Pokemon!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Snowy wrote:
Doctress wrote:She told me if I was a true Gen 1'er
I hate statements like this, to be honest. Liking the first generation of Pokemon only seems, in all honesty, very 'hipster'. I have a friend who refuses to play anything that's not Red, Blue, FireRed or LeafGreen. She thinks that all the newer generations are 'cheap copies' and 'crap'. How do people know they don't like something if they don't try it? I like all the generations of Pokemon. :P Some had their weak points but there have been Pokemon from each I have liked and disliked. Chances are it's going to be the exact same with the new generation as well.
Quite frankly I like Gen 1 the most and always will as that's the one I grew up with so please don't say it's a 'hipster' thing please that's just silly A lot of people just like them the most as they grew up with them I know people who say Gen 3 is the best etc for the same reasons. I remember when Pokemon first came out man I feel old :lol:

I don't like most of Gen 5's designs XD Legendaires I've found their designs to get more silly every Gen :lol: I've been told off in the past for saying that like Gen 5's designs are somehow gods designs. Sometimes Pokemon fans can get up to Brony levels of crazy (You know the type who can't take a joke or others opinions!)

But the whole "what Gen is better" argument is very silly and it just gets worse every Gen. More so when most of the time the people you are talking to are little kids :lol:

Anywho have the rest of the D-arts line! I know some people bitch about why it's just Gen 1 ones but I can understand why it's just them at the moment. They are for adults and most adults grew up with the older ones etc also kids cant affored highly possable action figures!

Venusaur does not have a release date that I can find and there is very few pics of him

I really need to look up some reveiws of them to see how good they are before I buy a Mewtwo.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

It is a dumb argument but to be honest I find a lot of people(at least the ones I know)who only like Gen 1 are "hipsters" as in to them you're not cool unless Gen 1 is your favorite. I can understand nostalgia and it being your favorite because you grew up with them but still for the most part most people I know who are Gen 1 crazy call it the only true Pokemon to ever exist which I did equally as offensive. Snowy wasn't targeting you she was speaking of my friend who is very much a hipster and the type of person that thinks the older something is the better it is. It's sad really because my favorite Pokemon is in Gen 1 but her super elitist attitude pisses me off. She only picked up Pokemon a year or two ago and she thinks she's the biggest expert that the Earth has ever birthed on Pokemon knowledge. She tried to tell me only boy eevee's can evolve into Umbreon and only girl eevee's can evolve into Espeon.
Last edited by Silivren on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Doctress wrote:It is a dumb argument but to be honest I find a lot of people(at least the ones I know)who only like Gen 1 are "hipsters" as in to them you're not cool unless Gen 1 is your favorite. I can understand nostalgia and it being your favorite because you grew up with them but still for the most part most people I know who are Gen 1 crazy call it the only true Pokemon to ever exist which I did equally as offensive. Snowy wasn't targeting you she was speaking of my friend who is very much a hipster and the type of person that thinks the older something is the better it is. It's sad really because my favorite Pokemon is in Gen 1 but her super elitist attitude pisses me off.
It did not seem like she was. It looked more like a blanket statement then speaking of one person.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Well... it IS a hipster thing to a point. Every hipster meme has 'I did X before it was cool...' or "You probably haven't heard of Y."

Or you're 'only a true fan/gen 1'er IF...'

Which, granted, it's silly. We all have our preferences and likes. Me, I still <3 Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I loved my freaking tree house. Actually, I like all of the Pokemon games for different reasons. Each gen had strong points and weak points. Also, 'you're only a TRUE gen 1'er if...' is way different than 'I just prefer Gen 1 because that's where I started'.

And yes, I am SO getting the new eevee evolution. And I totally agree that the gen war stuff is absurd and silly. But folks on the internet will get their underpants knotted up for nearly any reason. :P I also agree with Doctress.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Silivren

Novikova wrote:Well... it IS a hipster thing to a point. Every hipster meme has 'I did X before it was cool...' or "You probably haven't heard of Y."

Which, granted, it's silly. We all have our preferences and likes. Me, I still <3 Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I loved my freaking tree house. Actually, I like all of the Pokemon games for different reasons. Each gen had strong points and weak points. Also, 'you're only a TRUE gen 1'er if...' is way different than 'I just prefer Gen 1 because that's where I started'.

And yes, I am SO getting the new eevee evolution. And I totally agree that the gen war stuff is absurd and silly. But folks on the internet will get their underpants knotted up for nearly any reason. :P I also agree with Doctress.
Exactly but those people piss me off SO much. I don't CARE if you only like Gen 1. You can't tell me a Pokemon isn't a Pokemon unless its Gen 1. That's just ridiculous. :lol:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Doctress wrote:
Novikova wrote:Well... it IS a hipster thing to a point. Every hipster meme has 'I did X before it was cool...' or "You probably haven't heard of Y."

Exactly but those people piss me off SO much. I don't CARE if you only like Gen 1. You can't tell me a Pokemon isn't a Pokemon unless its Gen 1. That's just ridiculous. :lol:
You get those with every Gen I can't count how many times people went "Gen 1 designs are so bad compared to Gen 5's" when Gen 5 came out :lol: Yeah cos I icecream cone is such a better design then a rock with arms :lol:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

What I like best are the people that say the only really *creative* and *cool* pokemon came out during Gen 1. Gen 1 is great and has some great mons, sure. But I have to giggle when people go "Wow three stupid monkeys, Nintendo is running out of ideas" and they completely ignore, say, Voltorb and Electrode. Or Geodude. Lovely pokémon, but not elaborate, perhaps.

