EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by Mousie »

I just had 5 "successful" tames, this time with oil-wolves (pet dies and its body disappears, error message "Your pet is not dead", log out, back in). All resulted in a non-buffed pet.

Sorry, but I'm callin' this taming method fixed as of now :c
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Oh, wait , did you try pvp flagging & trying to tame? Well... pisser. :( Thanks everyone who tried, helped, & got a pet or two during the time frame; Qinni, Amber, Dialga
Last edited by Tilo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

How infuriating. I couldn't find anyone to help me with the croc. Damnit.

Amber
Realm: Lightbringer-US

Unread post by Amber »

There were a great many of us that posted our battletags here and tirelessly helped people tame. Kudos to all of you that helped, I know I was swamped for at least the first week.

I'm sorry that not everyone got their pets, but I know we ALL tried hard to make it happen.
Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mousie »

Amber wrote:There were a great many of us that posted our battletags here and tirelessly helped people tame. Kudos to all of you that helped, I know I was swamped for at least the first week.

I'm sorry that not everyone got their pets, but I know we ALL tried hard to make it happen.
^
Bheleu
Realm: Arathor

Unread post by Bheleu »

Mousie wrote:I just had 5 "successful" tames, this time with oil-wolves (pet dies and its body disappears, error message "Your pet is not dead", log out, back in). All resulted in a non-buffed pet.

Sorry, but I'm callin' this taming method fixed as of now :c
I just want to give my thanks to Mousie for trying these tames with me. Still don't have my Oily Wolf back - but perhaps one day....

Moral of the story, don't wait until tomorrow when something is working....

Bheleu
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Ya, I can confirm the tame method is not working for me either... What's worse is that you can't even get the angered arakkao protectors using the in-game timer despawn method which has worked fine for them up until today...

The timed method:
For those unfamiliar ----> Wack a wing guard near a rune circle in Blade's Edge Mountains a few times. When low on health he'll go over and summon a Misty ghost bird that lasts for a minute. You start you're in-game stop watch the second it spawns. When it get's to about 50 seconds, you begin taming. If done correctly, the bird will despawn the millisecond your tame ends, and simply dissapears. When you try to revive it, it will give pet not dead error. Normally when you login/out you'd be greeted by your new mist bird, however as of today, it is simply a normal blue carrion bird.... darnz

...looks like Blizz hotfixed this for good this time.... :(
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Ah well, it looks like I started playing again too late this time around.
I am thankful to have tamed almost all of the other rares/buffed/bugged pets while they were around.
This time, I was just a little late to the party.

Maybe something will come along in the future.
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

On a side note, and I'm sure this is due to the buff tame hotfix:

Terracotta Guardian's from Kun Lai Summit can now be tamed anyway and anytime without having to worry about them turning into useless statues. ^^
Gayia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands EU

Unread post by Gayia »

Yeah, I can definitely confirm the method was hotfixed.

We tamed few pets yesterday for myself and few friends (Oil stained wolf, Sha Kitty, Lone Hunter) and it worked perfectly fine, took up to 15 minutes to get it right.

Today though, even though everything was done correct, pets dissapeared and weren't ressurectable - upon logging out and in - they were unbuffed :(
Tried it with few pets, countless times - It has been hotfixed.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Missed it, then... because I couldn't decide which pet to release.

Guess I should be happy that I missed it because of that, of all things.

Edit: And now I have to decide what to get rid of to make room for a triceratops. Grnblrmblrnr....

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Oh no! I actually had a dream (premonition?) that this would happen about three days ago. I thought it was funny, because it was the only dream I've ever had about a videogame.

Now making stable room will be even tougher with three pets I can't release! And I can't relocate my Angered Arakkoa Orotector to my other hunter... GRRR!

If this was directly caused by Ownedcore, I don't even know what to say.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Equeon wrote:If this was directly caused by Ownedcore, I don't even know what to say.
It was getting fixed (again) anyway. No need to throw blame around.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Kalliope wrote:
Equeon wrote:If this was directly caused by Ownedcore, I don't even know what to say.
It was more along the point of time. The old method was around for AGES, and then it got abused and taken away.
This was around for what, two months? A month? and now it's gone.

That could be because it was supposed to have been completely fixed the first time, or along with the influx of "ooh! cool! tame this neat-looking pet!" there's also those people who are "ooh! cool! tame this pet with a GAME-BREAKING BUFF!"
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Equeon wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
It was more along the point of time. The old method was around for AGES, and then it got abused and taken away.

That could be because it was supposed to have been completely fixed the first time, or along with the influx of "ooh! cool! tame this neat-looking pet!" there's also those people who are "ooh! cool! tame this pet with a GAME-BREAKING BUFF!"
And the methods of how to do these tames were made widely known here. *shrug* Enabling is just as bad.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Equeon wrote:It was more along the point of time. The old method was around for AGES, and then it got abused and taken away.
It was fixed IMMEDIATELY because it wasn't supposed to be done IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just be thankful those who have the appearance buffed pets aren't losing them completely or finding them unbuffed in their stables. Glitch taming was still technically a "cheat" because it was /is a works around the games systems to get a pet you're not supposed to have. So be VERY very thankful we're allowed to keep buffed pets at all.
We were threatened with removal of them when this first happened and came around and Blizzard kindly allowed those who had the appearance buff pets to keep their prizes.
So I wouldn't complain one bit.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

zedxrgal wrote:It was fixed IMMEDIATELY because it wasn't supposed to be done IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just be thankful those who have the appearance buffed pets aren't losing them completely or finding them unbuffed in their stables. Glitch taming was still technically a "cheat" because it was /is a works around the games systems to get a pet you're not supposed to have. So be VERY very thankful we're allowed to keep buffed pets at all.
We were threatened with removal of them when this first happened and came around and Blizzard kindly allowed those who had the appearance buff pets to keep their prizes.
So I wouldn't complain one bit.
All and all, count your blessings. C:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It was already known. I reported it (as I do anything dubious, as a matter of trust), and others probably did too. I'm sure they've known about it for some time.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Thats too bad. =/ I knew a lot of hunters standing in line to get one of the harmless pets. It saddens me that they can’t have them. If I had made the appearance buff pets I would be flattered if someone went to such great lengths to keep them looking special. We all knew this would happen and I certainly don’t want hunters running around with godmode game breakers for pets. I’m just happy for having the chance to tame Samantha- the pit fighting chain kitty really fits the personality of the character I named her after.  She was an instant favorite for me and I am so grateful that I managed to tame her before the hotfix.
So a thank you to Blizz for letting us keep them, a thank you to petopia for showing us how and lastly, a thank you to the players who helped us get our dream pets and said no to godmode taming.
I wonder if we will ever see the return of such taming- probably not. But one thing is for sure, games aren’t perfect so there are sure to be other rare pets in our future. First the Hydra/slime, then buff pets, and now the worms. What will be next? ;)

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Wow. I'm really sad now. I havent been able to pay for my WoW because I spent all my money on some family that I moved in with (long story. It's somewhere on the rant thread). I've been trying to get enough to get my WoW back up so I could tame some more of these (I managed to get a sha tiger before my WoW went out.. I dont even like the tigers :c ) but now it's fixed D:
Ugh. I hate this.
Just when things were starting to get better. Bluuuuh. Disappointment.

Siggy under construction!