Cross Realm Bad idea or good as a hunter

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Cross Realm Bad idea or good as a hunter

Unread post by Vephriel »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:I do not wish to defend the x-realm, as I'm at-best-indifferent to it, but the problem you have there is only partially connected to implementing the x-realm zones. The real problem are the players. The feature just made a probability of meeting such person higher.
I'd suggest /ignoring them, or reporting them for griefing.
THIS. I think a lot of people are linking cross-realm directly to pets being killed/trolling. People are just going to do that, it's just that you run into more now.

However. As was stated above, this is most likely stuff Blizzard wants to know- I'm quite sure their intention isn't to say "suck it up" or any such thing. They want people to enjoy the game. They're not going to lord over us and laugh at our misery. I think there are a few too many people per cross-realm zone, but it's an MMO for a reason- there are other players, even if sometimes I wish there weren't. People being around is just bound to happen. It's been very unusual and odd that we've been able to play in such a solitary way, honestly.

I can't say I'm too worried about rares. They're… rares. At the moment, I've found that their value is significantly lowered due to the fact that on many servers, they're basically up 90% of the time, especially pets. I kind of feel like the higher player-per-realm count is going to, for me, bring back the actual thrill of finding a rare, instead of what I'm getting at the moment, which is more like "Dear gods, (insert rare here) ISN'T up?".

I acknowledge, however, that that's not on all servers. But I do think I, as well as perhaps others (But not pointing fingers), need to break myself out of the idea that the proper, fun way to level is to be the only one in the zone.
Agreed with all of the above. :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:I do not wish to defend the x-realm, as I'm at-best-indifferent to it, but the problem you have there is only partially connected to implementing the x-realm zones. The real problem are the players. The feature just made a probability of meeting such person higher.
THIS. I think a lot of people are linking cross-realm directly to pets being killed/trolling. People are just going to do that, it's just that you run into more now.

However. As was stated above, this is most likely stuff Blizzard wants to know- I'm quite sure their intention isn't to say "suck it up" or any such thing. They want people to enjoy the game. They're not going to lord over us and laugh at our misery. I think there are a few too many people per cross-realm zone, but it's an MMO for a reason- there are other players, even if sometimes I wish there weren't. People being around is just bound to happen. It's been very unusual and odd that we've been able to play in such a solitary way, honestly.

I can't say I'm too worried about rares. They're… rares. At the moment, I've found that their value is significantly lowered due to the fact that on many servers, they're basically up 90% of the time, especially pets. I kind of feel like the higher player-per-realm count is going to, for me, bring back the actual thrill of finding a rare, instead of what I'm getting at the moment, which is more like "Dear gods, (insert rare here) ISN'T up?".

I acknowledge, however, that that's not on all servers. But I do think I, as well as perhaps others (But not pointing fingers), need to break myself out of the idea that the proper, fun way to level is to be the only one in the zone.
Absolutely agreed on all counts!

I actually got ganked by a couple of druids the other day and realized that I couldn't remember the last time there had been enough players around on my server to actually GET ganked! Sure, it was convenient, but facing the realities of a PvP server again, I've had to come to terms with the fact that I've gone soft! And honestly, I don't like being soft - I like carebearing it up and finding peaceable solutions to getting along with the Horde, but that's my choice....and it's less of a choice if there's never any threat of danger, you know? So I was actually happy that they did what they did.

I haven't been seeing the Molten Front rares at all in the past 2-3 days. I do miss them, but honestly? They were never supposed to be up all the time, not when they're still endgame content. It felt weird. This is better.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:

I agree with most of this. I actually don't mind hunter pets being actually rare. I've been saying all along that rares really aren't "rare". I like being on a high pop server. I like playing with a lot of people. The bugs and stuff will get fixed although Blizzard should be completely embarrassed that they let such a mess hit live servers.

My main issue is with rares like Aeonaxx and TLPD as well as achs like winning the fishing tournaments. The limited number of titles available just got drastically slashed since so many servers share a zone. The number of Aeonaxx and TLPD spawns likewise got drastically slashed. I'm lucky and after almost 280+ hours of camping I got my PSD literally an hour or two before Deepholm went cross realm. I can only imagine how it's going to be from now on!

I don't care how many people are camping Arcturis or Loque. I'm glad the older hunter rares might actually be rares again. (never mind how the difficulty for Frostbitten or Bloody Rare just shot through the roof). I care that some achs and rares that actually are rare just went from ridiculously hard to nearly impossible.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

In my defense, I didn't really say much about rare kills. I said I was getting harassed by people from other servers such was WrA and some pvp servers, screaming at me, taunting me to go back to Goldshire just cause I play on Moon Guard. So what, am I supposed to report an entire guild?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Jessibelle wrote:In my defense, I didn't really say much about rare kills. I said I was getting harassed by people from other servers such was WrA and some pvp servers, screaming at me, taunting me to go back to Goldshire just cause I play on Moon Guard. So what, am I supposed to report an entire guild?
Never meant to point fingers at you, sorry if I came off that way!

