Patch 5.3.16781 New Titan Model And other

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: Patch 5.3.16781 New Titan Model And other

Unread post by Sasrei »

Oooo I really like the dragonhawk, the alliance more then the horde but both are nice. Seeing armored dragonhawks makes me wish that they would put back that skin :( I still want that pet lol.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:The faction dragonhawks aren't bad. Understated, but quite pretty and tasteful all the same :)

I'm more interested to see if there are new unarmoured textures to go along with them. For wild beasts. THAT would be exciting!

As for the horse, it seems like they just haven't got the mane right just yet. They'll probably pare it back somewhat and then use an alpha mask for finer detail. But then again maybe it's a My Little Pony :P
Haha My little death charger or something :lol:
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:As for the horse, it seems like they just haven't got the mane right just yet. They'll probably pare it back somewhat and then use an alpha mask for finer detail. But then again maybe it's a My Little Pony :P
Haha My little death charger or something :lol:
*checks calendar* Approved!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Qraljar wrote:Image
"I'm Mr. P, and I'm a Night Elf Mohorse!"
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

peanutbuttercup wrote:I guess I'm the negative Nancy then. I don't think the dragonhawks are showy or shiny enough. I was hoping they'd shoot fireworks from their head and smoke from their rears while glowing like the Tabard of the Lightbringer, something obnoxious like that. Or at least... I dunno, maybe a more colorful base skin would help. I like bright colors! Not a matter of sour grapes either as I already passed 200 mark a while back.
Nope I don't like them either, despite grey and copper being my favourite colours. But I already assumed I wouldn't since they announced we were getting another dragonhawk instead of something worthy for 200 mounts.

My feeling on this is as it's a reward for such a small portion of the playerbase, they're unable to justify spending much development time on it - which is kinda required to give us something that feels special like a new skeleton/model, or even an old recoloured model with some fancy sparkles/effects. Hence we get what's basically a recolour (sure it has some new spikes stuck on its back, whatever).

Funny how the arena one looks pretty good though based upon on that assumption. WTT being able to swap this dragonhawk that for the white cloudserpent?

Or you could always be cynical and say why would they make us a new flashy model for 200 mounts, when they could make that same model, put it up on the cash shop/1 year sub plan and make silly amounts of $ out of it (like a certain fairy dragon I'm still holding my breath waiting to see the source for).

Now that would have been worthy for the 200 mount achievement. :(

/rant
/sigh

I am intrigued by this pegasus thing though!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

My money is on this pegasus being the new annual pass reward, tbh.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Myzou wrote:My money is on this pegasus being the new annual pass reward, tbh.
Hah, I was putting the faerie dragon up for that honour! With of course, a complimentary matching pet and early entry to the Hearthstone beta.

That is assuming it's not an open beta - not sure I have zero interest unless it's added as a mini game inside WoW; sure someone with more interest knows.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Kaiarra wrote:My feeling on this is as it's a reward for such a small portion of the playerbase, they're unable to justify spending much development time on it - which is kinda required to give us something that feels special like a new skeleton/model, or even an old recoloured model with some fancy sparkles/effects. Hence we get what's basically a recolour (sure it has some new spikes stuck on its back, whatever).
Yeah, that makes sense. And I wasn't expecting a new skeleton or anything that extreme - technically adding the armor is a reskin, but it's... just not something that screams "Look at me, I'm a mount junkie!"

Looking at them again, I think it would've been cool enough if they could have made the base skin metallic or glossy (brass and pewter respectively?) or added maybe like a floating flame over their heads like on the Feldrake or something. Little things like that would make it really special without going overboard.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

peanutbuttercup wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. And I wasn't expecting a new skeleton or anything that extreme - technically adding the armor is a reskin, but it's... just not something that screams "Look at me, I'm a mount junkie!"

Looking at them again, I think it would've been cool enough if they could have made the base skin metallic or glossy (brass and pewter respectively?) or added maybe like a floating flame over their heads like on the Feldrake or something. Little things like that would make it really special without going overboard.
To be fair I would be content if the mount has some gorgeous particle effects - think al'ar/dark phoenix trails, heart of the aspect/winged guardian golden white glow and trail, star pony/dragon stars, quilen green glow and trail, the faerie dragon rainbow sparkles, etc.

I mean, I suppose it's possible they will, and they just haven't been finished yet... I just can't quite see what they would even add to that model that wouldn't look silly (those sort of things would have fit on a phoenix, kirin or dragon better than a dragonhawk). At best we might get a mountspecial we won't even see most of the time.

Wish they'd spent the time working on separate horde/alli models to make one more... inspiring mount for both factions.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I take back what I've said in the "200mt reward" thread.

I
NEED
DAT
DRAGONHAWK
<3

The steel horse looks great, although I'm not sure about it's tail... oh well :P

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

With all of the shiny mounts being added, if they make one an Annual Pass reward...call me a sucker and reel me in for another year.

Especially since that pegasus is definitely based on the Invincible skeleton. Awyiss.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Very nice models for the dragonhawks, and like Wain I am holding out hope that we may see an unarmoured one in the wild some day. :)
The undead horse thing is gorgeous as well.
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

As Alliance all I can say about the Dragonhawks is... meh. Not very impressed really, they look nice yes, but I do not like the colours and I can see that although they are a bit more textured they are not different enough from what we already have. Here's hoping the 250 achi is WOW!

I'll make final decisions when I see them in a model viewer and if they have a /mountspecial.

I will say this though... Thank the gods it's not just some armour plonked on the 100 achi ones! :p

Really want to see the blocky horse/pegasus thing. Interested I am.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

You can see them both in modelviewer here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=211713/5-3- ... nario-loot

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

ugh I need to get 40 more mounts for this one but at loads of them are rare boss drops >_> this is going to be painful and the rest are the engineer mounts/JC mounts/mammoth and YAK mounts just cost bucket loads of gold GAH..

but it seems my intuition was right a slightly better model with faction armor on it ;P
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

For once I like the alliance one better. :D
ImageImage
Kloun
Realm: Area 51

Unread post by Kloun »

The steel warhorse mount looks like it could be an undead paladin class mount. It's pretty awesome, though. Especially if they changed the tail.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Considering the horses skeleton is floating inside the metal and glass shape, I don't think the tail looks all that bad. It woulda been a bit nicer if it was more like a diamond shape, maybe iron spikes going down the corners but it doesn't look all that bad as a whole. I'm -dying- to know where it's gonna be from, I'm all excited at the possibility of seeing Outlands and Northrend phasing for lvl 90's doing certain quest lines (of course they'd need to have options for people to abandon and reacquire said quests to phase back into the era that outlands was set in that we currently see today). :)

Pegasus Horse has one hell of a mohawk going on :lol: I just want to paint him up in glowing rainbow colors and call him rave pony XD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

The more I look at that horse, the more I think it's a Ghost Iron horse, or perhaps a Living Steel horse... Blacksmith mount??

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

When can I make a LW mount?? Something like this would work. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... achine.png :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rawr on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.