Confirmation - no stable slots being added

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Re: Confirmation - no stable slots being added

Unread post by Shadow »

What the... no. Just no. You cannot add "Challenge Tames" and then say "But you get no extra stable slots". :/ That's just screwed up.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Tahl is definitely an ailurophile...one look at his stables will tell you that. And I like the fact that a certain amount of his personal RP is the challenge in maintaining and providing for that damned many apex predators at once. I have my eyes on a few of the MoP cats, but given that a Scarlet Halls survivor just attached itself to Tahl, and the fact he knows he'll likely need a quilen...I've had to be rather discriminating. I really would have appreciated about five more slots, so that I could pick up what I thought looked good and what Tahl would bond well with without wondering who I have to let go that I adore.

So yeah...crazy cat elf here. ;p

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I;m the crazy spirit beast lady. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

besides, right now, I am at a point where sure, I have far too many pets on my hunters,
however what I REALLY need now is extra CHARACTER slots.. because I am seriously running out of room.
if any friends of mine start playing WoW I won't be able to make a low-level toon to play along with them without changing servers.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

:( but but but....why give us so many prettyfuls but not the extra room for them?? *sigh* painfully cleared out 4 spots for some eye catchers I just cant pass up but woul dlove at least 5 more....just 5 more spots???
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Well. They didn't say no more stable slots EVER. Just no more stable slots right now.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd be happy with 5 more slots or 10 more.

LisaaraPokefarm

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I think they should add one new slot per expansion.
Just one.
So if you REALLY REALLY want that one perfect pet, and can't abandon any of your 25 pets or relocate them to another hunter, you can have it.

But otherwise, limited stable space means you bond to your pets better. Even with the space we have, most people feel there are a couple pets that are not used often. Those who are somehow able to bond with 25 pets equally, or have trouble letting go, can make another hunter to deal with this.
How about relocating all of your bird pets, or bugs, or pets that are blue or red, to another hunter, and letting them have a unique theme? You'll have more space on your main and have fun accessorizing your new alt.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Because honestly, I really mostly have time for Novi. :/ And some people may be low or out of alt slots. And sometimes people don't want to recamp for rare pets, especially now with CRZ in. I got /farted on by someone from Thorium Brotherhood when I went to check for the spirit bear on an alt.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Novikova wrote:Because honestly, I really mostly have time for Novi. :/ And some people may be low or out of alt slots. And sometimes people don't want to recamp for rare pets, especially now with CRZ in. I got /farted on by someone from Thorium Brotherhood when I went to check for the spirit bear on an alt.
:(
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Kirsten »

Novikova wrote:I got /farted on by someone from Thorium Brotherhood when I went to check for the spirit bear on an alt.
LOL. I do that to Alliance, a lot.

My guildies are like "Korance is online, she pffftrtttbbbb'd me!"
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Equeon wrote:How about relocating all of your bird pets, or bugs, or pets that are blue or red, to another hunter, and letting them have a unique theme? You'll have more space on your main and have fun accessorizing your new alt.
But I only have one hunter... Only one toon for myself to go crazy on... :/ Besides, what feels right for one toon doesn't feel right for another. If I made another hunter, I can't say "Oh, people don't like Ban'Thalos, but I do, so I'll move it to that hunter." What if that hunter doesn't like Ban'thalos? I only want one hunter, the hunter I raid and game and kill on, where I rotate my stables when I log on, try new pets (well I'm not right now because of camping, lol...), pull out unnamed rares to try to find good names for them, pull out pets that I don't enjoy... the names I gave them... try to find their personality better. Just because I haven't named it doesn't mean I'm not interested or "done" with it. My trophy tames mean a lot to me, even if they're easy like Anthriss compared to Kirix (who killed me so many times my armor broke) or Deth'tilac... I want to know more about the pets I have and revisit fond memories with the ones I've known since vanilla times (which is why I will never let go of my Ghost Saber or Humar).

My stance remains that if someone is going to add in challenge tames for a hunter to test their mettle, more slots should be added. We had a lot of challenge tames this go around (5 spiders, 3 spirit beasts, a cat, and a crab), so I say 10 slots should be added, at least :/ It feels kind of like if I was a rogue doing the epic dagger quest, or a mage with the staff... but if I want to keep them, I have to delete my old weapons. Do I get rid of my more nostalgic ones? Do I get rid of the ones I thought were neat but haven't broken in yet? Do I get rid of the one weapon that I don't have the counter part to, but I've been wanting to have for a long time?

We have Void Storage and lots of bank space. But right now it feels like I've filled my bags and Void Storage with 25 slots for everything I own and I'm being asked to delete my memories and go farm them again if I want them back... And, coming from me (I have 3-4 xmog sets for my one hunter alone, even some pretty gun even though I hate the sound in case I want to try it out), I would not do well with 25 slots for my gear. xD

It's like... I'm sorry to the people who have more than one hunter, but I don't want more than one hunter and I don't like the idea that I -have- to roll a new hunter, level it up, and go play with pets that will get forgotten on a toon I won't want to play because I already HAVE a geared hunter... if I'm on an alt, I want a completely different play style. I want my one hunter and... yeah, there's no reason for me to have 5 spiders (Okay, that's BS, it's called a Spider Stampede! As the sexy spider signature says, Taste the Rainbow!), but I'm not very happy that we won't get any new wiggle room to try out the new hunter pets and models that are coming out.

Just my thoughts, point of view, and opinion as to why I call this BS.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

If it means much...Shade...I have more than one hunter and have done the whole "this pet is unique to that hunter" thing and it still doesn't work. I have 3 hunters, soon to be a 4th.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm perfectly fine with the number we have right now.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'd rather have more slots,but I planned on making a panda hunter anyway so I suppose its not too bad.