Mend Pet Glyph Nerf...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Mend Pet Glyph Nerf...

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I was quickly on PTR and it basically heals your pet it's full health in 5 seconds flat. The 5 second cooldown is about 2.5x longer then the current heal tick of 2 seconds on live. I still have to go and try and solo something to see how it works.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

AdamSavage wrote:I was quickly on PTR and it basically heals your pet it's full health in 5 seconds flat. The 5 second cooldown is about 2.5x longer then the current heal tick of 2 seconds on live. I still have to go and try and solo something to see how it works.
Heals you pet to full health? What % was your pet health to begin with before you cast Mend pet. Any way to work out how much the glyph version heals for?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
AdamSavage

SpiritBinder wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:I was quickly on PTR and it basically heals your pet it's full health in 5 seconds flat. The 5 second cooldown is about 2.5x longer then the current heal tick of 2 seconds on live. I still have to go and try and solo something to see how it works.
Heals you pet to full health? What % was your pet health to begin with before you cast Mend pet. Any way to work out how much the glyph version heals for?
uhh I guess I didn't pay attention to that. I went out and tested it out on Isle of the Giants and I was wrong about 100% healing. When my pet was not taking damage, he was at 34% and I was able to bring him to 94% in 5 seconds with the heal in tank spec. For the Primal Direhorn Hatchling I didn't need to heal pet at all. This because of my gear though. This applies to PTR and LIVE

The bottom line, from what I can see this might be a slight buff and not a nerf. The current pet mend you have to basically spam it to keep the pet up. The one on the PTR is more forgiving if you are not right on pet mend, the instant it's off cooldown. The quicker healing really helps.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Maybe they've baked the 60% boost into Mend pet by default now?
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

hmmmm...to stop hunters getting gold for tanking in proven grounds?
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Well if that’s the case, that’s just Awesome, yet another element in the mix to bring on yet even more nerfs. Maybe they should just disable glyphs in Proving grounds? Or better yet, how about design with the pre-existing in mind, rather than being lazy and nerfing anything that they can be bothered dealing with.
Also if this is the case, they better be doing something equally so to warlocks, they are already a superior DPS/Pet Tanking combo.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Harvoc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Unread post by Harvoc »

Morven wrote:I suspect this is another PVP nerf, but they need to make it apply only in rated PVP if so.
...How in the world is this a PvP nerf? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY ever used the Glyph of Mending EVER in PvP. EVER.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Sar wrote:Maybe they've baked the 60% boost into Mend pet by default now?
Based on what the Rainbow bird said, it sounds like the patch notes might be behind the PTR build, or he might have been referencing a coming PTR build.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Harvoc wrote:
Morven wrote:I suspect this is another PVP nerf, but they need to make it apply only in rated PVP if so.
...How in the world is this a PvP nerf? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY ever used the Glyph of Mending EVER in PvP. EVER.
Besides, a faster heal should be a PVP buff.
AdamSavage

I just checked ptr quickly, and the tooltip still says 25% of it's health over 5 seconds, and blood of the Rino is the same on live and ptr. Each tick on ptr is about 28k in healing for me, and the pet has a total of 372,957 HP

Dr. Who Video!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

OK so I will add my comparison to this. I have Glyph of Spirit Bond (and spirit bond talent) through all of this, so that adds an additional 10% healing. My pet is at 338k as Ferocity and 379k as Tenacity on both PTR and live.

So the Mending glyph on PTR and no Mending glyph on live heal for the same amount overall, it just changes when and how fast the healing occurs.

Live:
On a Tenacity pet, it ticked 29,188 every 2 for 10, for a total of 145,940 over 10.
On a Ferocity pet, it ticked 18,615 every 2 for 10, for a total of 93,075.

On PTR, the glyph doesn't affect how much the pet is healed for of course, so the totals are identical, it is just the timing that differs.

So for Tenacity, it is 145,910 healing over 5 seconds, and then 5 seconds with no Mend Pet healing.
Ferocity is then 93,075 over 5, and 5 with nothing.

On live, this is what the Mending glyph (with bonus healing) ticks...

On a Tenacity pet, thats 46,702 every 2 seconds for 10, for a total of 233,510 HP over 10 seconds.
On a Ferocity pet, thats 29,784 every 2 seconds for 10, for a total of 148,920 HP over 10 seconds.

Thats a difference, on Tenacity pets, of 87.5k over the 10 seconds. On Ferocity, its around 55k difference over 10 seconds. I can't imagine they will just force us to lose this. My guess is they will bake some of the bonus healing from Mending into Mend Pet itself, and then bake the rest into another glyph, like Animal Bond.

I suspect with this situational glyph added, that we will get maybe 80% of our bonus healing back in some way, but I dont think itll be as high. Kinda like a trade off. NO IDEA WHATSOEVER though.

Edit: Spirit Bond heals for 3% every 2 seconds on PTR. Considering the loss of healing from mending is 55 - 87k over 10 seconds, the bonus from the extra 5% over 10 seconds from the passive Spirit Bond bonus is at least 17k of the missing healing (comparing against the same pet I used above). Not much but a start.
Last edited by Quiv on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Banard wrote:hmmmm...to stop hunters getting gold for tanking in proven grounds?
Damage on the pet isnt a problem on the tank Proving Ground scenario, its keeping things off the NPC. MD threat is wonky in the tank version of the proving ground.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

According to Lore, it's a tooltip error.
Glyph of Mending now speeds up the periodic effect of Mend Pet to restore health to the pet every 1 second doubling the total amount healed over 10 seconds.
So it's just going to speed up how fast it heals now, rather than increasing the amount healed.

