How are YOU preparing for Cata?...

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: How are YOU preparing for Cata?...

Unread post by Royi »

Kikanu wrote:1. Collecting Bijous and Tome of Polymorph : Turtle from Zul'Gurub (got both mounts)
2. Farm heroics for badges (currently 238 triumph badges across my main and hunter alone)
3. Naked dance in Stormwind for gold
Is the Polymorph Turtle spell going away????
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
valkyros
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel Eu

Unread post by valkyros »

Royi wrote:
Kikanu wrote:1. Collecting Bijous and Tome of Polymorph : Turtle from Zul'Gurub (got both mounts)
2. Farm heroics for badges (currently 238 triumph badges across my main and hunter alone)
3. Naked dance in Stormwind for gold
Is the Polymorph Turtle spell going away????

seeing as Zul'Gurub is going away as a raid and there isn't much known about it at the moment, it's probably safer to farm it to be sure :)
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Gems, lots and lots of gems................also glyphs..............and more gems.............enchants.........and more gems :mrgreen:

AbsoluteGeek

Unread post by AbsoluteGeek »

First off, new to these forums. I have been participating in the PTR and the changes have me excited about my hunter again. BM Hunters rule at level 80 and the focus mechanic works wonderfully. I am looking to start a new baby Worgen, Hunter in Cata. My question is will the two mail heirlooms still have int or will they be reforgable? Anybody know? I don't have them in the PTR and have yet to reforge anything.
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

The same way I prepare for everything; By drinking a lot. ;)

Leveling my priesty and farming the ZG Raptor Mount.... and drinking.

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Mkoll
Realm: moonrunner

Unread post by Mkoll »

I still need both zg mounts
I have been farming the tome of polymorph turtle for a couple months, i have sold 4 for 1.5k each and have 2 in the bank :)
I want the 4 dragon whelplings
and I have lots of gold to make ( I only have 15k :/ ) and lots of pets to tame...
TobiasX
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by TobiasX »

Switched to Mining / Jewelcrafting on hunter.
Maxing out other professions on all chars.
Sorting out gold.
Picking which skins to get for my 16 buff pets in Cata :P
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

Farming the ZG mounts, saving up gold. Um...I think that's all lol.
Wut?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd like to say I want to go farm a handful of minipets I still need, try to complete all the old school Dungeon/Raid achievements, save up gold for things in the future....but the reality is I'm probably too lazy to go and do all of that, so it's mostly wishful thinking. x)
hayz hunter
Realm: twisting nether

Unread post by hayz hunter »

Golden wrote:- pre-order the CE (still haven't done it, fail! XD)
- finish Loremaster on my main
- get used to the Focus changes
- farm the Zulian Tiger for myself and Razzashi Raptor and Rivendare's Deathcharger for Siliner
- collect the mats to summon Gezzarak
- level my Priest to 78, leave all other alts as they are now

why is the mount from strat going???
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Rawr wrote:Gems, lots and lots of gems................also glyphs..............and more gems.............enchants.........and more gems :mrgreen:
I'd be selling most if not all of that.. remember, glyphs are changing.. you won't need to reuse them over and over.. learn once and done.

I'm totally clearing house, and plan on making gold with the new mats in the early rush.

-----

I'm thinking about it more, and I'm going to likely shelve one hunter until the other is capped out. I won't have the time to work on 2, especially with 25 stable slots to fill :shock: Naak is gonna be getting a long rest (unless leveling in BGs works again).

I'm going to completely shelve my paladin. Only reason I'm not deleting him is he is my JC, and will hopefully be able to learn the new patterns.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

1. Hit ZG a few more times to try for the tiger/raptor mounts. Won't cry if I miss them.
2. Hit Strat one more time for deathcharger's reins. After I'm full exalted, I just don't want to see that place again. I'm horde now, so lets face it, there's other skele horses. I'll live :P
3. Taming spree. Still haven't got all my planned stables filled. Been hoping we'd get a massive pet pass that added more skins. I didn't want to plan for much when I know I'll opt for new skins on some beasties.
4. Raise a few Reps. Apparently for some of the guild perks you need lots of exalteds.
5. Run all the old dungeons. Just need Diremaul for classic dungeonmaster. Need ZG, BWL and the AQs.
6. As someone very wisely stated above, champion writs are going to be teh win when gobbie rep comes out and I WILL be snagging a trike.
7. Sell all my mats before release. I had a few around just to put better chants on my heirlooms, but for some strange reason, you can't put 60+ chants on heirlooms. /shrug
8. Hit random achieves and dailies to bide my time. Always happy to pass around the brew come this time of year :)
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

i'm farming ZG right now on my paladin and hunter for the Tiger boss, i think i'll start on farming on my DK for the Turtle Tome (he has the fishing stuff needed for that).

Once cata comes out i'm going to quit for about 6 months... I'm probably the only one taking a break once it comes out.

~I figure why get in the huge rush to 85 with highly inflated mats and things. 6 months later the game has cooled down a bit and other people will know dungeons and raids enough by then to make PUGS wipe less on the first 10 man raid bosses
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Farming badges, ZG Mount, checking out rares for possible future tames. I also need to sort a group to finish up drake achi's on my Lock (only 3 left).
Wondering if there is any confirmed information on if we're going to get the extended stables before Cata...????

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

SgtMakkie wrote:Farming badges, ZG Mount, checking out rares for possible future tames. I also need to sort a group to finish up drake achi's on my Lock (only 3 left).
Wondering if there is any confirmed information on if we're going to get the extended stables before Cata...????
The new stables will come in patch 4.0 which brings in all the class changes and upgrades the game to Cataclysm mechanics, which will be prior to the actual release of the game. Just how prior no one knows however.
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Renle »

ZG, ZG, and moar ZG!
I still don't have that tiger and I've been farming for him for over half a year now ;~;
And half of me keeps telling myself that bliz wouldn't just get rid of our ability to farm up these mounts (now that they are leaning towards not making mounts unattainable anymore) but I know I would kick myself if I didn't use every possible raid re-set to kill Thekal, and they removed him. -.-

Besides that I've kinda wound down on my raiding routine. Having a new job has helped this >.>
(Sadly I still don't even have Kingslayer. I'm a slacker)

And I've already sold off most of my mats and whatnot, so currently I'm just floating around grinding reps, and farming mounts xP

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I dropped JC for Eng today. Cost me about 3k in gold. Took about a hour or so of grinding to get Jeves resp to drop.
Noba
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Noba »

1. wondering if it is november 2 yet
2. selling off wotlk mats and maxing any stray professions
3. dreaming about what 20-some pets to run out and tame
4. working on a few reps for guild perk items and leveling lock alt when motivated
5. runs for zg mounts
6. trying to scheme about what items may sell big in early cata in hopes of not being poor :D
7. raiding only when forced to by guild because it feels pointless now
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Trying to gain gold and desperately trying to lvl my pally. I want one of those pet knights that helps me tank and looks like an angel so bad.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Continuing to sell off everything that I won't use, except preparing to make a ton of gems when 4.0.1 hits.
Account has been closed at user's request.