Molten Core Anniversary Dungeon

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Molten Core Anniversary Dungeon

Unread post by Xota »

cowmuflage wrote:I think if they made it have no weekly lockout that would be best. But as others have said before no ones knows if it will or wont XD
A simple and elegant solution.
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

If they made it like holiday dungeons, have a fresh lockout with a special loot bag each day, so people can run it multiple times a week instead of once a week that'd be awesome and a more than fair way for people to have plenty of shots at getting the special mount and pet. While I enjoy exploring all of the new content (quests & zones) on my main's, I do keep a couple alts I just use to power level & craft on. It won't hurt me any to power level those toons, quite a few of which are healers, and get right into the Anniversary event. And it'd be nice if they decided to leave the new MC in game as a raid, and just remove the pet & mount from the loot table once the Anniversary event is over.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

sXe Angel wrote:And it'd be nice if they decided to leave the new MC in game as a raid, and just remove the pet & mount from the loot table once the Anniversary event is over.
Well, what would the point be to running the new Molten Core? It is a raid with absolutely *no* loot in, other than the mount and possibility of a pet drop. I suspect most people won't want to do a 40 man run without any loot whatsoever.

Besides, with the pet drops that are in old Molten Core, I'd rather they left it as it is, at least for now.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I believe the mount is given out for completing the new raid. So so long as you do it fully once, you should get the mount.
The only "chance" drop is the pet isn't it? and that's what people would want to farm.

Not sure if there is lv 100 versions of the old MC drops, that might also be "desired" for some people.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

It has no drops at all, IIRC, other than the pet and the enchantment aura mentioned. Unless they changed their mind on that.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I -believe- they said you'll also get a helm for your spec from doing it, let me see if I can find a source on that... yeah here we go:
Blizzard wrote:Making it through the underground gauntlet and defeating Ragnaros will reward players with a Core Hound mount and a Warlords of Draenor Raid Finder–quality helm (100% guaranteed!).
Not quite a drop though, I don't see anything about there being or not being actual item drops tho. We'll just have to see I guess :?
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I would assume you'd get rep like you do from normal MC?
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Any news on the new Corehound model as a tamable pet?
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

Myzou wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Myzou wrote:They NEVER should have decided to make it a level 100 MC. The event is celebratiing the LAST ten years. Honestly, if it goes live at level 100, I won't renew my subscription.
Everything from the twitter feed to the beta says it will go live at level 100... soooo, I hope you find something else to play. :(

I personally have no issues with it. For me, 8 days is more than enough time to get to level 100 so I can run it until I am sick and tired of it (yay LFR...), which will likely be by the second time through. lol
I wish the hints Muffinus drops could be a little more precise on the possible drop rate though. Do I need to start buying cases of energy drinks and push multiple toons to level 100? :O
It took me 3 months to go from 85-90 the first time. I like to enjoy the questing experience, do everything I can.

It's not okay to punish me for trying to actually take in the content Blizzard made for us. I shouldn't miss out on something celebrating the last 10 years I played simply because I didn't rush for 2 months.

They have level and gear scaling technology. They employ it in Challenge Modes, Proving Grounds, and Battlegrounds. They could SIMPLY make it so that the MC LFR scales all level 90-99 people to an average ilvl for a level 100 character, and voila. But instead they choose to punish people.
I'm sorry, but you have more than enough time to enjoy this anniversary event AND level your character painstakingly slowly if you enjoy that for whatever reason. I never understand the needless whining that plagues this WoW community. They didn't have to do ANYTHING afterall-this is all a bonus; we are not entitled to anniversary content.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn all holiday /anniversary dungeons were always max level entry only???? I know that none of my toons below max could ever get in. So why would you expect this to be any different? No offense but Stephen is right in that players aren't entitled to anything except base game play. Everything else is just a perk so to speak.

If you want scaling events like that go play Guild Wars II if you don't already. That games mechanics are set up as such :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

You are correct, zed. All anniversary/holiday events were always for max level so this shouldn't be that much of a shocker, especially not one to say you won't renew cause of it. Since the holiday is during warlords, it will be max for warlords. We already had our holiday for mists.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Actually thats technically incorrect as I did brewfest at 89 and sometimes they are accessible at 88 too. The point of ppl's gripe was that blizzard advertised this as the "go slow" expansion and then add max lvl content 2 weeks in - seems pretty hypocritical to me.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

The difference here, though, is that the holiday dungeons aren't 'one time only, and once the month is over, it will *NEVER* happen again'. Instead, with them, you have the chance to wait for next year.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

We have two months to do it. Til near the end of January. Even the slowest of levelers will have atleast one max level by then, whereas a holiday only lasts a couple weeks. So I think people are truly making a mountain out of a molehill with this. I don't really even feel immersed by content til it's been out for awhile cause there's less people doing it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It is a long time, but I can understand that it will make some people feel rushed, no matter how long they're given. Especially if they're going to be away over the Christmas/New Year period.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I suppose so. Even if they gave us 6 months to do it, people would still feel rushed cause they got that mindset "Gotta do this asap!"

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

There will always be someone who will feel rushed.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm praying that what they're doing here is, essentially, a 40 man scenario. That is to say, no particular need for a specific number of tanks, healers, whatever. Plus, a scenario that you can queue for multiple times, and get the chance of the enchant and pet with each time (after the first; I expect the Core Hound is going to be the reward in the same way a 'Scenario Box' is the reward). Also, the pet should be boxable and the enchant should be AH'able .

There's a lot of reasons this would be the best idea. Not the least of which it will keep people running even *after* they have their Core Hound, Enchant, and Pet. Because see, this is the *biggest* worry I have: we're going to have *less* than two months to get everything. Because not only will there be the leveling time... but the longe it goes on, the fewer people will be wanting to run it.

Imagine how long it takes you, by the end of a holiday, to queue for a holiday boss. Now imagine that holiday boss needing *40* people instead of *5*.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Kurasu wrote:The difference here, though, is that the holiday dungeons aren't 'one time only, and once the month is over, it will *NEVER* happen again'. Instead, with them, you have the chance to wait for next year.
Except according to twitter, the MC will -NEVER- happen again.

Only the BG may return and they made sure to specify that's a may, not a will.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:
Kurasu wrote:The difference here, though, is that the holiday dungeons aren't 'one time only, and once the month is over, it will *NEVER* happen again'. Instead, with them, you have the chance to wait for next year.
Except according to twitter, the MC will -NEVER- happen again.
Only the BG may return and they made sure to specify that's a may, not a will.
Yeah, I think that's what he was saying...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.