Buy The Farm from Farmer Yoon!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Buy The Farm from Farmer Yoon!

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh, and as for portals, you can always grow your own on the farm. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Danielfboone wrote:Maybe he will realize that it wasn't him who gained the acceptance of the Tillers but actually it was us who planted everything, cared for it, added the improvements, and everything else. He may realize that he really wasn't cut out to be a farmer since he couldn't do it on his own and will therefore, sell us the farm at a reasonable price and use the proceeds to set up shop and become a merchant, maybe a grocer, in town.

Either that or he'll become a drunk like that Jinyu. I like the grocer scenario better though. We'd be his main supplier.
I think they mentioned something about your farm having new dailies in the form of "work orders" or something...
Image Image
Romolus
Realm: Vashj

Unread post by Romolus »

Wykea wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:Maybe he will realize that it wasn't him who gained the acceptance of the Tillers but actually it was us who planted everything, cared for it, added the improvements, and everything else. He may realize that he really wasn't cut out to be a farmer since he couldn't do it on his own and will therefore, sell us the farm at a reasonable price and use the proceeds to set up shop and become a merchant, maybe a grocer, in town.

Either that or he'll become a drunk like that Jinyu. I like the grocer scenario better though. We'd be his main supplier.
I think they mentioned something about your farm having new dailies in the form of "work orders" or something...
I read that too, it seemed like you get work orders from a current panda faction to get rep up with them.... seems to be good for my alts... less so on my main who's exalted with everyone now.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Maybe he is going to work on one of the huge farms owned by one of the other clans? Perhaps they are giving him a huuuuuge plot of land akin to their giant fields of veggies? :)
ImageImage
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kalliope wrote:Oh, and as for portals, you can always grow your own on the farm. :)
Unless they're made permanent, though, aren't they just a one-time thing? Use the item and it's gone? Or does it form a permanent portal there?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurasu wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Oh, and as for portals, you can always grow your own on the farm. :)
Unless they're made permanent, though, aren't they just a one-time thing? Use the item and it's gone? Or does it form a permanent portal there?
It's a once use but you can buy a lot of seeds.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:
Kurasu wrote:
It's a once use but you can buy a lot of seeds.
Yup, exactly! Of course, then you're stuck holding the portals in your bags until you're ready to use them, which doesn't really work for some of us. >_> But hey, the option is there. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh yeah, I know. I only plant them selectively and try to use em as much as possible.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I only planted the sample seed, never bought any more. If you could use them any place in the game, rather than just at the farm, I might be more interested in them.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Very excited about this!!!!!! :D I've been wishing I could set my hearth there since I got my farm all done. Its really my WoW home, at least for Teigan. And now, it really will be! :D :D :D
deadman

Unread post by deadman »

This seems like a nice addition, but what would get me REALLY excited would be if there was a way to extend our stable in some way.. Like adding some sort of pen that we could put our pets into and have them walk around, but not taking up active stable slots. Make it inconvenient/costly to shuffle them around (think along the lines of Void Storage) and that way we can keep the pets we've grown attached to and still be able to tame new ones for actually fighting with... I love my Migraine (Lone Hunter w/ sword-thru-head) but am terrified to actually use him in case I accidentally do something that causes the sword to fall out >_<;; This would allow me to avoid abandoning him and give his stable slot to some other pet that needs a good home.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

deadman wrote:This seems like a nice addition, but what would get me REALLY excited would be if there was a way to extend our stable in some way.. Like adding some sort of pen that we could put our pets into and have them walk around, but not taking up active stable slots. Make it inconvenient/costly to shuffle them around (think along the lines of Void Storage) and that way we can keep the pets we've grown attached to and still be able to tame new ones for actually fighting with... I love my Migraine (Lone Hunter w/ sword-thru-head) but am terrified to actually use him in case I accidentally do something that causes the sword to fall out >_<;; This would allow me to avoid abandoning him and give his stable slot to some other pet that needs a good home.
I once had an idea for that if we were to include player housing. Namely, hunter-only addition to player house would be a pet corral that has all of our non-active pets walk around for show. IMHO it would make more sense in a feature others can see.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Slickrock wrote:I'm not buying a farm unless the HP Lovecraft tributes each day are brought severely under control... >.>

isn't there a mention somewhere that farm pests will be nerfed a bit in 5.2?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Haha, the wild crops are my favorite ones!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:Haha, the wild crops are my favorite ones!
The other day, out of 16 farm slots, I had 14 birds or vermin, the remaining two slots were either insects or parched. :|
They take FOREVER to kill. There are wild mobs out in the world that actually drop items and gold, that are easier to kill.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

By wild crops, I meant the tentacles, not the alluring or wiggling crops.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I HATE the tentacles.. lag, or something like lag, makes it a crapshoot every day. on some days I can click [2] as soon as I see the tentacle special ability start, on other days I have to make sure that I'm clicking on [2] BEFORE that timer starts.

I REALLY hate the tentacles.

"Step on no pets!"

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I do wish there were fewer pests. Maybe I have bad luck (which is probable. Teigan has the worst luck of any of my characters) but normally, every single crop I plant has something wrong with it and most of the untilled soil has vermin in it. But I still love my farm.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I love my farm as well.. but as a Scribe, I'm wondering what I'm going to do with the 60+ Spirit of Harmony I have!!!

I really wish they were BoA... I'd love to send some to my tailor and blacksmith so they can finally finish leveling to 600.

"Step on no pets!"

Kalliope

You can always exchange the spirits of harmony into other sorts of crafting materials.

YouTube Edition