[Spoiler] Raptors and Pheonix

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: [Spoiler] Raptors and Pheonix

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:Eeee skeletal raptors! Need one right now! :D
/throws the raptor skull from earlier at Veph
You have one! You don't like my handiwork! *sob*

Mmm, bone raptor would be nice. I would name him BONESAW!

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Wow, I never expected bone Raptor mounts, very cool.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Vicario
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar (US), Wyrmrest Accord (US), Vek'nilash (US)

Unread post by Vicario »

Kastarakovski wrote:...
I know what Kas's next mount conquest will be. GORGEOUS skeletal raptor. Named BONEY!

[and for anyone who gets the reference, a cookie jar bequeathed in your name =D]
LolMother3.

I also want a BONESTORM Raptor. But then again, everyone does.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

I gotta say I like those raptors. =D One of the first things that came to mind was "it'd be nice if there was a raptor non-combat pet to go with them".
Was browsing through wowleaks today and found this image...

Pretty cute in a bony/toothy sort of way. xD

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

They don't like hot linking anymore i think. o_o I think I had seen it but I didn't mention it... been tired.. Did you mean this guy though?

I think it's adorable! I love toothy things so much. <3
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I WANT IT!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

That bone raptor is going to be riiiight up my alley, along with Archeology, since I'm a Paleontology nerd.

I'm not crazy about the phoenix re-skin, though, and would prefer if that mount just stayed unique. =/
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

MINIPET?! AHMG!!!!!!!! *clings to tiny skeleton raptor*
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

omg undead raptor baby! Adorable! Archeology here I come!
Ahh digging up and reanimating undead dinosaurs...did we learn nothing form Jurassic park?
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

and like them at this moment buuuut once people start to get them like crazy in cataclysum it will start looking boring like that starry pegasus
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

rubybeam wrote:and like them at this moment buuuut once people start to get them like crazy in cataclysum it will start looking boring like that starry pegasus
I happen to like my pegasus, to me it dosent matter if someone else has the mount, you should like it because YOU like it. Thats like riding on a Ulduar proto just because barely anybody has it and secretly thinking to yourself "I hate this thing.." I'd never do it - I ride a mount because I like it ;)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

Pegasus bugs me because it's not properly finished and has some bad animation. To sell something like that is awful and to make so much money and still not fix it is moreso! :(
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Fael wrote:Pegasus bugs me because it's not properly finished and has some bad animation. To sell something like that is awful and to make so much money and still not fix it is moreso! :(
They fixed him last patch he now scales properly with size at least. I noticed when I hoped on him from my night elf he used to be so much tinier than her but he isnt now.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Ah yup that's the pet. =D
Looks like that images won't work directly from the site now.

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Nevar wrote:
rubybeam wrote:and like them at this moment buuuut once people start to get them like crazy in cataclysum it will start looking boring like that starry pegasus
I happen to like my pegasus, to me it dosent matter if someone else has the mount, you should like it because YOU like it. Thats like riding on a Ulduar proto just because barely anybody has it and secretly thinking to yourself "I hate this thing.." I'd never do it - I ride a mount because I like it ;)
*thank you* for saying that-- I get so damn tired of hearing things like:
"Ew, the sparkle pony is everywhere, how can you ride it? Why did you waste the money?
etc, ad infinitum..

Personally, I adore my pegasus-- she is just so pretty, and I kinda giggle every time I see the starry trail as I race off. She cost me as much as a pizza and a beer night might cost someone else, and guess what, now every toon I will EVER make has a mount! And a neat one that I can use to integrate into their past! So what if it is everywhere-- so is the bronze drake, and guess what, I love THAT as well... and hell, t10 is everywhere... and so are wolf pets... and so are LOADS of things up to and including the SAME APPEARANCE IN TOONS -- its not like there are unlimited amounts of personalization in this game.

If you like it, get it, if you think it was a waste of cash or hate it, do what some people do when they see someone with an expensive purse, or expensive makeup, or a sports car, or whatever-- let them enjoy it without forcing your horror at them buying it go unstated. Why insist you need to inform them how YOU think it is crappy? ::shaking head::
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

I loved how it looked, just not how it works. After buying it I felt kinda cheated... animation is something I really like and seeing a horse with floppy hooves that bend and stretch the wrong way, forelegs that flip like a hinged trapdoor while jumping when all the other horses jump well and harsh angular bending to the wings in flight when dragon wings are done so nicely is frustrating. The forelegs are also strange and bulgy, as though they just copied the hindlegs and dragged them forewards, this is in comparison to other horse creature in game. Just all these bits and pieces that make it feel like a rushed job and not given the attention so many other great mounts have. To sell this is sad. I know others are happy and that is great, but I think it's a very amateur job.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

I love it if not for the fact that its pretty but especially because of the way it runs and jumps - this song pops in my head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI- Alwaaaaaaaaaaaaays I wanna be with yoooooooooou, make believe with yoooooooooou /sway :lol:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I noticed the same glaring animation errors when Invincible's model was first released. They pretty much took the Hippogriff skeleton and forced a horse shape onto it...the animations don't fit at all, and the legs are all sorts of wrong. That's why I don't care for the sparkly horse or Invincible. Especially for the end-game mount drop, it seems like Blizzard could have put forth the effort to make unique animations for a flying horse instead of stuffing it onto the skeleton of the hippogriff which doesn't match anatomically at all.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

they changed how it runs a bit.instead of staying level when over tilted ground it now moves like a kodo.every little bump or rock makes it lean to one side or the other...
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Vephriel wrote:I noticed the same glaring animation errors when Invincible's model was first released. They pretty much took the Hippogriff skeleton and forced a horse shape onto it...the animations don't fit at all, and the legs are all sorts of wrong. That's why I don't care for the sparkly horse or Invincible. Especially for the end-game mount drop, it seems like Blizzard could have put forth the effort to make unique animations for a flying horse instead of stuffing it onto the skeleton of the hippogriff which doesn't match anatomically at all.
Exactly why I don't like them. Hippogryph skin on a hippogryph model is fine. Horse skin on a hippogryph model is not fine. It just looks weird to me.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.