ENGINEERING AND HUNTERS AND YOU

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: ENGINEERING AND HUNTERS AND YOU

Unread post by Kalliope »

Renle wrote:
How awesome is it that I can port to Gadgetzan, Toshley's Station,
I dropped Skinning on my hunter a few months ago and picked up engineering just for the gadgets. I was able to feed it with a mining alt (the only think DK's are good for imo lol *runs away from angry DK's*)
However, I didn't know about this, how do?
Gnomish engineers can port to Gadget and Toshley's. Goblin engineers can port to Everlook and Area 52. You need to go to the transporters in those cities and talk to the engineer who can teach you how to make the trinkets that do so.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Renle »

Gnomish engineers can port to Gadget and Toshley's. Goblin engineers can port to Everlook and Area 52. You need to go to the transporters in those cities and talk to the engineer who can teach you how to make the trinkets that do so.
Oh, nice :D
Thanks ^_^

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

for Toshley's station it is a bit North (i believe) of the City, that way Horde players who use it dont get mugged by the gnomes when they port in.

I think Toshley's should have been a neutral weird Outland Gnome band of trekkies instead of a Alliance weird Outland Gnome band of trekkies

I'm thinking a neat thing come Cataclysm, is that since they're doing away with Goblin and Gnomish engineering specialities (From what I've heard) in theory one could have ports to Everlook, K2, Toshleys, and Gadgetzan
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kalliope

Royi wrote:I think Toshley's should have been a neutral weird Outland Gnome band of trekkies instead of a Alliance weird Outland Gnome band of trekkies
Technically, yes, although then there wouldn't've been a second Alliance FP in the zone, which would have been bad. D: Or at least uneven. -_-

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:
Royi wrote:I think Toshley's should have been a neutral weird Outland Gnome band of trekkies instead of a Alliance weird Outland Gnome band of trekkies
Technically, yes, although then there wouldn't've been a second Alliance FP in the zone, which would have been bad. D: Or at least uneven. -_-

Ruuean Wield and the Elven city (forgot the name) or whatever it is -

I'm a 80% alliance player and I really don't care if its "uneven". I like the concept of "horde zones" and "alliance zones" - makes it more interesting to run around in as the opposing faction
Kalliope

Royi wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Ruuean Wield and the Elven city (forgot the name) or whatever it is -

I'm a 80% alliance player and I really don't care if its "uneven". I like the concept of "horde zones" and "alliance zones" - makes it more interesting to run around in as the opposing faction
Sylvanaar is the elf town. Ruuan Weald is neutral, as it's another Cenarion Expedition quest hub.

I like the concept of "horde" and "alliance" zones as well, but I have long been aware of Horde getting extra flight paths and other various perks in comparison to the Alliance. Yes, there are a few cases where the opposite is true, but the bias is generally in favor of the Horde.

YouTube Edition

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Aside the teleporter gnome, there's nothing about Star Trek in that place. It's actually a mix between Star Wars and Star Ship Troopers. The name of the place and one of the quest chain is based on the first Star Wars movie (Episode 4), and the ravager invasion event is based on Star Ship Trooper.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=30690

<3 that thing! :lol:
ImageImage
Katzbalger
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Katzbalger »

Mr. Perfect wrote: At any rate, I'd probably leap to my death a countless number of times if I couldn't use the flexweave underlay anymore...
This. Engineering makes you money by saving on death-by-falling repair bills! :P
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Aside the teleporter gnome, there's nothing about Star Trek in that place. It's actually a mix between Star Wars and Star Ship Troopers. The name of the place and one of the quest chain is based on the first Star Wars movie (Episode 4), and the ravager invasion event is based on Star Ship Trooper.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=30690

<3 that thing! :lol:

I love starship troopers. Didn't they make a direct to video sequel? Maybe I should watch that for some laughs
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

The first sequel sucks. The second on isn't very good, but it's immensely much more watchable than the first one.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

My Hunter is an engineer and I love it. The Rocket Boots tinker is especially very useful when I'm raiding in ICC and need to move suddenly (like in Blood Prince's, PP, or Sindragosa). And what engineer *hasn't* jumped out of the Dalaran sewer pipe or of the edge just to play with their parachute cloak? That can actually be entertaining as a Hunter when you activate it and start shooting some random mob on the ground. And of course, who doesn't want a Turbo Charged Flying Machine? They're like a big middle finger to the Cenarion Circle/Expedition with all the CO2 they put out ;)

One thing that pisses me off, though, is this: My Paladin is an Inscriptionist, and whenever I use Scrolls of Recall 1 (which become "unpredictable" after level 40), I'm teleported to a random zone somewhere in the old world. I've used them and ended up in Tanaris, Swamp of Sorrows, Hillsbrad, Thunderbluff, Undercity, and other fun places. Only a couple of times has it materialized me in mid-air, but hey, that's what Divine Shield is for. And they only have a 20 minute cool down.

Anyways, here's the main question at hand...WHY THE **** DOESN'T MY ENGINEER HAVE A RANDOM TELEPORTER THAT DOES THIS?!?!?! Why do my teleporters only take me to specific places (Gadgetzan, Everlook, Toshley's, Area 52) or to just random parts of Northrend? I demand a Teleport Any Random Direction In Space device that will teleport me to a random zone anywhere in Azeroth or Outlands in Cataclysm, demmit :)
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Sigrah wrote:They're like a big middle finger to the Cenarion Circle/Expedition with all the CO2 they put out ;)
My flying machine actually has a BP logo on the side...
Sigrah wrote:Anyways, here's the main question at hand...WHY THE **** DOESN'T MY ENGINEER HAVE A RANDOM TELEPORTER THAT DOES THIS?!?!?! Why do my teleporters only take me to specific places (Gadgetzan, Everlook, Toshley's, Area 52) or to just random parts of Northrend? I demand a Teleport Any Random Direction In Space device that will teleport me to a random zone anywhere in Azeroth or Outlands in Cataclysm, demmit :)
Agree. A random teleporter would be amazing! Or how about a:

Gnomish Goawayinator
(Teleports party member to random location... Don't worry its safe... for you...)
Kalliope

Sigrah wrote:And what engineer *hasn't* jumped out of the Dalaran sewer pipe or of the edge just to play with their parachute cloak?
I haven't.

But I *have* accidentally misjudged a few disengages in EotS and activated my cloak for extra distance....and flown off the edge into the center. Nothing like falling forever to change your perspective on engineering, right?

(Nope! Cause this has happened multiple times. xD)

YouTube Edition

Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Renle »

Gnomish Goawayinator
(Teleports party member to random location... Don't worry its safe... for you...)
This! Oh please this xD

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^