Latest Beta Build (BM info)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Latest Beta Build (BM info)

Unread post by Ryai »

Mockingbird wrote:Indeed - that seems a very beast-masteryish thing to have.
And you're not really understanding my point :/
True, but we've not seen the prime glyphs yet, and pets will be receiveing full stats, right? Can we not therefore anticipate significantly higher pet health pools?
Health doesn't always = survivability. Case in point, I've seen trash rip thru 30k+ health pools on tanks. Why? They weren't geared right or weren't def capped, or both actually.
If our damage output is balanced around including that additional caretaking, that's not so much a gimping as it is a playstlye issue. (the usual IF they balance it right caveats included)
BM would still be gimped because, lolz our shot is Kill Command.
How many broken weapons can be fixed by a castable-in-combat spell?
I was sure weapons could be switched while in combat still tho :/
TBH, it sounds like you really, really don't want to be reliant on your pet for this much of your damage/utility which begs the question - why go BM? It's entirely centered around the pet!
No, it's not that. It's just the fact our shot is Kill Command. Kill command- we just tell the pet to hit harder. That's it. It's not extremely reliable imo, and ontop of it, it's not even BM only!

Our 'shot' isn't exclusive and is just buffed up!

And honestly I'm starting to question why I should bother staying BM too :/

Then make sure your pet doesn't die. That has *always* been the core tenet of the BM spec and it has *always* been that a dead pet equals a very disadvantaged BM Hunter. Improved Revive Pet may show up as a Glyph as well, it seems suited.
And if you play BM surely you can understand that unless you have the pet bar right in front of your face, not always do you notice the danger until it's to late? And even then if you try to do it, it's dead anyways? Some bosses are just instant death now, like the GD boss. I've seen him just oneshot pets and players. And there is very LITTLE warning for when he does the cyclone as I have to juggle my bad memory as it is for tactics for not just my DPS and rotations not just for my DPS, but my tank and healers too.

So it's really not my fault when I get overloaded and to caught up in trying to max out my dps as BM, and my pet dies.

And remember Glyph of Mending? Yeah, major glyph. So Imp Rez pet would probably be major too :/
Let me introduce you to Marksmanship and Survival. Both these specs are heavy on personal DPS rather than the pet (though a dead pet is still a DPS loss, just not as dire as with BM) and each feature special shots unique to the spec.
Been there done that. And that's not a solution imo.
But out of curiousity, how does your pet die so much? Especially with Avoidance? My pet rarely dies, usually only if the tanks have died.
I already explained Why. Because micromanaging a pet ontop of trying to dump out all the dps I can, is really, really hard.

Mages and DKs have their DPS based on their own skills (ie personal DPS), they don't have a pet-centric spec. The pets they get are more temporary DPS boosts like a Shaman's Elementals than a core component of their damage output.
And yet isn't this what our pets are pretty much being turned into? Temporary DPS boosts? IE stealing a pet's frenzy to increase our DPS?
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Jangalian wrote:And you figure this...how, exactly? Or are you just trollin'?

Look, it's 4 am, and I'm not in the mood to argue, but if you can't see all the cool and awesome and very positive changes that Blizzard is giving hunters of all trees, then you have had your head under a rock for like, a year. BM is becoming the true ranged heavy fire of WoW. It's like Surv and MM have machine guns while BM gets a rocket launcher.

That would be so cool. Imagine, a [Wolfslaying Rocket Launcer]. Mmmmmm.

Everything that we could have, we WILL have by the time Cata comes out. The dark times of Wrath will be no more! BM will no longer be the raiding scapegoat! A hunter will be awesome again, and worth being proud of! =D
First of all to him and the others...NO i'm not trolling!

I have a friend in the beta and he told me that bm is still the lowest dps specc for pve.
So bm is for pvp...but now cc immune is gone why should you use it?If cc imunne then is bm hunter a joke in pvp.They just cc us,we cant use tbw anymore to get free so they can kill the pet first and then when cc is gone the hunter is a easy target.Dont you see that?

Jangalian give me 1 cool things that boost bm for pvp or pve?Cobra shot...every specc can use it.

Do you think I like it to be so negative about bm?I used bm pre-tbc,tbc and begin from wotlk.It was my favo specc.But now its just to much between bm-mm/surv to use bm and I rlly hate it.
Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

Look not to start a riot but BM is all about the relationship with the hunter and his beast so that means that our beasts are going to get tricked out in Cata with some strong spells that SV and MM can not even compare with. This is early in the beta so it has not been implemented yet so just cool your heels and Blizz will take care of it.

Second, SV is about surviving, that is why the spec tree is called Survival so it has to revolve around staying alive and putting out DPS to kill your foes and move on to the next. This spec is built for PVP.

Third, MM is meant for raiding, dungeons, and if you are skilled at it PVP. But this is not the case, I am doing tons of damage as a BM hunter in raids because my pet pulls a good amount of damage himself which contributes to mine. MM is getting shaped up and so is SV but also BM is as well.

