Pegasus Mount Preview

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Pegasus Mount Preview

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castilé wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:After looking at them a bit more the blue one screams Titan to me. It just does and the red one looks like a mount Deathwing would ride but then why would deathwing need a mount XD
This comment made me think that maybe this is a reward from the legendary chain perhaps? Wrathion's mount or something??
I could see that. I mean he is getting a lot of things this patch and all.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

cowmuflage wrote:I could see that. I mean he is getting a lot of things this patch and all.
Like Anduin?

I'M KIDDING, GOSH! :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Kalliope wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I could see that. I mean he is getting a lot of things this patch and all.
Like Anduin?

I'M KIDDING, GOSH! :lol:
MY FEELS. *sobs*

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

:hug: Sorry, couldn't resist!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Akyo wrote:well i want it. though i wish they would leave the horse and dragon theme.
As a alliance I would love a wolf mount. thats not a worg with broken back.
What I was thinking they were saying (correct me if I'm wrong), is that they're taking a lot of normally ground mounts and adding wings to them...the only problem I have with this is that they're using the same (again, correct me) texture/skin for all the wings, which look like the original gryphon wings. It looks out of place on a lot of mounts to me, like the RaF one it didn't fit at all, and it didn't look that great on the quilen either to me. They made all these cool looking mounts, then reused the same style of wings for all of them.

And...egad, it's using the same skeleton as the sparkle pony? It's not so bad on the sparkle pony cause you can't see the broken hoof as badly, but it was horrible on Tyrael's charger and it's just awful on this. Is it really that hard to fix this one little part of the animation?

Other than that tho, they really are gorgeous mounts, especially that mane and head.
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

I'm thinking new pet store mount. Of course, red for your horde toons and blue for your ally toons. Guardian, windsteed, and others so time for a new shop mount.

Although could be what my husband mentioned... Blizzcon reward. They did say somewhere that the item was not going to be a murloc this year. Haven't had a mount since what, first blizzcon? Maybe this and it's just being datamined now so they can test and get it ready? Weren't other mounts datamined long before being actually added in? Just forget which one(s) I'm thinking of at the moment.

Just a thought.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

•Hearthstoned (New) Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion. Account Wide.

Looks like itll be a promotion for the new game.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Sasrei wrote:•Hearthstoned (New) Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion. Account Wide.

You mean I'm gonna have to actually pretend to play that just for the pretty pony? Darn it.
Enikka & Gara.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

With Hearthstone being F2P, I wonder what the nature of this promotion will be. F2P + a promotion mount doesnt seem to add up to me.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Quivering wrote:With Hearthstone being F2P, I wonder what the nature of this promotion will be. F2P + a promotion mount doesnt seem to add up to me.
It sounds like a new Annual Pass kind of deal to me. E.g. "sign up for full year of continued subscription and you will get guaranteed access to the Hearthstone beta, the exclusive WoW mount Hearthsteed and X for free" (X possibly being an expansion to either of the three main games).
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Sasrei wrote:•Hearthstoned (New) Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion. Account Wide.

Done! I'll do it. :lol: I alredy signed up for the beta just to try.

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Zhinru wrote:
Quivering wrote:With Hearthstone being F2P, I wonder what the nature of this promotion will be. F2P + a promotion mount doesnt seem to add up to me.
It sounds like a new Annual Pass kind of deal to me. E.g. "sign up for full year of continued subscription and you will get guaranteed access to the Hearthstone beta, the exclusive WoW mount Hearthsteed and X for free" (X possibly being an expansion to either of the three main games).
Idd i was thinking the same thing :P
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Zhinru wrote:
Could be, I forgot about the beta. Usually when shinies are attached to new games, theres a cost/commitment involved. A new AP could be it.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

It seems like (according to the Hearthstone FAQ) you hafta buy a card pack in beta for Hearthstone....then as thanks they'll send you the Hearthsteed (mount's name) when beta ends.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Magnakilro wrote:It seems like (according to the Hearthstone FAQ) you hafta buy a card pack in beta for Hearthstone....then as thanks they'll send you the Hearthsteed (mount's name) when beta ends.
Any sort of price floating around for the card packs? Wondering if we're talking more or less than the normal Bliz store mount prices here.

Also, does that mean anyone who signs up for beta gets in? Or you can buy the packs even if you're not in the beta? I have no interest in the game at all but now I'm wondering if I should go sign up for the beta.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I thought they were $1? Real cheap if I remember.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Its an opt-in beta. Just...opt-in XD. No idea on prices.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Magnakilro wrote:Its an opt-in beta. Just...opt-in XD. No idea on prices.
What I meant is I didn't want to opt in as I'm really not interested - rather not lower the chances for people who are - but... do want that mount!

If I can buy the pack without being in the beta that would work for me. :p

Edit: seems to be US only Beta opt-in anyhow if I read that FAQ correctly?
I don’t live in the US; can I still participate in the beta test?
We hope to launch a beta test in other game regions after the initial beta-test launch in North America, but we don’t have any specifics to announce at this time. Stay tuned for updates.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

hmm.. hopefully they tell us what we have to do lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Magnakilro wrote:It seems like (according to the Hearthstone FAQ) you hafta buy a card pack in beta for Hearthstone....then as thanks they'll send you the Hearthsteed (mount's name) when beta ends.
There's nothing concrete announced, but this was my suspicion as well. They DID say that if you help them out in beta AND buy a pack of cards from the store in beta then they'll give you a "reward" for your help at the end. It does seem to fit.

Also (unrelated to the pegasus but related to new equine mounts), has anyone mentioned the Iron Hitching Post? If this is the source of the other iron horse (and it seems to fit) then it may not be a learned mount at all. If so, I wonder if it's maybe a blacksmithing or eng item, or if it's a new TCG item like the original hitching post. The stack size of 250 suggests TCG to me.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.