PATCH 5.2 MODELS! [POTENTIAL PET COLORS!]

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Re: PATCH 5.2 MODELS! [POTENTIAL PET COLORS!]

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Slapperfish wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:and the Pterrordaxes look like a member of the family Tapejaridae, mainly Tupandactylus Imperator
Last I checked, the Pterrordax(es) looked more like a Pteranodon, not a Tupandactylus. I think you've got your Azerothian species backwards. :lol:
The ones that I was referring to are the new, sparkly fresh models, not the old ones. :)
I'll change it so it's less confusing on people's brains.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

HUUUUGE urge to return to WoW :lol: :lol: Ohh they are gorgeous. Any word on if there are any trick tames of if hunters can just grab them ? (hoping for the last one ;) )

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I am so in love with the red dire horn. It's simply even better than I had thought. All the others are absolutely lovely as well, particularly the blue stone one and the green normal, but that red one is probably one of the nicest models/skins I have seen in game to date!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I totally want that blue one. It reminds me of my old hand-painted Warhammer Stegadon. One of the best-painted models I ever made. Yes, I'm arrogant enough to want to walk around with it for that reason. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

i can say that i am not one for the porcupine so my crab is gona stay for awhile longer unless that turtle is gona be a spirit beast.but as for the dire horns is if i had a tail i'd be wagging it like crazy.and those new devilsours.
*grabs tools to try and make stable bigger.*
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

*takes deep breath*

THATREDDIREHORNISSOAWESOMEMUSTTAME!

*ahem*

I really like that red dire horn. It's cool.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

*Dies*
DAT GREEN DEVILSAUR. It's basically a remodelled King Krush! I want it. :|
Shame there's no purple dinosaur. D: I would love a deep purple one...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm pretty relieved that green devilsaur is distant from Krush's color as well as not being a rich enough shade for my taste - I don't feel tempted to change my dear Theseus (Krush) with his backstory and miracle tame anymore....which is good, because awesome appearance or not, that's a LOT of history to morph.

Then again, I haven't seen this skin in person, but still....it's something I don't want to get sucked into.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm definitely wanting to change Foom and Ironhide but not Grimlock. I want the pink/white devilsaur ;-;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I was considering trading Mosh for the new beige devilsaur, but then I realized I don't like the orange eyes. Plus, if I can get a mount that is matchy-matchy with Mosh, that would be great!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Crotalus Horridus wrote: It's not really that they seem to have hired a Paleobiologist/Paleontologist, as they'd always had their animals recognizable to a real-life animal so one can infer to what it's based off of. A bat, however crappy they look (And I do mean CRAPPY), still looks like a bat in some ways. .
"In some ways"..... In that it has two wings and one head and hind feet? :P The very first time I saw a bat in WoW I actually couldn't tell what it was. Is that a gargoyle....what is that thing? Oh, its bat? That's....not a bat. If WoW was a schoolchild I would pat them on the head, give them their afterschool snack and hang their "bat" on the fridge. However, WoW is not a 7 year old. Perhaps on the day bats were born, the art team took "Take Your Child to Work Day" a bit far.
I have a hunter whose whole theme is "unwanted pets" Even she doesn't have a bat cause I just can't look at them.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Teigan wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote: It's not really that they seem to have hired a Paleobiologist/Paleontologist, as they'd always had their animals recognizable to a real-life animal so one can infer to what it's based off of. A bat, however crappy they look (And I do mean CRAPPY), still looks like a bat in some ways. .
"In some ways"..... In that it has two wings and one head and hind feet? :P The very first time I saw a bat in WoW I actually couldn't tell what it was. Is that a gargoyle....what is that thing? Oh, its bat? That's....not a bat. If WoW was a schoolchild I would pat them on the head, give them their afterschool snack and hang their "bat" on the fridge. However, WoW is not a 7 year old. Perhaps on the day bats were born, the art team took "Take Your Child to Work Day" a bit far.
I have a hunter whose whole theme is "unwanted pets" Even she doesn't have a bat cause I just can't look at them.
Oh it's just more than that. I note things such as the nose, the teeth, the ears, and all of those things.

