Best cinamatic ever

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Best cinamatic ever

Unread post by Lisaara »

WoW isnt about pvp....ugh what morons.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

SO full of Dragony goodness. :D god I cant wait for Dec.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

That was fantastic! My favorite part is seeing the areas we all know and what happens to them, especially the last part with Stormwind. :D

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Taluwen wrote:WoW isnt about pvp....ugh what morons.
But it's the only part of the game some people care about, and they want Blizzard to get rid of all the non-PvP content and make more PvP-oriented cinematics like Vanilla and BC had. The only thing that matters in their eyes is the Alliance vs Horde part of the game, and the reasons for it happening, the greater threats looming over all, and everything else be damned.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ellaran wrote:
But it's the only part of the game some people care about, and they want Blizzard to get rid of all the non-PvP content and make more PvP-oriented cinematics like Vanilla and BC had. The only thing that matters in their eyes is the Alliance vs Horde part of the game, and the reasons for it happening, the greater threats looming over all, and everything else be damned.
Hate to tell them that the lore came before the pvp and I think an aspect trying to burn your home to the ground or a king raising your citizens and family from the dead is little more important. It's an MMORPG. Go play Runescape if you wanna kill people, or any non rpg. Isnt that what freakin Halo is for? or Call of Duty?

LisaaraPokefarm

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Very nice, though I think my personal favorite is the Wrath cinematic. The voice-over of Terenas Menethil was so nicely gripping, and I absolutely loved the music in the early parts of it. And while the water effects are positively awesome in the Cata cinematic, the snow and ice effects in Wrath are perfect - I can almost feel the aura of cold radiating from Sindragosa's glacier. Of course, being of Swedish origin I'm somewhat biased! =)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Taluwen wrote:
Ellaran wrote:
Hate to tell them that the lore came before the pvp and I think an aspect trying to burn your home to the ground or a king raising your citizens and family from the dead is little more important. It's an MMORPG. Go play Runescape if you wanna kill people, or any non rpg. Isnt that what freakin Halo is for? or Call of Duty?
Hate to break it to you, but a lot of people who play WoW don't give a DAMN about the lore. That's their right. PvP is different in different games, and if they like the WoW style, they're entitled to play.

People who play for lore/PvE have no right to tell the PvPers to gtfo. It's part of the game too. It just makes the lore snobs look foolish when they say things like that.

That said, it IS pretty dumb to complain that WoW advertisements are lore-based. If you PvP on WoW and are any good at understanding it, you should already know that the underlying focus of the game is toward lore/PvE, not toward PvP. There is still room for both, but from a design standpoint, Blizzard will always choose to balance PvE better than PvP, just because it affects more players. (PvPers are more likely to dabble seriously in PvE than the other way around.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Actually, we can tell them gtfo if they're the ones starting it and tell us lore-lovers to gtfo. defending our side is NOT a crime by any means.

LisaaraPokefarm

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I squeed. I actually did. My bf told me never to make that sound again. Having read every single book and piece of literature in the Warcraft universe...I had a nerdgasm. Seriously

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Antares wrote:OMG! OMG! OMG!

I squeed. I actually did. My bf told me never to make that sound again. Having read every single book and piece of literature in the Warcraft universe...I had a nerdgasm. Seriously
As did I. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Taluwen wrote:
Ellaran wrote:

Taluwen, chill out!

There is some nice discussion going on in here and opinions and banter, it's nice. Ellaran simply stated that some people actually only play wow for pvp, and are not interested in the rpg content. Blizzard have made a point about making massive amount of ally vs horde content in cata (making it feel kind of pvpish)

So I hate to tell you, DONT force your options on other people by telling them that they are wrong or belittling their opinion please. You don't have to agree with anyone on anything, but you can't tell them they are wrong, purely based on your opinion. I have mentioned this to you at least once before to open your perspective to other people on this forum, but clearly you aren't listening.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope

Taluwen wrote:Actually, we can tell them gtfo if they're the ones starting it and tell us lore-lovers to gtfo. defending our side is NOT a crime by any means.
Sure, if you want to engage in a stupid internet flame war, you can do that.

However, in this case, you brought the "gtfo" attitude to this thread and it's inappropriate and unappreciated, so I highly suggest knocking it off, lest you dig yourself an even deeper hole.

YouTube Edition

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Anyia wrote:Very nice, though I think my personal favorite is the Wrath cinematic. The voice-over of Terenas Menethil was so nicely gripping, and I absolutely loved the music in the early parts of it. And while the water effects are positively awesome in the Cata cinematic, the snow and ice effects in Wrath are perfect - I can almost feel the aura of cold radiating from Sindragosa's glacier. Of course, being of Swedish origin I'm somewhat biased! =)
I agree with ya, I personally liked the Lich King opening a little better. The atmosphere to it was perfect, the sorrow of Arthas' fall from grace, the thought of what he could have been. The cold terror as he raises his army. It flowed so well in my mind.