BM, MM, and SV all have their different rolls which they play to their advantage in a hunters life. You can not critisize Blizz when they probably aren't even half done. And another thing, I am a Beast Master and I am proud of it.
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Ryai wrote: And you're not really understanding my point :/
Then explain your point again. What it seems like to me is that you want everything that's super awesome about the Hunter all in one spec, Beastmastery, and that it all be very simple to manage.
Health doesn't always = survivability. Case in point, I've seen trash rip thru 30k+ health pools on tanks. Why? They weren't geared right or weren't def capped, or both actually.
Tanks are different, they have the full attention of the mob and have an array of tools for dealing with that along with healer support. If trash is ripping through a tank than yes, as you say, they were not geared properly and probably should not be trying that content as a tank. But what applies for a tank does not apply for a pet, so you cannot really compare the two.
BM would still be gimped because, lolz our shot is Kill Command.
Then if you are not happy with that design choice you can play another spec, which do have special shots. Kill Command is going to be pretty potent for BM and it makes sense for it to play a prominent role. Because BM is about the pet, the special high damage ability should come from the pet, not the Hunter. And by making that ability the existing Kill Command, it makes balancing pets much easier as you have more freedom to choose your pet rather than being stuck with a pet you don't want simply because it has the best special ability. It's a pretty clean solution, really.
I was sure weapons could be switched while in combat still tho :/
Is this really an issue? Weapons should never break in combat...
No, it's not that. It's just the fact our shot is Kill Command. Kill command- we just tell the pet to hit harder. That's it. It's not extremely reliable imo, and ontop of it, it's not even BM only!
Our 'shot' isn't exclusive and is just buffed up!
Yet it will hit the hardest for BM and be part of your regular rotation, just like Chimera is for Marks and Explosive is for Survival (KC for those specs will be only occasional and more likely for PvP and the odd Focus dump). You're a Beastmaster, telling your pet to hit harder is what you do, that's why you choose the spec. Why is exclusivity such a big deal for an ability? BM is quite exclusive in that you get the strongest pets that do far more damage than other Hunter pets, you get to talent them with greater strengths and abilities and you can have pets exclusive to the spec. You want an exclusive shot as well?
And honestly I'm starting to question why I should bother staying BM too :/
That's what a few of us are asking you. It's clearly not a spec you like.
And if you play BM surely you can understand that unless you have the pet bar right in front of your face, not always do you notice the danger until it's to late? And even then if you try to do it, it's dead anyways? Some bosses are just instant death now, like the GD boss. I've seen him just oneshot pets and players. And there is very LITTLE warning for when he does the cyclone as I have to juggle my bad memory as it is for tactics for not just my DPS and rotations not just for my DPS, but my tank and healers too.

So it's really not my fault when I get overloaded and to caught up in trying to max out my dps as BM, and my pet dies.
I played BM for a very very long time, and that was before the wonderful Avoidance was introduced and pets didn't nicely go behind the target. I know all about the difficulty in managing a pet and I was never very good at it, which is why I eventually went to Marksmanship. But managing a pet and managing your personal cooldowns is hard, I agree, and is one reason why I disagree with people who say BM is the easiest spec, I actually find it the hardest.
However, if you are regularly finding certain fights are not pet friendly, you know to be aware of that and adjust your tactics accordingly. Sometimes it's even best to keep your pet at your side rather than sending him in (Mimiron I'm looking at you), which is one reason why BM really fell out of raiding favour.
I already explained Why. Because micromanaging a pet ontop of trying to dump out all the dps I can, is really, really hard.
With Marks and Survival pets are pretty much fire and forget, you don't need to worry about them save for fights where you know you need to call them back (eg Sartharion, Sindragosa). You honestly don't need to micromanage your pet and your cooldowns most of the time. But you can also use addons to alert you of low pet health so you can either use Mend Pet or recall your pet, depending on what threshold you set the warning at. I think I have Miks Scrolling Combat Text to alert of low health at 30%.
And remember Glyph of Mending? Yeah, major glyph. So Imp Rez pet would probably be major too :/
That's fine. We're getting a new top tier of Glyphs, so we'll have Prime, Major and Minor.
Been there done that. And that's not a solution imo.
Different class then? Because it seems that Hunters in this game are not to your liking to be honest.
And yet isn't this what our pets are pretty much being turned into? Temporary DPS boosts? IE stealing a pet's frenzy to increase our DPS?
No. Pet DPS is constant, not temporary. Beastmastery has greater synergy with their pet so they get more from the pet than the other two specs do, but pet DPS is hardly temporary.
Shadowkaizen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Shadowkaizen »

I did not post it to start any trouble I posted to show those who have not seen info on the new stuff to see some more of what blizz is trying to do. Reguardless of what happens I WILL play BM when Cata hits and I will try to roll with what I got.
The shadows are my ally...and so is that large wolf behind you.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Shadowkaizen wrote:I did not post it to start any trouble I posted to show those who have not seen info on the new stuff to see some more of what blizz is trying to do. Reguardless of what happens I WILL play BM when Cata hits and I will try to roll with what I got.

Oh your such a trouble maker Shadowkaizen... /giggles :lol:

But come on guys and gals, weather or not BM is the King, the Queen or the Jack in the Beta at the moment, Kalliope has already given everyone the answer to all your queries....

Kalliope wrote:And as has been said before, passes on pets haven't been done yet and the talent trees aren't complete either.

Oh look, we've come full circle again. xD

/target Kalliope
/ :hug:

Oh, and not to sound to much like a mother, but you know why everyone is getting all heated and passionate...? Because you all
<3 your pets... it's so cute ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

:hug: Spirit! :mrgreen:
Spiritbinder wrote:Oh, and not to sound to much like a mother, but you know why everyone is getting all heated and passionate...? Because you all <3 your pets... it's so cute ;)
Exactly! :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I'll always be a Beast Master. I always have been, even back in "vanilla" World of Warcraft. In battlegrounds, I felt very, very special being like the only Hunter to have a Bestial Wrath pet in AV. Even now, in random groups for instances, I've gotten several comments, from players that have noticed and commented. 1 said "I (Beast Master) don't exist". The other said that basically I'm a rare (Beast Mastery) Hunter. And I'm all for the pets.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!