However, I believe that at Blizzard Entertainment, a homeless man with a 1 pound bag of bath salts walked to a computer, opened up the files, and edited what would have been a perfectly accurate bat model to look, like, well. . .
Putting it nicely, it's a 6 fingered, three toed horse fish that's made out of bath salts, jenkem, and cigarettes laced with chemicals that melt down the average human imagination power plant: the brain. Oh, yeah, and it has holes in it's wings.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I'm so getting that "Dire Horn", whitish Triceratops! If I could, I'd put those blue eyes on it too! I adore some albino animals so much! Edit: I'm not liking that signature of yours, Crotalus.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I like the Blue Dire Horn with the yellow stripes but I also like the Cobalt looking one that matches up with the Cobalt Portent. The same reddish bronze highlights and red eyes. It looks like they will have Organic and Stone forms, like the Quilen.

I don't really like the Devilsaurs and will most likely keep my Ironhide one. That Porcupine doesn't interest me at all, Spirit Beast or not.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Wait what....

gem/rock like trike's in portent colors o.O

i really like the organic red one god I really need to ditch some pets XD
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Huh...? The bat model is bat-enough to associate as a bat in my mind, I mean, I've... never questioned it? OK...

Also yeah I'm torn between the white and brown/orange organic dire horns at the moment... I'll have to see them in action before I can really decide.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Warcraft by no means needs or is obligated to adhere to real life standards according to the physical appearance and habitat of the animals they base their creatures off of. So can we stop criticizing them like they are children? I like the bats as they are. I would love for a re-texture, but i like their model as a whole. I also like the gargoyles, well, the ones where the mane isnt an unfinished block around the neck. Again, a re-texture would be beautiful but as a whole they are fine to me. Especially since gargoyles are by no means a real life living breathing creature. They are fantasy. They are allowed to look like whatever the hell they want.

Now that thats taken care of;

I absolutely love. Just love. The green and copper Direhorn, the red Direhorn, and the black and blue Devilsaur's. Problem is i cant play BM for the life of me (a considerable difference in dps when im BM opposed to my fav, MM) so sadly, no new devilsaurs for me ;_; and if Direhorn's become exotic creatures, i'll be waving goodbye to them too :( I dont sit around the cities or even just the game itself doing casual things long enough to be able to swap out and enjoy the shiny pets BM's get before deciding to do something productive in the wild. Only time im ever BM is when i reeeeeeaaaally really want to have a spirit beast at my side or if im lvling a non-maxed character up /sad

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Hnngh! So many skins... but I can only have one of each type!

Maybe..? Where is this model viewer? I'll have to check out each color's animations...
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Xakaal wrote:Warcraft by no means needs or is obligated to adhere to real life standards according to the physical appearance and habitat of the animals they base their creatures off of. So can we stop criticizing them like they are children? I like the bats as they are. I would love for a re-texture, but i like their model as a whole. I also like the gargoyles, well, the ones where the mane isnt an unfinished block around the neck. Again, a re-texture would be beautiful but as a whole they are fine to me. Especially since gargoyles are by no means a real life living breathing creature. They are fantasy. They are allowed to look like whatever the hell they want.

Now that thats taken care of;

I absolutely love. Just love. The green and copper Direhorn, the red Direhorn, and the black and blue Devilsaur's. Problem is i cant play BM for the life of me (a considerable difference in dps when im BM opposed to my fav, MM) so sadly, no new devilsaurs for me ;_; and if Direhorn's become exotic creatures, i'll be waving goodbye to them too :( I dont sit around the cities or even just the game itself doing casual things long enough to be able to swap out and enjoy the shiny pets BM's get before deciding to do something productive in the wild. Only time im ever BM is when i reeeeeeaaaally really want to have a spirit beast at my side or if im lvling a non-maxed character up /sad
I think her point is its one thing to call something a name when it looks almost nothing like it. The bats look like bats in the faces imo and thats it. I absolutely hate their current models because of their wings. The wings get to me if they were fixed I'd like them a lot more. I mean I'm on the boat of if you're gunna say it looks like a real animal or call it by a real animals name then make it look like that animal. I wouldnt want something called a Junglecat but looking like a wild dog. A gargoyle is quite another thing though as many different gargoyle types have been drawn and sculpted. I'm all for the mroe classic/gothic ones myself like you find perched on old buildings.

That being said I love the new blue devilsaur hes so pretty. I hope you can tame him and the white direhorn is gorgeous too.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

IF these are dire horns..., the red, blue or green are tempting. I'm still not getting my hopes up they'll be tamable. As for the devilsaur...dat black one!