No, I understand that. Server harassment is indeed a problem. But you can probably report the people and add something like "I'd appreciate it if the guild leader was warned of this behavior" or something like that. I wish there was an easier way to filter out all the rude idiots, I admit. But the rude idiot population is *very* loud. xD At least there's ignore. I can see it being a lifesaver in such cases.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:In my defense, I didn't really say much about rare kills. I said I was getting harassed by people from other servers such was WrA and some pvp servers, screaming at me, taunting me to go back to Goldshire just cause I play on Moon Guard. So what, am I supposed to report an entire guild?
This thread was about rare pets, so not sure why you'd even feel the need to defend yourself. :) But on that subject, if it comes down to that, then do it. You can ignore/block as many as you can and just keep letting Blizzard know that there's a problem (and that mixing those particular servers might not be the best of ideas).

YouTube Edition

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Sesamee wrote: My main issue is with rares like Aeonaxx and TLPD as well as achs like winning the fishing tournaments. The limited number of titles available just got drastically slashed since so many servers share a zone. The number of Aeonaxx and TLPD spawns likewise got drastically slashed. I'm lucky and after almost 280+ hours of camping I got my PSD literally an hour or two before Deepholm went cross realm. I can only imagine how it's going to be from now on!
I so agree about the fishing tournaments. Especially since there is also issues of ending up in the wrong time zone for them as well. I'm hoping this gets fixed.

Of course I hate the fact that my server time keeps bouncing around as well. I have it on local time now, but I'll get warnings for things on the calendar like raids before and after they start because of this which is just annoying. At this point I almost don't see there is a point in Realm time at all. They really need to fix it so that realm time is shown by character not by zone.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
This thread was about rare pets, so not sure why you'd even feel the need to defend yourself. :) But on that subject, if it comes down to that, then do it. You can ignore/block as many as you can and just keep letting Blizzard know that there's a problem (and that mixing those particular servers might not be the best of ideas).
Well I mentioned it earlier so I was making it known there are more 'issues' to the cross server thing than just hunter pet killins. :( And seems this went far beyond hunter pets anyways...with TLPD/Aeonaxx/Fishing Tourny/etc.
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Never meant to point fingers at you, sorry if I came off that way!

No, I understand that. Server harassment is indeed a problem. But you can probably report the people and add something like "I'd appreciate it if the guild leader was warned of this behavior" or something like that. I wish there was an easier way to filter out all the rude idiots, I admit. But the rude idiot population is *very* loud. xD At least there's ignore. I can see it being a lifesaver in such cases.
Unfortunately, my ignore list can only hold so many morons. ;-; Blizz needs to start lengthening it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I guess because don't play my hunter much anymore I am just indifferent about the rare spawns to tame. Then again, I have also tamed everyone of them and released them except for a couple that I really liked. I my honest opinion, rares are not really "rare" anymore. I also don't have that "special snowflake" syndrome though...

Off topic a bit: While the cross-realm is a good idea in theory, I have been doing my Netherwing grinding the past few days and Shadowmoon just HAPPENS to be one of the x-realm areas. Which is quite annoying when it comes to questing in some aspects. I have lucked out and found around 6-7 eggs total, but that is over a 3 day period and most of the time, a result from dropping from a mob I kill vs finding an actual egg. Thankfully, I went from the beginning unfriendly to revered in just 3 days. I am looking at maybe 1-2 more days before I am exalted. So I won't have to be there too much longer.

Speaking of x-realm as well. Not sure if this is a Netherwing related glitch or the x-realm, but when I fly out of the area where you are disguised as an orc riding a nether, almost every single time, my mount I am on changes into one that I DON'T OWN. Example, on the Netherwing daily area, I mounted a gryphon. As I am flying back to the main area of Shadowmoon and I transform back into my normal form, I was suddenly riding a Blazing Drake. Which I do NOT own. o.O Now while this is awesome, it is also a big tease, because it has given me mounts I don't own but really want. D: I noticed it transforms back into what my mount SHOULD be when I fly out of Shadowmoon Valley.

So far I have had a Violet Proto, the 10-man ICC drake, the Quilen mount, Virteous Drake and yesterday was the Blazing Drake. I took screenshots too. lol

Here is me on the violet proto --> I don't own this guy... <--
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

ok, I has a cross-realms question...

I have been noticing when I enter a zone I sometimes get a sudden surge of blue messages in my chat frame, telling me I have suddenly learned "leathercrafting/first aid/cooking/etc..." and it proceeds to list ALL of my crafting levels, along with some others like dual spec, and stuff.

Is this due to cross-realm zones?

because if it IS, it's incredibly annoying, because every time it happens, it DOUBLES the number of recipes in my craft UI.

