EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I feel your disappointment. I haven't picked up the game since Tuesday. I knew it was coming, but I thought they would wait until 5.2. Which begs the question; can the trick tame be done on the PTR?

Vazjin
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Vazjin »

I'd like to thank Mousie for helping me get my pet. I tried for a good hour with my wife and couldnt do it correctly. The 4th one with Mousie and I got it! :D
Subfocus
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Subfocus »

Well, time to sell my hunter with "No longer obtainable pets"

Huehue :<
Only reason I made this hunter is to be a pokemon master
Minty

Unread post by Minty »

Vazjin wrote:I'd like to thank Mousie for helping me get my pet. I tried for a good hour with my wife and couldnt do it correctly. The 4th one with Mousie and I got it! :D
Could I ask, when this was? I know it's idle hope, but I'm hoping the hotfix reports are untrue :(
Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mousie »

Minty wrote:
Vazjin wrote:I'd like to thank Mousie for helping me get my pet. I tried for a good hour with my wife and couldnt do it correctly. The 4th one with Mousie and I got it! :D
Could I ask, when this was? I know it's idle hope, but I'm hoping the hotfix reports are untrue :(
That was before they hotfixed it... Sorry!

And you're welcome Vazjin <3
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Thanks to everyone who helped anyone taming one of these pet, i hope blizzard will reconsider this but i doubt it, i just hope that people who specifically tamed (bv: blighthounds) get punished by blizzard, maybe i'm just mad dunno
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Re: EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

I only found out this was doable again today after seeing a new oil stained Warg yesterday.

Godamnit why didn't I tame one back when Yas got Roast. Ah well, third time I've missed out on a shiny now least some managed before it got fixed :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
deadman

Unread post by deadman »

Now that the loophole has been closed, does anyone know where we can find a list of the "bad" buff pets?

I'm sure there is a way for them to allow us to tame our shiny special pets AND prevent the combat-related buff abuse.

I'm of the opinion that all us hunters should get a petition together to have all the mobs that have combat-affecting buffs converted to "un-tamable" and that Blizzard should purposely make the ability to tame appearance buff pets available. But I don't know all the no-no's, so I can't just hand them a list :-/ (I'd also like to know which ones to AVOID taming, since I've got like 7 years invested in my hunter and do not want to take any risk of getting banned by accidentally taming the wrong pet ^^;;)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Didn't even know you could get bad game breaking pets, I tried to get the tiger with the collar cause I thought it looked cool o.o (ive had the lone ranger before as well) Oh well no pretty pet for me!

I'll just have to keep my Maggot as my special one when they stop letting us tame those!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

deadman wrote:Now that the loophole has been closed, does anyone know where we can find a list of the "bad" buff pets?

I'm sure there is a way for them to allow us to tame our shiny special pets AND prevent the combat-related buff abuse.

I'm of the opinion that all us hunters should get a petition together to have all the mobs that have combat-affecting buffs converted to "un-tamable" and that Blizzard should purposely make the ability to tame appearance buff pets available. But I don't know all the no-no's, so I can't just hand them a list :-/ (I'd also like to know which ones to AVOID taming, since I've got like 7 years invested in my hunter and do not want to take any risk of getting banned by accidentally taming the wrong pet ^^;;)
Are there any new damage buffed ones besides the blighthounds and the badlands tainted bats, spiders and bears? If not, that's the list.

I share the wish to tame these pretties, but I doubt they'll put any further effort into it than thay already have -- particulary because the whole issue (and fix) involves these pets being under the effect of a spell which is supposed to clear upon taming or death. As a programmer, I, too, am tickled whenever someone figures out a way to get past this obstacle. However, what you're proposing will take time and programming resources, not to mention reducing the number of tameable pets. I actually used one of those spiders for a long time (sans buff), I still love the color.

So good luck with the petition. I'll be happy if it works.

Machinima
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Machinima »

This is my first post here. Hello, can I get an update on this page. Has anyone figured out another way to tame glitch pets? I have been coming here for a long time now to read up on the new news for glitch tames. I am willing to put the work in to figure another way to do this. I love glitch pets and they are more fun to tame than any other pet. Let's not let blizz get us again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Since this method is now gone, I might lock this thread. If a new method is found then it probably should go in a new thread anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.