Not to say that this one sucks. I loved it! Deathwing felt powerful and kickass. I just loved watching his armour getting up on him. And watchign areas I've known for years get destroyed? That was pretty powerful stuff. Deathwing's voice is growing on me too methinks. XD

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Actually, we can tell them gtfo if they're the ones starting it and tell us lore-lovers to gtfo. defending our side is NOT a crime by any means.

However, in this case, you brought the "gtfo" attitude to this thread and it's inappropriate and unappreciated, so I highly suggest knocking it off, lest you dig yourself an even deeper hole.
Uh no I didnt. Please go back and read again before attacking me for something I didn't do. That's incredibly uncalled for and unappreciated. I merely commented that if they wanted a pure pvp style game, Halo and Runescape and Call of Duty was more their game rather than a lore-based RPG like world of warcraft. I never once said "all pvpers should gtfo!". I did note of their ignorance to the base of the game. I pvp on my server from time to time so it wouldn't make sense for me to 'hate' on pvpers. I'm not forcing on anyone either.
Last edited by Lisaara on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Jelani wrote:SO full of Dragony goodness. :D god I cant wait for Dec.
This ^

To hell with what idiots on YouTube say. I've been infatuated with dragons since I first read "Dragonflight" by Anne McCaffrey back when I was like 8 years old, so having my favourite video game of all time (yes, WoW has finally beat out The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time) feature the most badass dragon I've ever seen in the most exciting expansion ever... I think I'm going to cry tears of happiness!!!

And yes, compared to Deathwing, Arthas and Illidan are complete and utter bitches.

New goal in life: become a Blizzard lore writer! (I'm majoring in English and Writing -- a girl can dream!)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cerah wrote:
Jelani wrote:SO full of Dragony goodness. :D god I cant wait for Dec.
This ^

To hell with what idiots on YouTube say. I've been infatuated with dragons since I first read "Dragonflight" by Anne McCaffrey back when I was like 8 years old, so having my favourite video game of all time (yes, WoW has finally beat out The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time) feature the most badass dragon I've ever seen in the most exciting expansion ever... I think I'm going to cry tears of happiness!!!

And yes, compared to Deathwing, Arthas and Illidan are complete and utter bitches.

New goal in life: become a Blizzard lore writer! (I'm majoring in English and Writing -- a girl can dream!)
XD If you do become a lore writer for Blizzard, can you make it a mission to fix the worgen lore so it's not so confusing?

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Taluwen wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Uh no I didnt. Please go back and read again before attacking me for something I didn't do. That's incredibly uncalled for and unappreciated. I merely commented that if they wanted a pure pvp style game, Halo and Runescape and Call of Duty was more their game rather than a lore-based RPG like world of warcraft. I never once said "all pvpers should gtfo!". I did note of their ignorance to the base of the game. I pvp on my server from time to time so it wouldn't make sense for me to 'hate' on pvpers. I'm not forcing on anyone either.
I said the attitude, not the words. You are very good at bringing in a snooty "holier than thou" attitude against those who dare to disagree with you. Your tone continues to be harsh and out of line, despite numerous people warning you against such behavior both publicly and privately. It's really getting quite old and your high class trolling is not welcome here, especially since you continue to show no signs of improvement.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wasn't aware tone could be heard in text. But whatever. Apparently I'm not allowed to have any opinion. I'm suddenly a troll when I have one or agree with someone else. I'm out.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Taluwen wrote:I wasn't aware tone could be heard in text. But whatever. Apparently I'm not allowed to have any opinion. I'm suddenly a troll when I have one or agree with someone else. I'm out.
Tone CAN come across in text, which you've been told multiple times before, but chosen to ignore advisement in regards to toning it down.

You're a troll when you tell others they can't have their opinions, then attempt to backtrack when someone calls you out on it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

YouTube Edition

Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Dragon616 »

Kalliope wrote:
Taluwen wrote:I wasn't aware tone could be heard in text. But whatever. Apparently I'm not allowed to have any opinion. I'm suddenly a troll when I have one or agree with someone else. I'm out.
Tone CAN come across in text, which you've been told multiple times before, but chosen to ignore advisement in regards to toning it down.

You're a troll when you tell others they can't have their opinions, then attempt to backtrack when someone calls you out on it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Dude guys chill, this a thread about the cinematic... Not PvP people vs PvE, lets put the fighting gloves down and get back to the subject ya?

Been a fan of Deathwing since WC2, I imagined it would be hard to bring his full scale of epicness into WOW, but I was most definitely wrong! Finally a boss to be down right feared!

Let sleeping foxes lie...

And a huge Thank You to Ket Shi for the awesome Avatar and Siggy!