Unofficial Bug Reports / Changes for 5.0.4

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Unofficial Bug Reports / Changes for 5.0.4

Unread post by Lisaara »

Also uh....Tenacity pets seem to be very squishy. My raid leader has always used her turtle to tank trash mobs on hagara. For some reason last night...her turtle would just get insta-killed. He was specced Tenacity. Anyone else have that issue?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Battle-flagged critters are tab-targetable. They also seem to be considered 'alternative targets' for AOE and multi-target abilities, unlike normal critters which are... well.... critters. Not sure if that's intentional or not.
Jessibelle wrote:Also uh....Tenacity pets seem to be very squishy. My raid leader has always used her turtle to tank trash mobs on hagara. For some reason last night...her turtle would just get insta-killed. He was specced Tenacity. Anyone else have that issue?
If you think Tenacity pets are squishy, you should try a DPS pet. ;) But yes. All pets are taking *massive* amounts of damage. I don't know whether this is a bug or a feature. We *were* some massively OP 'tanks' in Cataclysm.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

I seriously hope it's a bug, because otherwise we're going to turn into turtle healers with some occassional dps thrown in :s
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I noticed my Human female warlock sprouting horns in that odd location as well...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oddly, my worgen warlock's horns showed up properly. At least it's not all races across the board!

I wonder if the AoE damage reduction pets used to get passively has been removed....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aretak

Unread post by Aretak »

Kalliope wrote:I wonder if the AoE damage reduction pets used to get passively has been removed....
Avoidance is still there and functioning properly. I tested it on Baron Geddon in Hyjal and my pet took the proper reduced damage from his AoE.

I did notice that my pet's armour value is pretty pitiful though. Just 19,470 on a Tenacity-specced turtle, which amounts to a measily 42.75% damage reduction. I don't remember how much it was before, but that's only a marginal amount more armour than I have, so it explains why they can't tank very well any more.

I'm not sure if maybe something's broken in the scaling between the Hunter's armour and the pet's, or if they just wanted pets to be a lot less effective as tanks. Sadly, I imagine it might be the latter. :(
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Magli wrote:
cowmuflage wrote: All so can you make the hud the same size as it was before? It's so small!
There's a slider for HUD size somewhere in the display settings. I had the opposite problem--it was too big on the PTR--but found the slider eventually.
Ah okay cool. After all these years I'm still a noob XD
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

My Spectral Wolf is giving me errors on my level 20 that I need higher riding, no other ground mount that I can find is giving me that error. :mrgreen:

Kalliope

Aretak wrote:I'm not sure if maybe something's broken in the scaling between the Hunter's armour and the pet's, or if they just wanted pets to be a lot less effective as tanks. Sadly, I imagine it might be the latter. :(
But if it's the former, it's a bug. :D

YouTube Edition

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Re: patch 5.0 problem (Warlock). feel free to add others

Unread post by Aquillian »

Just gonna add this here: The new Glyph of Endless Wrath makes mobs behave as though your pet died during BW. They will stop attacking it and run to you. If you feign they will despawn.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

MAJOR MAJOR bug for Mac users.

The 5.0.4 client creates a runaway process that while it won't impair your gameplay too much (at first anyway), WILL fry your machine's brain as it drives your CPU to 170%-200% capacity and leaves it there.

PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR TEMPERATURE SETTINGS/ACTIVITY MONITOR IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO MELT YOUR CPU!

If you are having this problem please post/let Blizzard know on the following thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 648?page=1

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Um the seats in the zep to Northrend in Org are black. Just black O.o could be me tho.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Here's a really good one: My Priest was just awarded Maw of the Dragonlord while in shadow spec. I thought this new system was supposed to award "spec appropriate" items, and I don't see how a healing mace is supposed to be appropriate for a toon that sits back and only does damage. Any healing I do is based on whatever Vampiric Embrace gives or throwing up the occasional Power Word: Shield, so perhaps this is a bug?
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Posted in a couple other threads but!

Popping Bestial Wrath or Lynx Rush on Malygos causes him to drop aggro on my pet. This resulted in a few deaths from face-smacking until I called in a friend who simply healed me through it.

Nether Vapors on Kael'thas in Tempest Keep don't despawn for hours.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ziarre wrote:Popping Bestial Wrath or Lynx Rush on Malygos causes him to drop aggro on my pet. This resulted in a few deaths from face-smacking until I called in a friend who simply healed me through it.
It seems to be the work of the new bestial wrath glyph. :(
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=18825
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Oof. Well, looks like I'm switching to Animal Bond until they fix it, then.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Aretak

Unread post by Aretak »

Kalliope wrote:
Aretak wrote:I'm not sure if maybe something's broken in the scaling between the Hunter's armour and the pet's, or if they just wanted pets to be a lot less effective as tanks. Sadly, I imagine it might be the latter. :(
I'm thinking more that it could definetly be a bug now having looked at my Warlock. The Voidlord has 32,805 armour for a far more satisfying 55.72% damage reduction. I don't see why they'd only nerf Hunter pets specifically if they were nerfing pet tanking, especially since they massively buffed Growl.

If I had to guess, I'd say pets aren't getting any bonus armour from their master, which the in-game tooltips say they should be. Mine says it should be getting 11,357 armour from me, but on his tab the +armour value in green is only counting the extra 20% from Blood of the Rhino, whereas before the armour from the Hunter was listed there too.

The number that it should be getting from me would bring it up about equal with the Voidlord, which seems right. So yeah, on balance it probably, almost definetly is a bug. Maybe. ;)
Kalliope

Aretak wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
I'm thinking more that it could definetly be a bug now having looked at my Warlock. The Voidlord has 32,805 armour for a far more satisfying 55.72% damage reduction. I don't see why they'd only nerf Hunter pets specifically if they were nerfing pet tanking, especially since they massively buffed Growl.

If I had to guess, I'd say pets aren't getting any bonus armour from their master, which the in-game tooltips say they should be. Mine says it should be getting 11,357 armour from me, but on his tab the +armour value in green is only counting the extra 20% from Blood of the Rhino, whereas before the armour from the Hunter was listed there too.

The number that it should be getting from me would bring it up about equal with the Voidlord, which seems right. So yeah, on balance it probably, almost definetly is a bug. Maybe. ;)
Sounds to me like you're on the right track! :) (BTW, welcome to the posting side of the forums!)

YouTube Edition

Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Glyph of Charm Woodland Creature (druids) doesn't seem to work as intended. It charms critters, but they don't follow and simply despawn if you stray too far!

Warlock and hunter pets are also extremely squishtastic and aggrotastic! I used to be able to solo Onyxia with ease, but the whelps completely destroy my turtle in moments- as others have reported. Minions are also pulling insane aggro; my imp's growl was off and it completely tore Morchok away from the tank earlier.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good thread, but I'm moving it to WoW General, since it's about live and not beta. I'm also merging Sukurachi's bug thread into it. Cheers :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.