It's not that they aren't good pokémon or anything like that, but Gen 1 had just as many uninspired designs as Gen 5. xD

Also, keep in mind all, when stating an opinion, keep it phrased as an opinion. :-) Try to keep things phrased like "I think ____ is ugly/cute/the best/the worst/an atrocity" and not "_____ is ugly/cute/the best/the worst/an atrocity". The latter makes it seem like you're forcing your opinion on other people and sparks attitudes really quickly. The power of two little words.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Silivren

cowmuflage wrote:
Doctress wrote:

You get those with every Gen I can't count how many times people went "Gen 1 designs are so bad compared to Gen 5's" when Gen 5 came out :lol: Yeah cos I icecream cone is such a better design then a rock with arms :lol:
I hate both of those Pokemon immensely lol they don't appeal to me at all. I had said friend also tell me Fenneken shouldn't exist because there were only THREE true fox Pokemon. Eevee, Vulpix and Ninetails and while I love all three I fail to see how another fox type Pokemon hurts anything. I'm still holding out for a Lion I don't think we have one of those yet.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

A thing I don't like is when they make a evolved form for a older pokemon that just feels tacked on. I felt the magma,magnimite and electabuzz ones where just that :S
Silivren

I didn't like any of those either nor did I particularly like those Pokemon to begin with. I still look at Magmar and think "Butt-Face" it's just there for me. Kudos to those who like him though. There's few Pokemon I can't stand... Except for Whitney's Miltank. Screw that stupid rollout cow. -_- (only hers though other Miltank are wonderful but that one.... Ugh.)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Doctress wrote:I'm still holding out for a Lion I don't think we have one of those yet.
:D

The description says Luxray is based on a lion. The females also have slightly shorter manes than the males.
cowmuflage wrote:Image
What happened to just 'Pokemon that's related to Mew and Mewtwo but isn't an evolution'? I thought that was the biggest idea behind it? o.o I mean, why not? Mewtwo and Mew are similar and related since one is cloned from the other, I personally believe this Pokemon is just the next stage, like they tried to clone Mew again or something. So basically, Mewthree. Also... What on earth is Buutwo?

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Snowy wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Image
What happened to just 'Pokemon that's related to Mew and Mewtwo but isn't an evolution'? I thought that was the biggest idea behind it? o.o I mean, why not? Mewtwo and Mew are similar and related since one is cloned from the other, I personally believe this Pokemon is just the next stage, like they tried to clone Mew again or something. So basically, Mewthree. Also... What on earth is Buutwo?
What you are saying is basicly No.2 where is says "A stand alone Pokemon that's not related" XD Nope the biggest idea is it's a form of Mewtwo (this is the one I hear the most). The little info from the movie kind of suggests that. Also the Pokemon people have in the past said certain froms of pokemon are new ones but turn out to just be forms. That hedgehog one was for a bit like that.

Majin Buu he's a DBZ character that it resembles (The head peice it has.). Like how Mewtwo looks like Freeza.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Guess we will find out on July 13, 2013 when the movie it's in comes out.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

As per usual when I decide I don't like something, I think I'm growing on Mewthree. For some reason his design is starting to really appeal to me.
I don't understand my brain.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

cowmuflage wrote:
Majin Buu he's a DBZ character that it resembles (The head peice it has.). Like how Mewtwo looks like Freeza.

Omg I'm cackling far too hard at that :lol: I've been getting a huge kick out of the DBZ/Pokemon comparisons going around

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

cowmuflage wrote:What you are saying is basicly No.2 where is says "A stand alone Pokemon that's not related" XD
Ah, I saw that as more of a 'Pokemon that has absolutely nothing to do with Mew or Mewtwo at all' which I found quite a silly idea to be honest, so that makes more sense.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Snowy wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:What you are saying is basicly No.2 where is says "A stand alone Pokemon that's not related" XD
Ah, I saw that as more of a 'Pokemon that has absolutely nothing to do with Mew or Mewtwo at all' which I found quite a silly idea to be honest, so that makes more sense.
I can see how you'd think that. The wording on that is very bad.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

the /only/ thing I dislike about that mew...three thing is that odd handle thing on it's head. But it's just a small dislike. Relevantly...

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:What I like best are the people that say the only really *creative* and *cool* pokemon came out during Gen 1. Gen 1 is great and has some great mons, sure. But I have to giggle when people go "Wow three stupid monkeys, Nintendo is running out of ideas" and they completely ignore, say, Voltorb and Electrode. Or Geodude. Lovely pokémon, but not elaborate, perhaps.
I will likely get based to hell and back, but I put a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon up with the least creative designs... Especially in terms of Evolution. Magneton is the worst offender of them in my opinion. Someone decided to glue three Magnetmite together. XD I actually find a lot of the later designs to be very creative, if no more creative. I like how Nintendo gets bold with them.

...ANYWAYS. I'm putting my money on it being related to Mew and Mewtwo, but not an evolution or a form of either. I believe it's an entirely new Pokemon. That being said... I still think it's walking on eggplants.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}