For example, the 1st time it happens, I find all my cooking, leathercrafting, and first aid recipes now appear twice in the UI.

The next time, I find I have three of everything.

last night, I crossed a bunch of zones while farming, and ended up with around 10 of each recipe.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Errr, what Mods do you have?
ImageImage
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

no crafting mods.

all I use is auctioneer (which never did this before)
an old bag addon that still works (OpenContainer) which only allows me to open bags automatically when going to bank/AH/crafting/etc...
and my mount/pet addon.

normally I have Altoholic loaded, but it seems to be buggy for now.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I have spent several days cruising around rare pet spawns just to see if the numbers have gone up in all the mess that WRA and connected realms has turned into, and oddly enough, in my usual time of being around, from roughly 1 PM to 1 AM EST, I'm not noticing a real significant player increase from other servers. Anywhere at all. Not in Storm Peaks, not in Zul'Drak, not in Deepholm. I check when I spot someone else; almost always it's a WRA person doing things. There's a minor increase of WRA folks doing stuff, but it's not really significant at all. I still sat around a Loque spawn for twenty minutes waiting to see if anyone would show up, and sending whispers to people, I still orbitted on Gondria for a while before an at-level DK cruised in and killed her, etc.

This has led me to the conclusion that either I'm somehow staggeringly lucky, or that things aren't /quite/ as bad around rare spawns as being reported, at least not in the jumble my server's turned into. Finding people from other servers requires going to places like Desolace - and even then I don't find many. I've searched. The mess it was right away doesn't seem to be as bad as claimed over the weekend and to today. I avoid places like Silvermoon or Goldshire or what have you, in favor of looking out in the world with humanoid tracking on and chasing down any green or yellow playerdot I see.

CRZ hasn't even significantly impacted my farming for things, save that I have two or three people murdering troggs with me instead of just one or two.

The recipes/professions duplicating themselves is a CRZ error, don't worry. I get it too, addons or no. It's known. :(
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

So far, it doesn't seem to be too big of a deal...the only thing bothering me is the bugs right now...like when I carry someone as the Sandstone drake or the Nightwing...the person I'm carrying often gets thrown off or even DCed when we change to into cross-realm areas...had this happen to two separate people now, it's pretty annoying. Other than that, I really haven't noticed the crossrealm thing too much.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Sukurachi wrote:ok, I has a cross-realms question...

I have been noticing when I enter a zone I sometimes get a sudden surge of blue messages in my chat frame, telling me I have suddenly learned "leathercrafting/first aid/cooking/etc..." and it proceeds to list ALL of my crafting levels, along with some others like dual spec, and stuff.

Is this due to cross-realm zones?

because if it IS, it's incredibly annoying, because every time it happens, it DOUBLES the number of recipes in my craft UI.

For example, the 1st time it happens, I find all my cooking, leathercrafting, and first aid recipes now appear twice in the UI.

The next time, I find I have three of everything.

last night, I crossed a bunch of zones while farming, and ended up with around 10 of each recipe.
Yeah I agree, this is quite annoying. :/
MaximumOverdrive wrote:So far, it doesn't seem to be too big of a deal...the only thing bothering me is the bugs right now...like when I carry someone as the Sandstone drake or the Nightwing...the person I'm carrying often gets thrown off or even DCed when we change to into cross-realm areas...had this happen to two separate people now, it's pretty annoying. Other than that, I really haven't noticed the crossrealm thing too much.
I don't have a 2 person mount, but a friend/guildie has had this happen on the 2 person rocket before. Of course, they both about died of laughter, but regardless it is annoying. I have been flying around and all I have to say is THANK THE STARS I am a druid, because I have flown around Icecrown or other places in Northerend doing dailies only do be suddenly dismounted and I was able to pop myself into flight form before plummeting to my death. I hope this 8+ hour maintenance they are doing today fixes some of these problems.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

well, there seems to be a download so it may be more than only server maintenance.

might they be starting the Theramore Isle event? We are, after all, two weeks before the launch of MoP.

"Step on no pets!"

Kalliope

It's patch 5.0.5, which contains a number of bug fixes, yay! <3 That skill spamming stuff might be gone. :) Never mind, I "just got" the Language: Demon Tongue skill. (rofl, what?!)

Unsure about Theramore, though. It still looks locked to me.

YouTube Edition

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

They said it wouldn't become available until the 12th. My guess is because they wanted to avoid the whole Theramore being attacked on 9/11 thing.
Kalliope

Akycha wrote:They said it wouldn't become available until the 12th. My guess is because they wanted to avoid the whole Theramore being attacked on 9/11 thing.
Good call. That would definitely be a bit much. >_<

YouTube Edition

Kalliope

On the subject of the fishing contests, that's a bug that they'll be fixing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zq ... ma/c66v4fs

YouTube Edition