So it's... kind of nerfing the burst of heals from mend pet.
AdamSavage

Rygarius wrote:The plan is that the glyph will make the Mend Pet tick twice as fast, last the same duration effectively doubling the amount healed, and no cooldown. However, I must append the caveat that things on the PTR may be subject to change.

Dr. Who Video!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Its more than a tooltip error on the PTR. It applies a 10 second CD as well. Makes me wonder how its going to work, if it simply doubles the ticks and they tick faster, thats an across the board buff, no questions asked: faster healer, more effective healing, greater overall healing.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Quivering wrote:OK so I will add my comparison to this. I have Glyph of Spirit Bond (and spirit bond talent) through all of this, so that adds an additional 10% healing. My pet is at 338k as Ferocity and 379k as Tenacity on both PTR and live.

So the Mending glyph on PTR and no Mending glyph on live heal for the same amount overall, it just changes when and how fast the healing occurs.

Live:
On a Tenacity pet, it ticked 29,188 every 2 for 10, for a total of 145,940 over 10.
On a Ferocity pet, it ticked 18,615 every 2 for 10, for a total of 93,075.

On PTR, the glyph doesn't affect how much the pet is healed for of course, so the totals are identical, it is just the timing that differs.

So for Tenacity, it is 145,910 healing over 5 seconds, and then 5 seconds with no Mend Pet healing.
Ferocity is then 93,075 over 5, and 5 with nothing.

On live, this is what the Mending glyph (with bonus healing) ticks...

On a Tenacity pet, thats 46,702 every 2 seconds for 10, for a total of 233,510 HP over 10 seconds.
On a Ferocity pet, thats 29,784 every 2 seconds for 10, for a total of 148,920 HP over 10 seconds.

Thats a difference, on Tenacity pets, of 87.5k over the 10 seconds. On Ferocity, its around 55k difference over 10 seconds. I can't imagine they will just force us to lose this. My guess is they will bake some of the bonus healing from Mending into Mend Pet itself, and then bake the rest into another glyph, like Animal Bond.

I suspect with this situational glyph added, that we will get maybe 80% of our bonus healing back in some way, but I dont think itll be as high. Kinda like a trade off. NO IDEA WHATSOEVER though.

Edit: Spirit Bond heals for 3% every 2 seconds on PTR. Considering the loss of healing from mending is 55 - 87k over 10 seconds, the bonus from the extra 5% over 10 seconds from the passive Spirit Bond bonus is at least 17k of the missing healing (comparing against the same pet I used above). Not much but a start.
Is all of those calculations with Spirit Bond added? That's a BM ability right? I don't play in BM at all anymore so this'll be an even greater loss to people like me who play MM or Surv D:

And being forged for MM, it's impossible for me to play BM as my dps completely bottoms out to hardly anything, specially cause I'm a really bad BM player to begin with so sadly it's not so easy for me to be able to switch to BM for fights that need it. I do all my tanking in MM specc ._. I really hope that this gets figured out and we don't find ourselves completely useless. All I ever do anymore on my maxed hunter is farm old dungeons and raids, nothing to do anymore as I'm not fond of PvP or 10-25man current raids. I haven't been in a LFR since like, december so its not exactly something I enjoy with much enthusiasm either. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

It did have Spirit Bond active but Spirit Bond is a talent that any spec can take. The purpose of the test was to compare the two data points, not the actual numbers themselves. Pets with lower health will have smaller ticks, for example, but the comparison percentage will still be the same, within reasonable margins of error of course.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

/sigh I will need a new glyph then... I just don't understand why would they change it. Were we hurting anyone or what?

Of course, those blood(y) DKs will keep soloing warbringers&co. while laughing in our face. And warlocks, let's not forget the warlocks...

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

When they get it working as intended on the PTR, it will a buff across the board.

On live, with the current version of Mend Pet (on a 388k HP pet and Spirit Bond talent):

When new intended (no CD) version of Mend Pet glyph goes on PTR, it will be
Tenacity: 29,188 every second for 10 seconds, for a total of 291,880 over 10.
Ferocity: 18,615 every second for 10 seconds, for a total of 186,150 over 10.

If the new version of the glyph they intend makes it live, it will be an across the board buff in every category.

This will be on top of the Spirit Bond buff already on PTR. :)

Of course its PTR, they can change their mind at any whim, but their current intentions are buff buff buff.
Slickrock

Quivering wrote:When they get it working as intended on the PTR, it will a buff across the board.

On live, with the current version of Mend Pet (on a 388k HP pet and Spirit Bond talent):

When new intended (no CD) version of Mend Pet glyph goes on PTR, it will be
Tenacity: 29,188 every second for 10 seconds, for a total of 291,880 over 10.
Ferocity: 18,615 every second for 10 seconds, for a total of 186,150 over 10.

If the new version of the glyph they intend makes it live, it will be an across the board buff in every category.

This will be on top of the Spirit Bond buff already on PTR. :)

Of course its PTR, they can change their mind at any whim, but their current intentions are buff buff buff.
We'll just need to remind them if it's not working yet. 8-)

Probably need to wait for the next PTR build as well.