Wasted Rares :(

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Re: Wasted Rares :(

Unread post by Derax »

And here I didn't think I would agree with SgtMakkie on anything in this thread.. :p

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

meunkin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by meunkin »

Name-calling and personal attacks aside (please), both arguments are completely valid.

Hunters are justified in feeling bad that their rare, unique pets can be killed by any random guy that just happens to be flying by.

Rare-hunters are justified in feeling that because these things are hostile and drop loot (and in the Northrend cases, result in achievements), they should be hunted. If they weren't meant to be killed, they wouldn't be given loot nor made killable.

So it's Blizzard's fault for putting the cookie out there for both competing groups, and in highly-trafficked areas. I'm sure the initial thought was that this competition is good, it makes the world's players feel active and engaged with one another.

The Cata changes (no achieve, Tear drop) are a step in the right direction, but not enough to resolve the conflict. Blizz has some smart designers, though, so who knows what the next patch will bring :)

Edit: Part of Blizzard's mission statement is that Every Voice Matters (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html). The best solutions take everyone's feelings into account, and leave us all feeling a bit better :)
Last edited by meunkin on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Razzy wrote:Ah, good ol' petopia forums!
Pretty much how I feel, right here. :P

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Perfectly summed up, Meunkin. :) Unfortunately, such insights tend to be forgotten from thread to thread. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I locked this thread myself. I'm going to be doing clean-up on it and talking to some people about their posts, but the thread will remain locked.

A couple of notes:

1) I was on Moderator duty yesterday. For reasons I'd rather not go into, I dropped the ball and went missing for over 24 hours. You have my abject apologies for leaving you moderator-less and therefore letting this thread get out of hand.

2) Saturo has been banned for repeated violations of the Petopia Community Forum rules. I wanted to say that here to avoid the rumor thing.
2a) Saturo's account remains active for the RP forum only, and only until the current RP has ended. I didn't want to cause our RP community undue stress.