Black Dragonflight STILL lives! Also enchant previews!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Black Dragonflight STILL lives! Also enchant previews!

Unread post by Ziarre »

Nalice is apparently one of the big bads of the Rogue legendary questline.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

I'm happy they finally said something about the Dragonflight left in the Outlands since as time marches on in each Exp. there wasn't any thing said about whether Deathwing had called Sabellian and what was left of the Black Flight back into Azeroth.

And if there are other Black Dragons left in hiding it adds more purpose to Wrathion's agents since with him busy in Pandaria buying drinks and gathering heroes the agents can be back in Kalimdore and the Eastern Kingdoms looking for those Blacks.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Arwyn wrote:I'm happy they finally said something about the Dragonflight left in the Outlands since as time marches on in each Exp. there wasn't any thing said about whether Deathwing had called Sabellian and what was left of the Black Flight back into Azeroth.

And if there are other Black Dragons left in hiding it adds more purpose to Wrathion's agents since with him busy in Pandaria buying drinks and gathering heroes the agents can be back in Kalimdore and the Eastern Kingdoms looking for those Blacks.
We all know even if Deathwing did, Sabellian wouldn't told him to screw off. XD

I'm in high hopes that Wrathion will meet Sabellian BUT won't kill them and gets a better understanding of his kind.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I don't think Sabellian is completely untainted...just mostly. And in the face of Old God corruption made flesh, Deathwing might have been hard to resist. We'll never know, unfortunately.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:I don't think Sabellian is completely untainted...just mostly. And in the face of Old God corruption made flesh, Deathwing might have been hard to resist. We'll never know, unfortunately.
Old Gods can't control them in Outland though. They're only on Azeroth. That's why they stay there so that they can't be controlled anymore. Deathwing wouldn't have the same 'seducing' power as the Old Gods. He sure as hell never whispered to me. He was always yelling and roaring at me.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

It's difficult to say what sort of influence Deathwing had on his flight--how he affected them--other than corrupting them all, really. At best they're secretive and with their own agenda, at worst they crave death and destruction--so it's not like they'd be likely to simply tell us what it was like. I think the Outland ones are the least corrupted, but I still feel they probably hold a fragment of that corruption within their beings.

But like I said, it's hard to say for certain. All we know is that some blacks do still survive.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:It's difficult to say what sort of influence Deathwing had on his flight--how he affected them--other than corrupting them all, really. At best they're secretive and with their own agenda, at worst they crave death and destruction--so it's not like they'd be likely to simply tell us what it was like. I think the Outland ones are the least corrupted, but I still feel they probably hold a fragment of that corruption within their beings.

But like I said, it's hard to say for certain. All we know is that some blacks do still survive.
Oh they still hold it. Just they wont go insane like those on Azeroth did because the Old Gods can't whisper nasty things to them while in their haven.

Either way, I'm glad Sabellian was finally given some spotlight for a change. *snuggles him*

LisaaraPokefarm

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

lt is interesting as to whether being from Azeroth lessened the Old Gods influence on Sabellian and the other Outland Blacks or if the energies released when Draenor exploded severed the link and changed them like it changed the eggs into the Netherwing flight.

But even though we know that their alive and the next time we'll probably hear anything about the Outland Blacks will be in some short story or comic unless Blizz actually adds them to the current game content. I.E. Blizz gives a small quest to meet an Outland Black that has come through the Dark Portal and with one of Wrathion's agents see if they are a threat.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I'd really, REALLY, like to see a Wrathion vs Sabelian, With Wrathion forming a new black flight from Netherdrakes...

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd love to see Sabellian become the new Black Dragonflight leader. He is the eldest now of the blacks.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Myrrmi wrote:I'd really, REALLY, like to see a Wrathion vs Sabelian, With Wrathion forming a new black flight from Netherdrakes...
Sinestra beat him to it, that's how the Twilight dragonflight was initially created. They only branched into corrupting them from other flights later.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Well... that does indeed makes one think ;)

What if he wasn't 'creating' anything from them, but just became their leader and made eggs with some cute nether she-drakes? What will they become?
I know he's still a whelp, but we have to think of our Future! \o/

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myrrmi wrote:Well... that does indeed makes one think ;)

What if he wasn't 'creating' anything from them, but just became their leader and made eggs with some cute nether she-drakes? What will they become?
I know he's still a whelp, but we have to think of our Future! \o/
Him being so young is kinda why I don't want him to be leader. He's just a baby. Sabellian is wiser and knows much more, and already liberated many blacks from Deathwing's corruption.

LisaaraPokefarm

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Did he, really? Or is it just that being far away from Azeroth cut the influence of the Old Gods? It always seemed to me that he behaves as he behaves just because he doesn't have any other orders, and should he and his flight come back to Azeroth, it will be all on back again.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myrrmi wrote:Did he, really? Or is it just that being far away from Azeroth cut the influence of the Old Gods? It always seemed to me that he behaves as he behaves just because he doesn't have any other orders, and should he and his flight come back to Azeroth, it will be all on back again.
It's mostly speculation but it seems to ring true these says as we learned more about Deathwing going berserk due to old gods and stuff.

"Sabellian is noticeably much less hostile than other black dragons towards non-black dragonkin, as seen how he treats the player and Rexxar (while somewhat rude, he isn't openly hostile and shows no intent to actually attack). It is possible that due to his extended period away from Azeroth (and the Old Gods) that he no longer hears the maddening whispers that plague the rest of his corrupted flight. "

LisaaraPokefarm

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I wonder how one RPs a normal black drake these days... Not RPing an actual drake, but our mounts. xD My warrior is a traveler and has... ah... she claims she basically owns a flight now. >.> Of all kinds. She's a very... Unique sort when it comes to drakes, and her black is certainly one of the more... undue personalities because of it. xD But realistically, shouldn't the "heroes" of Azeroth have handed their black drakes and hatchling pets over to Wrathion for him to kill... or are we sheltering them... or...

Just something random to think about. Is it that our spirits are strong enough to handle the blacks, or do we protect them from the corruption somehow... or should they have realistically died? o.o

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Shade ღ wrote:I wonder how one RPs a normal black drake these days... Not RPing an actual drake, but our mounts. xD My warrior is a traveler and has... ah... she claims she basically owns a flight now. >.> Of all kinds. She's a very... Unique sort when it comes to drakes, and her black is certainly one of the more... undue personalities because of it. xD But realistically, shouldn't the "heroes" of Azeroth have handed their black drakes and hatchling pets over to Wrathion for him to kill... or are we sheltering them... or...

Just something random to think about. Is it that our spirits are strong enough to handle the blacks, or do we protect them from the corruption somehow... or should they have realistically died? o.o
I always thought of black drake mounts as, uh, not lore-sound. xD Something that's cool but doesn't make sense. So I'm not sure what, lore-wise, would happen. Very nearly all examples of black drakes used as mounts in WoW are very much corrupt groups, AKA Blackrock orcs and the Cult. Honestly, I'm not even sure if a black could be born without the whispers, as Wrathion's egg had to be purified by a Titan artifact. So realistically, very nearly all black drakes should indeed be insane, and therefore would make *terrible* mounts and would most likely be killed. It would be very, very difficult to find a black drake that wasn't insane, and it would be even more difficult to find one that was willing to be ridden around.

That's not saying it's impossible, of course. And in those (very few) cases, I suspect the rider would understand how rare their companion was and would hide them as best as possible, to keep them from Wrathion's… wrath.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shadow »

Wrathion can't om nom Silver's Black Dx Black's the only one she hasn't punched in the face on one occasion or another. Not sure why... I just decided that he would be the nice one of the group o.O Course, I can state that's because she keeps him in Outland (she actually introduced and 'gave' Black away recently to a friend who just got his own black drake from Sarth last week and our toons just hit 60 today... so we're in Outland... lol). That could... reduce the insanity.

I'm not going to say he's a pure drake, of course. And he's certainly not all with it, either. In fact, he's also the most quiet and... compliant, which could also be a bad thing. There are all types of crazies. He might also just be so warped he thinks Silver is his brood mother and will do whatever she wants to appease the voices >.> It takes all types... I'm not gonna look into it too deeply. Silver's not really the type to think things through anyway, or worry about the evils that may be abound by having one of the Black Dragonflight in her flight... I mean, yesterday she decided to steal a Fire Hawk that was roaming around unattended... in the air... That was fun RP. xD I just like wondering over these things.

Blog

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Shade ღ wrote:I wonder how one RPs a normal black drake these days... Not RPing an actual drake, but our mounts. xD My warrior is a traveler and has... ah... she claims she basically owns a flight now. >.> Of all kinds. She's a very... Unique sort when it comes to drakes, and her black is certainly one of the more... undue personalities because of it. xD But realistically, shouldn't the "heroes" of Azeroth have handed their black drakes and hatchling pets over to Wrathion for him to kill... or are we sheltering them... or...

I always thought of black drake mounts as, uh, not lore-sound. xD Something that's cool but doesn't make sense. So I'm not sure what, lore-wise, would happen. Very nearly all examples of black drakes used as mounts in WoW are very much corrupt groups, AKA Blackrock orcs and the Cult. Honestly, I'm not even sure if a black could be born without the whispers, as Wrathion's egg had to be purified by a Titan artifact. So realistically, very nearly all black drakes should indeed be insane, and therefore would make *terrible* mounts and would most likely be killed. It would be very, very difficult to find a black drake that wasn't insane, and it would be even more difficult to find one that was willing to be ridden around.

That's not saying it's impossible, of course. And in those (very few) cases, I suspect the rider would understand how rare their companion was and would hide them as best as possible, to keep them from Wrathion's… wrath.
It's possible...if difficult. For instance, the Dragonmaw managed it through force and intimidation, treating them as particularly stubborn beasts to be broken.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shadow »

>.> Could have gotten Black from there, too...It's not a particularly big piece of my character's lore (seeing as she prefers her hand-raised stone drake anyway), but it could definitely use some thought and refining. It would certainly make more sense if Black was broken before. xD I was just thinking about them, too, and if they had any influence on my character's situation.

Blog