EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by Mousie »

SylviaDragon wrote: P.S Can anyone tell me for sure if the sha-touched cats keep or lose their buff upon death? I have seen mixed reports on it and I know there are two different tigers with the buff that could skew the results.
They do indeed lose their buffs. :(
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Aww. too bad. Thanks for the quick answer. :D

Slaught
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Slaught »

Quick question. Does the Lone Hunter keep his sword buff upon death?
Mousie

Unread post by Mousie »

Slaught wrote:Quick question. Does the Lone Hunter keep his sword buff upon death?
Yes.
Mousie

Unread post by Mousie »

While taming the sha-goat, I found that, if killed in the wild, the goat loses its buff, but when tamed, keeps the buff upon death.

So the old idiom, if it loses its buff in the wild, it's a fragile-buff pet, isn't necessarily true...

Just some food for thought :)
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

THANK YOU AMBERRRR
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Cool goat, wouldn't mind one of those. grats & thanks for the find

Edit: thanks Qinni for the find -- thanks Amber for the help Ally Side
Last edited by Tilo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Gayia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands EU

Unread post by Gayia »

If you need help, feel free to add me.

Alliance EU, battletag: Witek#2477
Last edited by Gayia on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The person who descended to very personal trolling has been taken care of.

It is true that the method covered here IS an exploit and everyone here is aware of that, and that it will probably be fixed soon. But unless you use it to tame pets with buffs that are more than cosmetic then it's a relatively minor one. As people have said, use common sense. We have Blizzard staff who we know read this forum, so it's not like we're hiding anything either. We also make sure they're aware of stuff like this so it's all above board and can be fixed.

Finally, I'd really like to thank you guys for not rising to the bait and turning it nasty. You guys are awesome :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Thanks, Wain! :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lessoncollar
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Lessoncollar »

Hello Everyone.

I want to thank everyone in this guide for granting us the opportunity to get some great pets.

I made a separate thread on the forums asking about anyone's progress with taming instanced buff pets. Its a real important spot for us right now, so I thought I'd also put a post in this major thread just in case, to cover all the bases.

Does anyone have any major information regarding taming buff pets inside instances? We've heard there are 4 of them and we thought we heard people have tamed them. At this point, seeing some screenies or hearing some fellow petopians progress would be helpful.

Our progress? We've not gotten the instance buff pet we're after and we're trying a whole bag of tricks over and over again. The closest we came was having the pet tame with a ding and losing its buff and being revived immediately, versus having the buffed pet vanish on death and getting the message "Your pet is not dead." only to find nothing upon logging out and back in.

Anyone else got any stories/screenies about taming buff pets inside instances? Please and thanks!
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

@Lessoncollar;
Me and Doom tried the kitties in end time where Tyrande is, they don't have anything visual, just a nice sound, and we had no luck. I don't think it's possible to even get instanced pets.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Lessoncollar wrote:Hello Everyone.

I want to thank everyone in this guide for granting us the opportunity to get some great pets.

I made a separate thread on the forums asking about anyone's progress with taming instanced buff pets. Its a real important spot for us right now, so I thought I'd also put a post in this major threat just in case, to cover all the bases.

Does anyone have any major information regarding taming buff pets inside instances? We've heard there are 4 of them and we thought we heard people have tamed them. At this point, seeing some screenies or hearing some fellow petopians progress would be helpful.

Our progress? We've not gotten the instance buff pet we're after and we're trying a whole bag of tricks over and over again. The closest we came was having the pet tame with a ding and losing its buff and being revived immediately, versus having the buffed pet vanish on death and getting the message "Your pet is not dead." only to find nothing upon logging out and back in.

Anyone else got any stories/screenies about taming buff pets inside instances? Please and thanks!
The 4 I listed were pets that were seen with buffs and had either been added in MoP or no reports had come in of people taming them before the first/second fix of this method. People managed to tame the Sha cats before people realized being in a duel helped exponentially -- but it was hard, and it took hours and hours for some. The timing was much less forgiving than in a duel. In theory, the method could work in a dungeon, but again, it would take a very long time and since mobs don't respawn until a dungeon is reset, the effort required would be hefty. I haven't seen anyone confirming they have tamed any pets in dungeons (the confirmed 'keeps upon death' with the bat was simply a confirmed from killing the mob, as of yet there has been no permabuffed pets that don't lose their buff upon death in the wild but do as a tamed pet), but I will keep an eye out for any messages or posts.
Blackavar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Blackavar »

Kung din (If I spelled his name right :? ) -the collar tiger is looking very very tempting.... I just dont need another cat in my stables :lol:. Just got to find the time to attempt this now. Awesome job with this guide btw, will come in handy!

Grats to those who already have gotten their buff/sha/collared pets! and GL to those who like me are going to attempt it!

Ty Thorka for the amazing Sig and Avatar!

Amber
Realm: Lightbringer-US

Unread post by Amber »

I can't remember if I saw anyone try here, but any of the sleeping cats with zzzs above their heads only keep them for about a half second after the first summon. I'm sure it would have been a fragile buff anyway, but thought I'd give it a go. :)
Shadowx
Realm: Stormgard

Unread post by Shadowx »

Watcher here again and i see no point in banning the Watcher account. As ip bans etc are a bit pointless don't you think? And i was not attempting to troll before like some of you said. And i am not going to do now i am just shocked at some of you guys how the replies went from some of your members while i was just trying to explain what exploit actually was. Had long chats with few gm's and the support on the site. So i can make you aware at what you are doing is an exploit and violates the terms of use. If people report you even if you just got the pet for visual looks that you are in risk of getting a ban. Why i am replying and wasting my time on writing on this site? Is because i see some guys here saying to other people that they got nothing to worry because they have been talking to gm's etc and nothing will happen to their accounts.

Here is an example from one of the gm's i had a chat with:

In regards to your issue I wanted to thank you very much for your concern in regards to this. The topic you brought up is very valid. However be assured that our developement team are aware of most common exploits. They are constantly working on resolving them. In regards to exploits it doesn't matter if it's only for cosmetical reasons or for personal gain. An exploit is and always will be a violation of the terms of use, which is why our develoeprs are working fixing them so they cannot be done anymore.

Regards,
Yubalkkor

English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe

Hopefully this will be more clear as i had to look it higher up in the blizz rank to get a solid answer. And this is not a troll attempt, i am just making you aware
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

GMs don't always give the same answers, which is why there's always been a good deal of murkiness on this front. Thanks for confirming that there's still at least one GM who counts the cosmetic pets as a violation of the ToS.

Your original messages here gave a contradictory impression; it sounded like you wanted to keep the exploit taming method quiet so it wouldn't be fixed, rather than keeping it quiet so it could be fixed without a widespread epidemic of rule-violating tames. This clears things up nicely.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I hink I'd like to get ms goat on my undead hunt sometime if sha's in the right area that is, & I can help you with your tame(s) as well, thanks
Last edited by Tilo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

The temptation is too much to just talk back, but I'm not giving in yet

Anyways, sha goat looks BA, too bad there's no other family with that. I dislike goats as of now >_>

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Sha cranes are up on Zul'jin (horde) US sever.

Mochitora#1833