not regretted buying that at all. It instantly gave all 44 of my account wide characters a mount, so that was my primary goal for getting it.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kayb wrote:I've not regretted buying that at all. It instantly gave all 44 of my account wide characters a mount, so that was my primary goal for getting it.
this

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

If Blizzard does decide to make this mount a benefit donation to the Japan disaster relief I'll certainly buy one, but if not I don't really have an interest in the mount itself.

For people that do like it, though, don't fret over a reason like "It's just a digital object." We have plenty of things in life that we spend money on for fun with no other tangible benefits. If you go out to a movie you can easily drop $20, $30 and you don't leave the theater with any sort of physical belonging. You buy snacks or desserts that are only a temporary gratification. Spending money at a park to go on rides...I could go on, but basically there are plenty of things you can throw cash at and gain nothing but a sense of enjoyment. I know digital possessions can have a sort of stigma against them, but if you look at it realistically it's just another way of having fun. As long as you want it go ahead and buy it, you'll receive the mount on every character you currently have and every character you ever make in the future of the game. :)
Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

*Scribbles down "Sandstone Lion-thingy" on list of shit to buy from the Blizzard store*
This might need to be a "grats on getting the cats fixed" self reward (AKA: Project Anti-incest Kitten Babies) .... along with a plushy windrider.... and a plushy griffin....

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I totally bought the plushy windrider (and me a devout Alliance player!)

It was just too cute to pass up. The fact that it follows even flying mounts makes it extra shiny, imo.

It'd be cool if the firelion came with a plushy too, but I doubt they'd do that with something that has actual game utility of any sort... that and since I haven't seen any made even for more recent mini-pets, I'd guess they weren't cost effective to make.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

That Flameward Hippogryph is ubersexy! I collect mounts, and I'll be grinding rep or whatever for that. I just hope that it doesn't have the same rear leg/foot skin issues that the Blazing Hippogryph does. My Blazing is my favorite mount in the game, I love the 'gryphs, I just can't look at it from the left side or it bugs me.

Also, kitty mount! Do want!

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

I agree I want one of these lion mounts. Will finally mean a cat for my hordies. And if it like the steed and is ground flying like everyone is thinking, will be even better for my low alts as it can grow with them. I do have the steed and likewise don't regret it. I only spend money on what I like and enjoy (sans bills). If Blizz would do something with it like the Japan Relief idea it would make me buy it even more. Mother Nature can be cruel at times and it hit them hard this time.

The new hippogryph might be rep related? Like the spectral wolf and drake from Tol Barad? AWWWWW SWEET! I figured it would be another blasted TCG mount. I hope so as I'd love a gryph on my toon as well as I've not been able to get one. And I have no luck with the TCG. Still want a Spectral Tiger as I was not playing until after it came out. Missed out on the Amani bear too since I only had a 55 when Wrath came out. Looking forward to getting to see the inside of that place even if it is not the raid.

Just my two cents worth.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf