Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I'm at 900 and did it fairly easily. I would say, maybe 890+? Maybe 885 if you know what you're doing.
That shouldn't be too bad. 880 is easily achieveable for anyone doing Broken Shore now, with a little patience. With a couple of legendaries and a couple of procs on gear score it should be achievable without setting foot in a regular raid. I think I'll wait and do it that way myself. My gs is only 886 currently but I'll get there.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

BTW, your reports have not been ignored. One person should be taking a short break, but if they violate that I'll take further action. I hate banning anyone and (aside from fake spammer accounts) have had to do it extremely rarely. The community here is wonderful :)

A couple of posts were deleted but the others I'll leave. They weren't targeting specific people and are far more embarrassing to the poster than anyone here.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

When they do hotfix this I hope they let us keep the pets we all have gotten I have grown attached to my Fenryr baby wolf.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Iowawolf wrote:When they do hotfix this I hope they let us keep the pets we all have gotten I have grown attached to my Fenryr baby wolf.
The odds that they'll remove him from our stables is slim to none. I remember when I tamed my Spirit Wolf, there was a fear that they would take him away from those of us that worked pretty hard to obtain him... but they allowed us to keep him.

It's not the hunter communities fault that they left the back door open, so to speak. It would surprise me greatly if they did a take back.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I don't remember any instances of them completely removing pets from our stables! With the Worgen that could briefly be tamed, I know they did act pretty harshly- first by cutting its health and then by turning it into a white northrend worg permanently- but that was pretty reasonable considering we shouldn't be taming sentient humanoids. :,D

Got my Fenryr and couldn't be happier! It's a gorgeous skin. The way it lights up with the Inky Black potion is beautiful.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

So sad, has not worked for me...not sure what happened but hoping maybe I just didn't wait long enough or something simple. If not I guess I'll just have to try it the right way....not 100% sure I can but worth the try I guess :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Iowawolf wrote:When they do hotfix this I hope they let us keep the pets we all have gotten I have grown attached to my Fenryr baby wolf.
Please don't stress about this, I would bet all my legendaries that those whom have tamed it, will not have them removed. The pet it's self is very intentional, they want us to tame it, the community simply found to tame it, via another way that they did not plan.

They may remove the unintended way, but they won't remove the pet as a tamable. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Please don't stress about this, I would bet all my legendaries that those whom have tamed it, will not have them removed. The pet it's self is very intentional, they want us to tame it, the community simply found to tame it, via another way that they did not plan.

They may remove the unintended way, but they won't remove the pet as a tamable. :)
Ok good thank you to all who said they won't remove my wolfie makes me feel better.

*runs off to go play fetch with Fenryr*
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Acadion wrote:Folks, something else someone said to me 45 mins ago. And it's paid dividens. I sat directly OUTSIDE the 5 man instance for 30+ mins. Before, I finished the instance and did other things in other places, then came back 30, 45, an hour later and nothing. Well, I sat directly outside the instance for 30 mins. Did not go anywhere. Watched most of an episode of Iron Chef Japan. And I wondered into Fenryr's side on a whim, and Odyn spoke to me.... and there he was in the bottom cave.
Think it just varies case by case... I didn't sit outside and wait, I went and did quests all over the zone, but I did stay in my mythic party the entire time, so not sure if that had any effect on it. Waited about 35 minutes, went back, and there he was.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but just to provide more data, the HoV lockout that I used was a base mythic I'd run earlier in the week, at least 5 days prior. (my friend and I wanted to make the most of the AP tower buff so we dedicated one evening to running every single dungeon on base mythic just for some fast easy AP)

Once I learned of the Fenryr tame yesterday, I simply walked back into HoV with dungeons set to Mythic, and my already-cleared instance was empty. (again this was a completely cleared mythic HoV I ran with friends earlier that week, the lockout was still active so I didn't have to reset or anything) I made my way to his cave and he was there waiting, and I definitely had the Odyn speech pop-up the moment I stepped into the wooded area.

So maybe time does help?
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I might rename mine to Glowbutt. :lol: :mrgreen:

Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Acadion wrote:Folks, something else someone said to me 45 mins ago. And it's paid dividens. I sat directly OUTSIDE the 5 man instance for 30+ mins. Before, I finished the instance and did other things in other places, then came back 30, 45, an hour later and nothing. Well, I sat directly outside the instance for 30 mins. Did not go anywhere. Watched most of an episode of Iron Chef Japan. And I wondered into Fenryr's side on a whim, and Odyn spoke to me.... and there he was in the bottom cave.
Think it just varies case by case... I didn't sit outside and wait, I went and did quests all over the zone, but I did stay in my mythic party the entire time, so not sure if that had any effect on it. Waited about 35 minutes, went back, and there he was.
We'll last night before reset I was with a party and cleared mythic 0. After that I did world quests for a bit then had dinner. When I came back to the screen, there was only 2 mins left before reset! Of course I knew I was not going to make it, I was very annoyed. I sprinted into HoV as fast as I could and just before I got the the Fields of the Eternal Hunt, I was logged out from reset. I thought I was not going to get him due to this.... :( So I decided to try my luck this morning before work. I logged on and I was still inside but at the entrance, there were no npc's. Walked through the portal and heard Odyn, and there was Fenryr, all nestled in his cave!!! :headbang:
Last edited by Zyne on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Thanks so much for posting this! Just got my Fenryr a minute or two ago. Got a little worried, seeing the post was a day or two old, and hearing that there was a hotfix today... but it still works as of this moment!

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Rekana
Realm: US - Cenarius

Unread post by Rekana »

Hi guys!

After hearing about Fenryr being tameable today, I went into HoV Mythic +0 and solo'd Hymdall, skipped trash, and solo'd Fenryr.

I then zoned out and sat there for 36 minutes. I went back in and went into the Fenryr area and nothing was there (I'm sure I checked the right cave). I did, however, hear Odyn talking.

So then I hearthed and did some WQ for about 40 minutes and went in to check again. Still no luck! D:

Any ideas what could be happening?
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041117_231228.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041117_231228.jpg (246.67 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Zyne

Unread post by Zyne »

You need to beat all bosses for him to spawn.
Rekana
Realm: US - Cenarius

Unread post by Rekana »

Zyne wrote:You need to beat all bosses for him to spawn.

My Art
https://spencerford.artstation.com/

I have to solo all the bosses? o.o Whelp, alright then.
Zyne

Unread post by Zyne »

Thing is I didnt solo mine I was in a party of 5. We just made sure we killed all the bosses. I left the dungeon overnight because I didnt have time to grab him from the realm reset. I went back online this morning and Fenryr was there.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Ok...cleared the whole thing last night, waited 45 mins but still didn't reset, was super sad because I thought I messed up....logged on at dung entrance this morning and just for one last try ran in...WOOT, new pretty wolf that I think is so special he keeps him original name <3 Thank you all again for all the great information, though he may not match my whole mog and theme I love him so much.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Same had to wait over an hour for it to soft reset, but final got him. I think if you enter before the reset it prolongs the timer.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its been over 12 hours for me now, I did mythic0 with a group with another hunter who was able to get him 30 minutes after the run. I still have an empty instance and Odyn still talks when I go to the fields. Theres been several confirmations of it working both ways since I did mine. However, after reading about of folk soloing (the intended method) and it still not spawning, I am beginning to thing there are intermittent bugs regardless of the method you do it.

I'm 886 non raid gear and Fenryr phase 2 just chews through me, even with tank pet with Aspect of the Beast (Damage reduction to pet) and healing pants. Its fine for me, I wasn't super crazy for the model so I am fine waiting until I get more gear, but just reading the different experiences here from people who are doing the same thing makes me think theres still some screws loose. Grats to those who got him though!