New yawning kitty?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New yawning kitty?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba wrote:
Taluwen wrote:
Worba wrote:Cats do lick their chops irl but it's silent.

They are fastidious little creatures. :)
they're also a lot smaller than the sabers in the game. XD
Not great cats (whose choplicking is just as quiet as their smaller cousins - the only thing that gets louder is... you guessed it! Their roar). XD
Really? Cause on animal planet, I watch Big Cat Diary and when they got really close to the lions, chop licking could be heard and it sounds similar to WoW.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:
Worba wrote:Not great cats (whose choplicking is just as quiet as their smaller cousins - the only thing that gets louder is... you guessed it! Their roar). XD
Really? Cause on animal planet, I watch Big Cat Diary and when they got really close to the lions, chop licking could be heard and it sounds similar to WoW.
Big cats don't make slobber sounds irl - just roars, coughs and grunts. Here's a good example of what a tiger sounds like when it yawns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opare2MN7xo&NR=1
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dunno...him giving that lick sounded like the ingame sound kinda.

Either way, these are fantasy sabers so maybe they slobber.

LisaaraPokefarm

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

You might have been thinking of the people clattering around in the foreground? But that was definitely all roar / no slobber...

Ultimately though as you correctly point out, it's a fantasy game and if Blizzard wants the slobber, they gets the slobber! ;)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Maybe. XD

They be slobber kittehs of impending doom! Deathwing doesn't stand a chance against their....slobber!

LisaaraPokefarm

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Golden wrote:As far as I know, all the previously silent cats have been given the Riding Tiger yawn on the beta.

Personally I'd prefer them silent over this, as I've always hated the slobbery yawn. <.<

1111th post! \o/

Yup, even the Spirit Beast Loque'nahak has been given the sloberry roar. I can't stand the cat roar-slobber sounds, and it annoys me so much because Loque is my favorite pet and the only pet I will quest with.... and now he does it DX

If anything, I thought Loque should have that spirit growl you hear if you click on har'koa (listen carefully and you'll hear it) and not some generic cat-slobber; but I would've preferred he stayed silent.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:
Golden wrote:As far as I know, all the previously silent cats have been given the Riding Tiger yawn on the beta.

Personally I'd prefer them silent over this, as I've always hated the slobbery yawn. <.<

1111th post! \o/

Yup, even the Spirit Beast Loque'nahak has been given the sloberry roar. I can't stand the cat roar-slobber sounds, and it annoys me so much because Loque is my favorite pet and the only pet I will quest with.... and now he does it DX

If anything, I thought Loque should have that spirit growl you hear if you click on har'koa (listen carefully and you'll hear it) and not some generic cat-slobber; but I would've preferred he stayed silent.
What? on Beta or live? Cause on Live, mine is quiet. o.o;

LisaaraPokefarm

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I hope they don't give ALL cats the slobber. :( I like growly Loque and quiet Gondria. If you like slobber yawn, go for it but ... I like my kitties as they are.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Novikova wrote:I hope they don't give ALL cats the slobber. :( I like growly Loque and quiet Gondria. If you like slobber yawn, go for it but ... I like my kitties as they are.
I will admit...Gondria with the slobber yawn doesn't make sense. She's a spirit. She has no slobber!

LisaaraPokefarm

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Taluwen wrote: What? on Beta or live? Cause on Live, mine is quiet. o.o;
On Beta. On live my Loque is silent as well, but on Beta... Heero is a very very noisy spirit beast @_@

Jaraii
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Jaraii »

I'm a BIGG KITTEH, hear me GIIRRRR!!!!!!!!

/sloberz

Sorry, but I think this could add some entertaining personality to our fuzzy attack kittens.

And yes I have a pet named FuzzyKitten
Last edited by Jaraii on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know why I'm smiling, but why is everyone else??

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:
Taluwen wrote: What? on Beta or live? Cause on Live, mine is quiet. o.o;
On Beta. On live my Loque is silent as well, but on Beta... Heero is a very very noisy spirit beast @_@
Oh boy....i like my spirit beasts to be silent cause...well...they're spirits....

LisaaraPokefarm

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I posted about all cats that were currently silent getting the slobber-yawn a good while back when it first showed up in beta. As I said then - if you don't like it and are on beta, raise hell about it. See if you can get them to revert the change. I certainly don't care for it, and I don't think it suits the spirit beasts in the slightest. As soon as I can get on a non-bugged character on beta, I'll be leaving feedback again that I think it shouldn't be there.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd like it if they'd allow you to have the option on your cat or not, like on your pet page.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

I've always been a big supporter of the "turning off idle sounds" option for pets (and possibly characters, cause I hate worgen sniffing sounds). It should work like DK voices in my opinion. That way if I'm grouping with a particularly annoying pet (like those dang spiders from Bloodmyst DX), I could turn it off temporarily.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:I've always been a big supporter of the "turning off idle sounds" option for pets (and possibly characters, cause I hate worgen sniffing sounds). It should work like DK voices in my opinion. That way if I'm grouping with a particularly annoying pet (like those dang spiders from Bloodmyst DX), I could turn it off temporarily.
i agree with this. :3 Personally, I like the DK noises but i can see where the yawn/slobber can get annoying for some users.

LisaaraPokefarm

virgo02
Realm: Shadowsong & Whisperwind

Unread post by virgo02 »

Omgoodness i cant stand the sound they make now when they yawn >.> my beloved Loque now irritates the hell out of me :**( must find an addon - if one exists when live comes out so i dont shriek every time my cat is out :l
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Does Skoll do the groan yawn?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

It'd be nice to get an option to turn on pet noises (Warlock, DK and Hunter), I LOVE my Corehound's sounds but I could hear him over EVERYTHING in a raid. My Corehound was louder than the boss shouting at us and another raid we had TWO Corehounds and.... dear sweet jesus. I heard nothing BUT Corehound attacks. That's probably VERY annoying to a lot of people.

Also, does Gondria do that yawn since Loque does? I was kind of on the fence about replacing my Gondria with Ghostcrawler, but if Gondria does that noise...
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Rikaku wrote:I've always been a big supporter of the "turning off idle sounds" option for pets (and possibly characters, cause I hate worgen sniffing sounds). It should work like DK voices in my opinion. That way if I'm grouping with a particularly annoying pet (like those dang spiders from Bloodmyst DX), I could turn it off temporarily.
I'd sign this. :D I don't know how many of you've got a ghost hydra, but they tend to have this awful continuous slobbery groan whenever they bite each others heads. >.> I love my hydra, but the sound makes me want to put hair out of my head whenever she's out.
Also, corehounds , spiders and devilsaurs. Fantastic pets, but I wish we could teach them to be silent sometimes.