4.3: Worgen Racial Mounts Preview [Combined Thread]

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: 4.3: Worgen Racial Mounts Preview [Combined Thread]

Unread post by Miacoda »

I completely understand that these are just collecting balance mounts, but it would have been neat if they had used the palomino and white skins (but keeping them saddle-less). Those two are my favorite horse skins and I cant get them anymore, so it would have been nice for the skins to come back.
I mean technically one of the old nightsaber skins is back in the form of the Swift Zulian Panther, just without the armor, why not the horses? Ten they could gradually bring back some of the old skins but with slightly different looks. /shrug
Just my opinion, is all ^^

But no, boar things don't make sense. Why would they have boar things? <.< I mean they're technically a human nation. >.> I mean, sure add a boar thing as some other mount but as a human nation mount? Eh.

What I want is a stage coach! :P

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Blue posts said that running wild is still the "default" worgen mount.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1956 ... s-aint-new - "The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs."
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

As the Worgen racial mount is Running Wild, I assume Worgen will also have to be exalted with Gilneas to buy the horses...
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Its a good idea imo just the wrong way to do it. These are already in game.. so in essence even if all you wanted em for was the achievement you still have two of the exact same mount..just one without a saddle.. Yay :roll: - Make them different colors than currently used or make them look different or something because.. its just.. not that impressive.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: 4.3: Worgen Racial Mounts Preview

Unread post by Nick »

Rhapture wrote:Is it me or do those mounts look like they will be crushed by the worgens?
Its just like every mount under a Tauren. ;p

I facepalmed irl when I saw the Worgen mounts. I understand why, but they had so much potential to be awesome.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Quite frankly I don't understand why the WoW community insists on being so entitleistic. People pissed and moaned since it was found out worgen were getting running wild over actual mounts and then when Blizzard finally decides to even out the imbalance, people are still complaining.

Does it suck that they're adding two horses? Yeah, I mean, whoop-di-do, more horses. Did they have to add them? No. Is it still entirely possible to get all the mount achievements in game without them? Yep. Do you *need* to buy them? Nope. So why complain? Nobody is forcing you to grind out Gilneas rep and buy these mounts if you really think they're that terrible. Nobody's forcing you to buy them to add two points to your achievement either.

Honestly, worgen on mounts don't make that much sense to me. Why would a prey animal want a bestial creature near them anyway? Especially with the male worgen chainsaw mouth.

Does that mean I don't want them to have some sort of totally awesome mount? Not at all. I think the carriages would be awesome as all hell. Part of me still secretly hopes that they'll make the carriages an Alliance multi-passenger mount while making the goblin cars from the starting zone the Horde multi-passenger mount. Despite this, I still don't see much of a reason to complain about two free mounts that they didn't have to add (and with all the complaining, probably shouldn't have).

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:So why complain? Nobody is forcing you to grind out Gilneas rep and buy these mounts if you really think they're that terrible.
Now I'm worried my previous post looks like a complaint, when I didn't mean it to be. I was just wondering whether Worgen would need rep or not. I actually prefer mounts with as little gear as possible, so I'm looking forward to these.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

GormanGhaste wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:So why complain? Nobody is forcing you to grind out Gilneas rep and buy these mounts if you really think they're that terrible.
Now I'm worried my previous post looks like a complaint, when I didn't mean it to be. I was just wondering whether Worgen would need rep or not. I actually prefer mounts with as little gear as possible, so I'm looking forward to these.
I'm not saying that you were complaining, just that there seems to be some complaining in general about something free they're adding that they didn't have to add.

I'm assuming that worgen won't need rep to exalted to get a mount intended for their race, but I could be wrong. Leave it to Blizz to make even them have to grind out rep for a couple of horses. :P

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm happy about this the more mounts the better!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
I'm not saying that you were complaining, just that there seems to be some complaining in general about something free they're adding that they didn't have to add.

I'm assuming that worgen won't need rep to exalted to get a mount intended for their race, but I could be wrong. Leave it to Blizz to make even them have to grind out rep for a couple of horses. :P
Well, rep grinding for city factions is easier then it used to be. No more cloth turn ins. Just equip a city tabard and do any quick quests that count toward the rep. I'll bonk anyone on the head with a foam sword who complains about city rep grinding. ;)

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh aye, it's much, much faster than it used to be. :lol:

[/center]
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

i think horses infected with the worgen curse would have been far more fitting. crazy wolf/horse creature ftw.

it doesn't matter if a regular ol horse fits with their human side, the worgen just got bitchslapped big time.

they still need to get rid of that rediculous running wild garbage though
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

what I think could have been cool, and sort of gruesome, is horses that look terrified!

imagine, a horse with this wolf-like creature on its back? it might be TERRIFIED! imagine wild eyes, nervous movement, wild eyes, frothing mouth!?!

hehe, that might have been fun, but of course, then the horse would have to have two "looks": one for when the Worgen is in Human form, and another for when the Worgen is in "wolf" form... and then they'd have to have the horse in hysterical laughter for those times when a gnome has ground enough rep to get one.... can't you see the horse rolling on the ground, laughing?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Worgen Racial Mounts Clarification

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

[...] There was some miscommunication regarding the initial reason why these mounts were added. After talking with the devs again these mounts are actually being added because they already happened to be available and we thought it’d be nice to make them able to be purchased and ridden. Which is unfortunately quite a bit different than how we understood and framed the blog.

Their existence also allows us to give players that faction change to Worgen something in exchange for their old racial mount. Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.

so.. in essence its not for the worgens really just to add in the extra mountss not given before. They just have it for gilneas as a faction type

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

merph, 2 more mounts for me to collect. Not all that impressed. humans+horses=no duh
but i expected better, more creative things from blizzard. Feels kind of like a "those dogs wont stop barking, just toss them your leftover pizza so they shut up because i don’t have time to feed them."
I admit horses fit and the no saddle thing is kind of neat but seriously? -.- can we at least get a new skin? You would think that with so many wolves around the horses would have gone nuts and/or gotten eaten/bitten by hungry hungry worgens. Would like to see some kind of effect on them that matches up with their cursed riders. Goblins= rocket trikes. worgens= you strike fear into the hearts of man as you ride your evil rabid....pony? o.O

Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

This topic has the potential to be quite contentious. Please remember to keep the discussion respectful. (... even when you are complaining about the complaints of the people complaining about the complainers. Not that anyone is yet.)
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Eh. Just saw this. Clydesdales? lol.

BUT.

Beats having to faction grind your worgen to exalted with another race just to avoid being forced to run on all fours, if that's not your thing (and it isn't mine - doing it briefly during say a warrior charge or something would be fine but just sitting there on all fours like you're waiting to start a track race? Very goofy). :mrgreen:
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

All in all...in an attempt to make what could be an insanely long opinionated post into a really short one....

Frankly, I am just un-impressed and a -little- disapointed at most. I get the mental image of this huge animated crowd just suddenly leaving the stadium, with one itty bitty figure of a guy waving around a flag that could very well have been a napkin at some point on the end of two toothpicks tied together, with the contiously small funny theme of the caption over his head reading "...Yay."
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

GormanGhaste wrote:As the Worgen racial mount is Running Wild, I assume Worgen will also have to be exalted with Gilneas to buy the horses...
I really hope you're wrong... I mean if they want running wild to remain the default I have no problem with that, but I think it's a little silly that Gilneas stablers would break tradition with all other stablers and require the same rep from their own race... :|
Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

I was reading some posts and I think a Clydesdale horse would be a much better solution. I would LOVE to ride a clydesdale.